Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)

Go down 
+40
SeanieP
twilighter
Michelle
jarda
QuollMate
Saien
donny ong
Barti
pouchedrat
pipsxlch
arafan
Taos
Duck-Anch-Amun
Fossa
Arctinus
Saarlooswolfhound
Loon
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Megaptera
MansoBoricua
Gecko08
aschuck
endogenylove
Tupolew Tu-154
Shanti
Stripedhyena
lucky luke
Caracal
Bonnie
George
Joliezac
widukind
bmathison1972
LukaLeon085
Roger
Kangaroa
Pardofelis
Gwaine
spacelab
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Michelle

Michelle

Country/State : United States

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 5:20 pm

This is what I mean exactly by too big. My collection is a barn setup with the Schleich barns and riders customed from Mattel's Jurassic World line. I don't have a farm with multiple animals, so CollectA's horses don't scale at all when setting up my scenes.
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 2:37 am

I think it is a matter of taste. But Schleich's horses are too cartoonish for me. Even IF CollectA horses are "too big," I still prefer them to Schleich's horses. Even IF I ever had Schleich's horses, I would have replaced them all with CollectA's.

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 3:15 pm

This is a slightly different angle of the new collecta elephant, we can see the legs and some other features better, so I thought it would be interesting to post it here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 3:35 pm

Thank you! Such a lovely elephant I can't wait to get my hands on Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 4:31 pm

From this angle we can see a much narrower built than most of the older elephant releases, legs are quite decent, correct head, beautiful trunk. Ears are ambiguous but I believe I will want this one and the Mojö Fun too!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 4:54 pm

I love you  With the big Eikoh, the 2021 Mojo and the new CollectA, good elephants are raining from heaven cheers
Back to top Go down
MansoBoricua

MansoBoricua

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 1:19 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
Spacelab, thank you very much for the images!

But please... They are not going to take out any interesting mammals and birds???? Embarassed
Horses, horses, horses... “Prehistoric" fauna...
More elephants with irrelevant postures? More penguins?!

Agree! There should be more ungulates and amphibians. I would especially like to see either a Nyasaland wildebeest or a banteng... Or maybe an African bullfrog! But why repeating the same boring animals, if two or three elephants were already in stock?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://ianadames02.wixsite.com/ianadamesart
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 6:51 am

MansoBoricua wrote:
Stripedhyena wrote:
Spacelab, thank you very much for the images!

But please... They are not going to take out any interesting mammals and birds???? Embarassed
Horses, horses, horses... “Prehistoric" fauna...
More elephants with irrelevant postures? More penguins?!

Agree! There should be more ungulates and amphibians. I would especially like to see either a Nyasaland wildebeest or a banteng... Or maybe an African bullfrog! But why repeating the same boring animals, if two or three elephants were already in stock?? Shocked

It's safer for a company to make a good updated elephant and to sell a lot than making a Banteng or an African bullfrog and only sell a few. CollectA, like the others, need to make money especially in this crisis period.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 9:47 am

I agree, obviously I also wanted loads of unusual species but I think it is a wise decision from CollectA to replace a core model as it is an African elephant. It was a figure needing to be refreshed to follow the standards of the new hippo, rhino, lion, etc. It is also a model that does not represent a big risk, elephants always sell very well as Christophe pointed. I think it is important that we collectors try to understand that these days it is better that companies survive to this crisis instead of risking too much to close the doors. Better an elephant now and many good releases for upcoming years than a few unusual species today and the end of the company tomorrow.
I am actually very happy with this elephant, I even like the pose and we were needing great elephant figures, these wonderful animals are usually unrealistically replicated in toy shape.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 9:48 am

That is an amazing elephant! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 12:59 pm

LAST BATCH:

88968 - AMERICAN PLAINS BISON

88967 - ANGLERFISH

A1194 - Mini Reptiles & Amphibians TOOB

88951 - YAKUTIAN STALLION Grey

88959 - HALF-ARABIAN STALLION Dappled-Grey DELUXE 1:12

88950 - TRICERATOPS HORRIDUS (CollectA Deluxe, 1:40 Scale with an articulated jaw)

84194 - Mini Volcano Box Set

84193 - Mini Stable Box Set

Last edited by spacelab on Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 1:03 pm

no dogs and cats  Crying or Very sad  but a beautiful new bison Razz

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 1:17 pm

Ah, I like the bison, his fur looks so shaggy and well textured, with the dry-brushed paint to catch the details and give him that sunbleached look where the hair gets paler toward the tips of the tufts. So good to see a nicely done sculpt not at all let down by the paintwork.

The Yakut horse is a really nice addition to their selection of breeds, I like the high head carriage and the shagginess around the jawline and heels, I admit I was hoping for a more full-on winter coat, though - not only is it a feature of the breed (they famously grow four-inch long fur!), but imagine how unusual that deeply sculpted texture would look in comparison to all the smooth models. But he's nice, I like him, and the colour isn't too plain, with a hint of darker grey on all the right parts of the legs, and a black nose.

