Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(

Go down 
+22
Loon
Pardofelis
Ana
jarda
Duck-Anch-Amun
bmathison1972
costicuba
endogenylove
rogerpgvg
lucky luke
sunny
Jill
Burgerenby
Taos
SUSANNE
Caracal
spacelab
Roger
George
widukind
Joliezac
landrover
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 4:34 am

widukind wrote:
Nice again. What brand is the large raccoon dog on the left side?
Wasn't that one a custom, a repaint of a raccoon figure (that looks so much better this way)?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 4:43 am

Ah yes! Thank you Kelly...  Embarassed Andreas, that is the Nayab raccoon repainted into a raccoon dog (physical morphology was dead wrong for a raccoon but correct for a dog!)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 9:29 am

So beautiful and rare species! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 10:51 am

Great collection again Very Happy

The safari Ltd Babirusa and Sumatran rhino are tempting me bounce
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 4:44 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 6:39 pm

That Père David’s deer… wow! affraid Such a beautiful model

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 6:42 pm

Great selection!!

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 7:50 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thanks Jolie, Alain, and Andreas!

Last batch.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

beautiful antelopes here! love the saolo and chiru especially

and was it a dhole dog I saw earlier, sitting in the back right with ears flat to her head, looking up to the camera ?
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 04, 2021 11:31 pm

Maybe are you talking about the "Natural History" Tibetan sand fox (Vulpes ferrilata)? It have little to do with dholes, but I see no other figure resembling one...

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 1:07 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you Lilias!

My very favorite group on this shelf.

it is this yellow coloured cutey at the back right here, with the pointy ears Wink

I see now it is a sand fox, :)

but to me, I find the eyes and shape of forehead, are very similar in appearance and presence.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 2:08 am

Thank you everyone! Sunny, the fox is indeed a Tibetan Sand fox. I hope for a dhole someday! I think the only brand with one is the Japanese Colorata model.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 2:33 am

Antelopes and the tibetan fox are my favorites.

congratulations. cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 4:01 am

Thank you Fernando!

The display! This is the upper portion of a book case, the lower shelves contain African mammals.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 9:51 am

Many many many many many beauties

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 10:50 am

I was really admiring the accuracy of the varying textures in the last few photos, lots of these models are beautifully sculpted! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 12:21 pm

Great, there is much space for more red pandas and pangolins! Razz
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 1:23 am

Thank you all dear friends! There is ALWAYS room for one more... Wink

Now we move to Oceania for the first half of the week. I hope for more diveristy to be created for this region in future brand releases.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 2:38 am

Some of the coolest species are found in Oceania... Totally would love to see more figures from this region (birds & reptiles especially!)

Is the quokka on the bottom right from Science & Nature? It looks very nice!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 3:56 am

Indeed it is. :) And thank you!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 8:13 am

Many individual species

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 9:08 am

Impressive red kangaroos herd! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 9:53 am

Joliezac wrote:
Some of the coolest species are found in Oceania... Totally would love to see more figures from this region (birds & reptiles especially!)

I agree about Oceania, not only Australia, but also New-Guinea species drunken

The moer I look at it, the more I like the last Safari Ltd koala. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 3:21 am

Thank you everyone. :) There are LOADS of species from this region that would be just incredible in toy form... drunken

My favorites of course. :)

These guys too...

And these! Wink

And who doesn't love a platypus?

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 3:36 am

I love how the Papo platypus is in a swimming pose, and gorgeous dingos & Tasmanian tigers! I wish canines had a bit more representation. I'm more of a feline enthusiast but I would love to have a pack of African wild dogs & dingos on my shelves cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 7:19 am

Great show again for my breakfast   sunny

Who said the CollectA Tasmanian devil was too big ? Laughing

The platypus family is just charming, there's always a voice in my head whispering collect them all... But I bravely resist... But it is a hard task Laughing

It is true that canines are under-represented in the world of toys, probably because they are less known and above all less identifiable than big cats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(   1 - The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :( - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium: The New Frontier...hit a speed bump :(
Page 18 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next