Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A thread to appreciate models with weird faces

Go down 
+2
Saarlooswolfhound
Jill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

A thread to appreciate models with weird faces Empty
PostSubject: A thread to appreciate models with weird faces   A thread to appreciate models with weird faces EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 12:58 am

Highly detailed and realistic artistry in models is really compelling. There are so many beautiful sculpts and so much fantastic paintwork out there, and those are always enjoyable. But I enjoy the other end of the spectrum, too. In fact, finding models with endearingly weird faces is a highlight in collecting for me. My avatar photo is my favorite example, of course, but this one came today:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I both laugh at her and relate to her.

Do you have a model whose expression makes you laugh (or shake your head in dismay)? Please show them to me! I need a little bit of light hearted whimsy in my life about now. flower

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: A thread to appreciate models with weird faces   A thread to appreciate models with weird faces EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 3:23 am

Oh I love the old Safari authentics! This is a great example of what you point out. Very Happy

I will post some of mine this weekend! I need some whimsy too.  Laughing

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A thread to appreciate models with weird faces   A thread to appreciate models with weird faces EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 5:13 am

What a nice weirdo 😊 You found Papo jackal’s father 👍

If you love this kind of creatures, you should have look at this topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: A thread to appreciate models with weird faces   A thread to appreciate models with weird faces EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 8:19 am

Hahah, oh, that IS a face!

The only one I can think of who makes me laugh is Smug the cat - the simplicity of the paint strokes on his face, and there was no way I could name him anything else Laughing

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: A thread to appreciate models with weird faces   A thread to appreciate models with weird faces EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 12:23 pm

This is a wonderful idea for a thread! cheers I love those eyes! Shocked And what a sweet and funny fox George! Very Happy
I had to include this AAA bulldog, you can't quite tell from the camera but he has a great face, and it's slightly lopsided too! Laughing
And then a couple of Schleich dogs, models based on the film Foofur. This is Foofur the blue bloodhound: Laughing
And apparently this character is Louis the bulldog:
lol!
EDIT: and just realised another sweet face of a Schleich dog has appeared in the Louis' photo! tongue
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: A thread to appreciate models with weird faces   A thread to appreciate models with weird faces EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 3:53 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
What a nice weirdo 😊 You found Papo jackal’s father 👍

If you love this kind of creatures, you should have look at  this topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ah, I didn't realize there is already a long standing thread for these! Many delightful faces there, also. Laughing Though I would argue for a slightly different theme here - not poorly done so much as unintentionally emotive. Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I love smug cat, ha! That's a perfect name, for a perfect little beast.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - wonderful! Especially the Schleich dog in the back of that last photo, oh no. geek
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: A thread to appreciate models with weird faces   A thread to appreciate models with weird faces EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 5:35 am

Haha, some of those old Authentics look like they should be stars in a 'Just Say No to Drugs' film, they do bring a smile! I think I need to try to find the Papo jackal just for the trippy eyes.

I agree, that hairy dog behind the Louis bulldog looks off his rocker. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A thread to appreciate models with weird faces   A thread to appreciate models with weird faces Empty

Back to top Go down

A thread to appreciate models with weird faces
Page 1 of 1