Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(

Go down 
+22
Loon
Pardofelis
Ana
jarda
Duck-Anch-Amun
bmathison1972
costicuba
endogenylove
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
sunny
Jill
Burgerenby
Taos
SUSANNE
Caracal
spacelab
Roger
George
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 5:21 am

Wow I didn't know so many freshwater fish models existed, these are really wonderful! Have you seen Safari's sockeye salmon from their incredible creatures line? I think that model would look wonderful with your other salmon Very Happy

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 5:32 am

Thanks! There are quite a few, many gorgeous ones by Japanese brands that may never grace my shelves... I am very aware of the IC sockeye, just need to grab one sometime! Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 8:54 am

Paige, your collection seems endless and so neat! Your personal dedication is captured perfectly in those photos. I never thought I would spend so much time checking fishes...
sunny
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 10:26 am

What a collection, so many I have missed and so many to look at! cheers What a great selection of crabs and amazing freshwater fish collection, so so many models, and they are all so beautifully made! cheers So many colours, I love the colourful ones, and the deep sea fish are really interesting too, such diversity in your fish! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 10:57 am

I think spacelab touched on a really great point there - it's not just how many models you have, but how beautifully they're all presented for the pictures, and displayed on your shelves. There's a big difference between purely having a big collection, and having a big but wonderfully curated collection, and you've put the effort and dedication in to making this look really neat and organised and aesthetically pleasing!

(My collection is well toward the 'big but chaotic and untidy' side, which is why I've been here for months but never shown photos of it together as a whole Laughing )

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 12:01 pm

If someone asks me again why I collect animal figures, I will link that person to this topic. Laughing
It looks a paradisiac hobby when your collection is the subject.
We don't have information about Planet Earth, it seems we have to open a page for it. Apparently it is a name used for many random sets but since the sea lion is marked and there's even a year, it is good to assume a collection of Planet Earth figures really exists.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 2:28 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Wow I didn't know so many freshwater fish models existed, these are really wonderful! Have you seen Safari's sockeye salmon from their incredible creatures line? I think that model would look wonderful with your other salmon Very Happy

While these are very nice, it only scratches the surface. Check out the sets by Yujin and Colorata
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 3:15 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Joliezac wrote:

While these are very nice, it only scratches the surface. Check out the sets by Yujin and Colorata

I really love many figures I've seen from the Japanese brands, they seriously look so great. I just don't really know if I want to get into other brands right now, especially since they are so expensive on eBay. I would probably start with Colorata though, their sets look great and they seem reasonably priced on eBay, I'm just very new to Japanese brands so I haven't really "tested the waters" yet Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 3:40 pm

Fish figures are really interesting.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 5:53 pm

Not a collector of fish but what a superb collection and wonderful displays! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 5:30 am

Thank you Kostas, Bonnie, George, Roger, Andreas, and Taylor! I try really hard to "curate" my collection (what a great description!) so that it looks nice. Trust me however, it often is a barely contained chaos... remember these are freshly cleaned and long thought out executions of planning. Wink

Next will be my birds. Here we go!
Starting with raptors.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 6:16 am

Ooh my favorite group: birds, more specially birds of prey! You have an excellent raptor collection! I was unsure if I wanted the new Schleich vulture but I think it looks pretty nice with the others, I'll have to grab that guy... Also I'm not sure what brand the condor is next to the Yowie one but that model is beautiful!

Great figures I can't wait to see more!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 10:52 am

Impressive aviary Paige Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 11:24 am

Wonderful avians, I love the Schleich eagle chicks! Very Happy And have also always loved barn owls too, especially the CollectA model! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 12:30 pm

It´s my first comment in this thread, but I´m following it since Post Nr 1 Very Happy I am really enjoying your collection and it´s impressive to see the different models :) I really like, that you are like me not fixed with one scale and that you presentation looks so good.
I often think that my collection would look better if all the models were the perfect size as there are lot of Users that I follow regulary with beautiful collections. However seeing yours, I think i will continue as always Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 3:04 pm

scratch scratch scratch Shocked Shocked Shocked

Okay, phantastic! What brand and material are:

the eagle of the left side (pic 2)
the vulture with the black head (last pic)
the harp eagle left side (pic 3)
and the owl in the middle (greter horned owl)

???

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 3:53 pm

Amazing representation as always. I've said before that if I had seen your collection as a kid, I just would have imploded with amazement that such a museum of animal figures existed. Adult Jill feels the same way, to be honest.

Also, this picture cracks me up.
"Are you even listening to me?"

" Neutral "
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 5:38 pm

Thank you everyone!

Andreas, hopefully these are the models you mean:

That is an action model https://www.google.com/search?q=neca+assassins+creed+eagle+eye&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=sivxn&sxsrf=AOaemvKFxazx3pkDE0XG7KHqG3_gm3FACg:1635176200666&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwjNp9eE8uXzAhW6qpUCHR0eDBoQ_AUoAnoECAIQAg&biw=360&bih=670&dpr=3

A nayab vulture
Safari toob harpy eagle
And the learning resources horned owl

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 7:10 pm

Very nice raptors, especially the AAA figures. cheers cheers

endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 11:45 pm

What is the brand of the peregrine falcon in front with wings spread? It's lovely!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 12:04 am

That is by Papo. :)

Thanks Fernando and Endogenylove!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 3:42 am

Seabirds

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 4:22 am

Wonderful again! I love that chubby albatross in the bottom left!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 7:12 am

Many lovely birds

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 8:04 am

It's great to see a topic with penguins after all this time. Razz

I saw and hold this AAA perched pelican some months ago, an impressive sculpt and definitely huge! Every attempt to identify him was a failure. He's a mix with a touch of artistic freedom in the way he's painted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(
Page 7 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next