I've never collected the Deluxe scale horses, but the grey isn't bad and has more effort put into the paintwork than the old original bay, so it's good to have a choice for people who are after these bigger ones.
I don't know why they'd be calling this one Half-Arabian, though - I thought that was just for the times they released the mould in colours purebred arabians can't be (we've seen a dun and a pinto, I think, the bay and chestnut were just called Arabian), but there's no problem with grey for the breed, so I suspect this is a mistake in labelling Laughing

The Triceratops says articulated jaw, yet the head seems to be sculpted as a single solid piece with the mouth fixed open, so I wonder if it's actually an articulated joint between head and neck?

spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 1:33 pm

DIMENTIONS (width x height):

American Bison: 12,8 X 7,6 cm
Anglerfish: 12,8 X 6,4 cm
Yakutian: 15,7 X 10,5 cm
Arabian: 25 X 20 cm
Triceratops : 28 X 13,6 cm
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 1:40 pm

the bison is nice, but I don't see a need to replace the one I have, at least not yet
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 1:44 pm

LOOK AT THIS LITTLE FLUFFY FRIEND

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 1:56 pm

I like the Yakut-Pony! Maybe it this breed in summer with a shorter coat! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 2:02 pm

Right, from the press release:

"The CollectA model shows the horse in its summer fur and the pose suggests the vitality of the horse when springtime comes, and nature wakes up from the harsh frost in this region."
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 2:14 pm

the anlgerfish looks to be Melanocetus johnsonii, the same species in Safari's Deep Sea TOOB. But, this one has a parasitic male!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fossa

Fossa

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 2:20 pm

The angler fish is truely awesome. Beautiful bison aswell.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 2:25 pm

Thank you so much for posting these high quality photos for us! Honestly the bison is very beautiful and I am more than happy to add yet another one to my collection. The anglerfish looks beautiful and is that the male attached to the bottom? I can't tell on my phone.. If so that's so amazing! Only complaint is how big it is Crying or Very sad

Of course I would have loved to get some more exotic birds or antelopes, but I am honestly pretty stoked for these figures and I will for sure be getting the penguin chicks, alpaca, green tree python, green iguana, elephant, American bison, anglerfish, and maybe the Peraceratherium too Laughing

This lineup along with Papo's are going to make 2022 very exciting! I just hope that Safari will release something, they keep teasing on FaceBook that they will be revealing stuff soon, I can't wait until they do!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 2:32 pm

I like the American plains bison. Looks a very decent figure. The previous model was also good, not needing a replacement but this one is even better, I guess.
It is sized close to the Safari model and larger than Schleich. Small but at least it is the size we're used. I need a bison, I still use the Papo 1st generation that is clearly an outdated model.
I also enjoy the anglerfish even if I am not considering to get it.
Reptiles tube is a mix of large and small animals, a few amphybians too, it may worth to get the tube to get those smaller versions of the smaller animals.
I agree with George about the Yakut horse, if the Winter fur is their main feature, it was logical for CollectA to choose that option. It could result weird but when I saw Schleich poitou donkey for the first time, it seemed weird for me but it was because of my ignorance. Nevertheless, the horse is really beautiful, a flaxy design but works nicely with the breed. Loving it for now.
Thanks again Kostas for keeping us updated.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 3:04 pm

My to-buy selection was always going to be any new-sculpt horses added to the range, so the Noriker mare and foal, American Saddlebred, Orlov Trotter, and Yakutian were automatically on the wish list.

But with such nice paintjobs on the repeated moulds, I'll be having those as well, so another Appaloosa, liver chestnut Arabian, grey Hanoverian, and the frame over Paint (which is a bonus really, cos he gets to count as a new breed sharing a sculpt, not just a colour option within the same breed)

Nine to buy in total; more than some years but not so many that I feel daunted by the cost of collecting! Laughing

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 3:47 pm

As I already speculated - the reptile&amphibian miniatures are exactly those that we already got on a larger scale. So no need for me, as I just bought the Darwin Fog and already have the chamelon. If I would have known earlier, that CollectA is realising those figures on a smaller scale, I would have waited. But so, no need, as more that the Green Python (what could be to big for me) isn´t in the toob.

The Bison looks very nice! Will wait for comparison photos! The Elephant is fabulous, too. Hmm...I think the one closest in size to my Mojo Asian Elephant will win.
The Anglerfish looks nice, too. However it´s to big for me and I have already the Safari figure. However attaching the male ist very cool, I didn´t know this feature so thanks for the informations! The Yakut-Pony would have been more interesting in a winter coat. So, I cannot even distinguish it to other horses/ponys, as I´m no expert^^

A second rather disappointing year for a species collector like me, but I will not regret saving some money^^
Back to top Go down
Barti

Barti

Country/State : Polish

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2021 5:18 pm

Hello everyone, for me the bison is the figurine of the year, normally I am really delighted with it, but its size is very small and unfortunately it makes it lose a lot of its beautiful image and here you finally have to ask why it is because the animal weighs about one tons and is similar in size to an iguana, which weighs several kilograms. I love all these pets in the collection, but these proportions are fun and disappointing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next