Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures

Go down 
+29
landrover
Saien
Michelle
Gecko08
rogerpgvg
Pardofelis
Lorelain
Burgerenby
lucky luke
jarda
NightLioness
LukaLeon085
Takama
widukind
Tupolew Tu-154
Joliezac
Loustic
aschuck
endogenylove
George
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
Duck-Anch-Amun
aaronaardvark
Stripedhyena
Roger
Bonnie
Kikimalou
Ana
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 12:31 pm

Yesss a fennec from Mojo! And a good looking one as well!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 12:34 pm

Karin, so lovely to see you again! And I'm happy to hear that you like the fennec, I think it's a very nice and cute model. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 12:42 pm

Cute newcomers and even more SR saved Very Happy Mojo will use the same molds? As the perentie is a little bit to big for my taste :)
For the birds I hope for something special Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 1:11 pm

Thanks Anna! These official pictures seem to have excessive light, I barely can see some of the figures. Laughing For example, the fennec, it looks a very good model but it is hard to see the texture inside of the ears. I think it is also missing the blacktip on tail and the eye streaks. I am surely very happy that Mojö included a fennec in their range, I will get it regardless of the size, please just do not make it larger than the red fox. Fennecs are tiny creatures.
After the Brumbies, I was expecting to see a few wildlife figures from Southlands but I was convinced the choice could be the wombat. Perentie is a phenomenal model but will compete directly with their Komodo and the Tasmanian devil is somewhat small for Mojö standards and it shocks completely with Mojö's style once it is in a very agressive posture. They're excellent choices even if I was not expecting these at all. It puts me curious. If the use of these moulds represent almost certainly an unavoidable end to the Southlands line, it also means Southlands is being compensated. Could it mean that the development of the SR saltwater crocodile could receive any light? Mojö Fun has an excellent Nile crocodile already and probably the Southlands needs to be targeted at a price level not compatible with Mojö's standards but I really would love to see that saltwater crocodile being released.
About the red panda, I also enjoy the pose choice, I was seriously considering the Eikoh model just because of that. About what the red panda is asking, I know perfectly, he wants cookies.

Last edited by Roger on Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aaronaardvark

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 1:11 pm

Fantastic wildlife figures. all going on my wish list .
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 2:02 pm

Thank you for posting these! I’ll definitely be getting the fennec, red panda, and wolf. Can’t wait to see the birds!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 2:04 pm

Lovely new models, that red panda has a great pose! Very Happy And such a wonderful Fennec! santa
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 2:09 pm

nothing for me in Wildlife, but happy the perentie is available to those who missed it.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 4:17 pm

Fennec fox and red panda are good news for me. I will also add this Tasmanian devil version from Southlands.

Maybe a PELICAN for the bird group? I hope so... I love you I love you I love you

The truth is that with the pandemic it is still difficult to find last year's models.... I need the warthog and flamingo...
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 5:14 pm

SUPERB WILDLIFE!!! The wolf and fix are spectacular, but the rescued southlands are a fantastic idea for Mojo and collectors and that panda is adorable! Hurray for Mojo!!!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 6:30 pm

Mojo just showed off a Semi Prhistoric Blue Fishy on Facebook

If this breaks any rules feel free to take it down, but this did come from one of their social media pages

Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 Prhihi10
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 6:34 pm

The fennec is my favourite of this wildlife batch, I like how they've let the animal's natural cuteness speak for itself, rather than exaggerating it in a cartoony way.

jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 7:14 pm

The "Mojo" Tasmanian devil and perentie look like cheapest China copies of Southlands Replicas. Similar mold but much simplified paint. I am happy as I have SR originals with detailed paint but no so happy because of SR company - if they sold some figures to Mojo, this is clear sign of the company end... Sad

Last edited by jarda on Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 7:33 pm

Thank you very much Ana for these revelations; Very Happy Applause cheers
I hope your Christmas holidays were warm and that you enjoy your family vacation! Cool
your faces warm my heart I love you and make my evening;drunken
I look forward to if there are any birds in your next outings Wink
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 7:42 pm

A beautiful coelacanth! Can't wait to add another to my small school!

endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 8:43 pm

Nothing for me thus far, but happy Southlands isn’t gone for good. I wish mojo would revive the saltwater crocodile sculpt that was in the works…

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 8:52 pm

I think a resurrection of the thylacoleo would be very welcome here also.

Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 8:56 pm

jarda wrote:
The "Mojo" Tasmanian devil and perentie look like cheapest China copies of Southlands Replicas. Similar mold but much simplified paint. I am happy as I have SR originals with detailed paint but no so happy because of SR company - if they sold some figures to Mojo, this is clear sign of the company end... I think the new "Mojo" bird will be wedge-tailed eagle a la SR Sad

I don't quite understand what happened to Southlands.... Has the company sold rights to some of its molds? Is it not going to continue releasing new figures?

