Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to stop the advertising in the middle?

Go down 
+5
Kikimalou
Roger
spacelab
George
widukind
9 posters
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

How to stop the advertising in the middle? Empty
PostSubject: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 3:28 am

I dont have any plan how i can stop that shit (advertising) in the middle. So i can not a pm or anything elsa

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 3:47 am

How do you view the forum, on a computer or a phone?
If you're on a desktop or laptop you can download a free ad blocker which completely gets rid of all advertising - I've never seen a single one on this forum. I use Ad Block Plus ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) for Chrome but they exist for all different kinds of browsers.

I have no idea about tablets or phones, if that's your method someone else will have to answer Laughing

But I'd really recommend getting one, once you've installed it, it just sits there quietly and you never have to mess with the settings or update it or do any technical fussing to make it work, it's really easy.

spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 4:14 am

Can you make a screenshot? I only see the head-banner on my pc that is not especially disturbing..
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 4:43 am

We can't do too much about it. This forum is already running with the minimal amount of advertisings, this is the way to keep it running for free.
I believe as an Admin it is different for me but when I log in as a user, I get sometimes huge advertisings but I usually can easily cancel them and sometimes just pressing the F5 key they're gone or just pressing the backwards arrow on browser and then the forward arrow. Laughing
You can delete the forum cookies, you may get new advertisings meanwhile but not the one that is really disturbing you.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] affraid affraid
What I have is just a little banner advertising just like Kostas is describing.
I also used, a long time ago, the addlocker George suggested and it is really efficient.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 5:44 am

scratch The same as Kostas...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 11:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the problem is with the computer

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 5:07 pm

How's going this problem, Andreas?

widukind

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 1:06 pm

Roger wrote:
How's going this problem, Andreas?

Sometimes it is a problem. So i can not write a message for example

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 2:11 pm

Andreas, if you tried to delete the forum cookies and it hasn't changed. Try to delete the cookies on the browser it is happening.
If you don't know how to do it, press at the same time the keys ctrl shift and delete
Check the option refering to the cookies and uncheck those you don't want to delete.
Press the button to confirm it.
Then prey a lot to be sure you can use your computer again. affraid affraid Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 11:01 pm

What browser are you using ?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 3:42 am

Kikimalou wrote:

bing

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 4:55 am

widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

bing

Bing is a search engine, not a browser as far as I know but probably it means you're using Microsoft Edge.
What Christophe wants to know is which program do you use when you go to the internet. Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Yandex, etc.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 12:12 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

bing

Bing is a search engine, not a browser as far as I know but probably it means you're using Microsoft Edge.
What Christophe wants to know is which program do you use when you go to the internet. Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Yandex, etc.

I think Microsoft Edge

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 12:48 pm

I have add pop ups all the time, but in Chrome and I think only at work. I don't recall the problem also being at home (also with Chrome). I might have a blocker enabled at home.
But it is pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 2:13 pm

These days I get them too. I use Chrome.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 4:41 am

To avoid advertising on forum I need to buy packages which means to spend money.
Though, even if we wanted to do it, we can't because none of the current Admins of this forum has founder access. In terms of settings, we already did everything to turn the adds to a minimal but maybe you will need to use a free ad blocker . Some can even be configured to act in specific websites lik ours.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 12:03 pm

Roger wrote:
To avoid advertising on forum I need to buy packages which means to spend money.
Though, even if we wanted to do it, we can't because none of the current Admins of this forum has founder access. In terms of settings, we already did everything to turn the adds to a minimal but maybe you will need to use a free ad blocker . Some can even be configured to act in specific websites lik ours.

I understand. But it is possible to change that line. It is not possible for me to send a pm to a other member,

Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 3:13 pm

I use a browser called Brave. It blocks the ads but allows you to access them if you need too.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 8:28 pm

widukind wrote:

I understand. But it is possible to change that line. It is not possible for me to send a pm to a other member,

Perhaps you need to use another web browser on your computer to access this forum ?

You don't have to stop using the one you are currently using (for all your other internet access) - just download another one specifically to visit the sts forum, and then see if the advert is still half lowered over the same area.

I use chrome and I can easily access this info/contact bar.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 5:41 pm

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:

Andreas, you can send a pm to a member through a post of this member or from his profile.
I'll think about a way to fix it for you without risking to change it for all others.
You can also access your messages directly from this link.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

thebritfarmer wrote:
I use a browser called Brave. It blocks the ads but allows you to access them if you need too.

WOW, I did a little test with the browser you're suggesting and I am quite impressed. I didn't know it at all, thanks for sharing. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: How to stop the advertising in the middle?   How to stop the advertising in the middle? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to stop the advertising in the middle?
Page 1 of 1