The truth is that, in my opinion, Southlands has made some of the best molds that have been edited of some species... It is a pity that they have not expanded their production to African fauna, Asian fauna, etc... just as it is a pity that PNSO focuses only on dinosaurs and Breyer on horses ....
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 9:44 pm

The standing red panda and the coelacanth are wonderful. My wishlist. ^^

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2021 9:51 pm

It was uneasy for Southlands to maintain a project with just an online store behind. I mean, toy animal figures are not very profitable, they require a huge investment and they depend of external factors. You need to produce significative amounts of figures to justify the investment of a new mould and obviously you need to sell them. At least most of them since the profit margin is really small because the production expenses are high. Plushes, often require half of the investment and they normally have a higher final price.
So, to start a series like this one, you need a bigger background. For example, a brand with an extensive range of products can compensate better the eventual risk of starting a project of pvc animal figures. Eventually supporting the expenses to give time to this product expand on the market. Southlands needed to start with something, the Australian themed animals is not a bad idea because they're Australian and they could offer something new to a market they know perfectly. Their idea was to consolidate their range and present replicas of animals from other regions, mostly of the Southern hemisphere. Namely Madagascar, Patagonia, Amazonia, etc. I am sure if they achieved a consolidated position, they would introduce, soon or later, the sub-Saharan fauna, the most popular in this hobby.
I think the saltwater crocodile was a too ambitious project, crocodiles are one of the figures that require more time to sculpt, some brands take years to get them finished. Though, they sell well but Southlands model was really big and it required an extra investment. I believe it was Jason's passion for this hobby. A crocodile was logical for a passionate even if it was not the easiest to keep the brand running. I think Jason's and family legacy is huge, Southlands is a remarkable episode of the history of the animal figure phenomenon and instead of assuming it as the end of a glorious brand, I think we should celebrate the fact that a company like Mojö wasvisionary enough to give new chapters to this story. I only hope Jason's work gets enough recognition and that he continues available to sculpt new models to other companies and we continue enjoying his enormous talent.

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 2:25 am

Glad to see the Southlands sculpts are being saved from getting lost.
I hope that the saltwater crocodile will also be released under Mojö, I was really looking forward to that one.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Coelacanth info   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 3:05 am

Dear Sts Friends:

First, ANOTHER" Fennec Fox? Yay for me! Or rather, yay for my fennec family. Also, Roger, what you said about the red panda is hilarious, I just about cracked up reading that. Does he like Oreo cookies perhaps? Okay, just kidding. Also, does the coelacanth have a movable jaw? If so, then it's not going on my list. If not, then I might get it at "by so point. I'm also interested in the arctic wolf, Tasmanian devil, another yay for me, and the perentie. I've never seen a figure of that one before. Wow! Anyway, keep me informed if there's any more news.

Aschuck

P.S. Ana, you supplied the right information for me. Thank you so much! Names and item numbers are just what I need.

Back to top Go down
Lorelain

Lorelain

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 8:51 am

I need wolf in my pack.
Brumbies are Southland replicas, aren't they? Оо
It will be interesting to compare mare made by Mojo with mare made by Southland Replicas
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 9:38 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
SUPERB WILDLIFE!!! The wolf and fix are spectacular, but the rescued southlands are a fantastic idea for Mojo and collectors and that panda is adorable! Hurray for Mojo!!!
Yay, so lovely to read that you like them, Peige! cheers

Takama wrote:
Mojo just showed off a Semi Prhistoric Blue Fishy on Facebook

If this breaks any rules feel free to take it down, but this did come from one of their social media pages

Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 Prhihi10

Oh, it's fine! I was going to show it today but I didn't realize this one was shown on Facebook first Smile

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
The standing red panda and the coelacanth are wonderful. My wishlist. ^^

Great to hear Very Happy

aschuck wrote:
Dear Sts Friends:

First, ANOTHER" Fennec Fox? Yay for me! Or rather,  yay for my  fennec family.  Also, Roger, what you said about the red panda is hilarious, I just about cracked up reading that.  Does he like Oreo cookies perhaps? Okay, just kidding.  Also, does the coelacanth have a movable jaw? If so, then it's not going on my list.  If  not, then I might get it at "by so point.  I'm also interested in the arctic wolf, Tasmanian devil, another yay for me, and the perentie. I've never seen a figure of that one before.  Wow!  Anyway, keep  me informed if there's any more news.

Aschuck

P.S. Ana, you supplied the right information for me.  Thank you so much!  Names and item numbers  are just what I need.

Glad I could help, Anna! From what I can see the Coelacanth doesn't have a movable jaw. But I guess we can only confirm this as soon as someone gets the first one in their hands.

Lorelain wrote:
I need wolf in my pack.
Brumbies are Southland replicas, aren't they? Оо
It will be interesting to compare mare made by Mojo with mare made by Southland Replicas

Brumbies are the exact SR molds, only paintwork may vary a bit. So, I imagine they will look like color variations next to each other. Smile

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2021 9:47 am

You've already seen the fish, so the remaining animals are birds and prehistoric.

The Golden Eagle, 381051
Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 38105110
Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 38105111

Peregrine Falcon, 381056
Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 38105611
Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 38105610

Barn Owl, 381054
Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 38105411
Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 38105410

And the one prehistoric model for this year is this beautiful mammoth!

Woolly Mammoth, 381049
Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 38104910
Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 38104911

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures   Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojö fun 2022 news, Complete with pictures
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next