Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*

Go down 
+38
jarda
Nasreddin
Balaenoptera
Caracal
rogerpgvg
Leoo Past
pipsxlch
Taos
widukind
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Jill
Stripedhyena
Saien
costicuba
Ana
Wilorvise
Roy-Swetsie
Mitsukuni
Concavenator
thebritfarmer
Gecko08
lolavichor
Duck-Anch-Amun
Megaptera
sunny
endogenylove
Loon
lucky luke
George
Joliezac
Roger
Bonnie
landrover
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 9:17 am

Wonderful PV sets! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 2:05 pm

So many wonderful additions-I have the parrot set but am still missing the lorikeet!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 10:23 pm

Thank you everyone! It was a very exciting package. :) I have the croc set coming to me soon, alongside some other models so stay tuned.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 12:23 am

Most of my packages have arrived and even though it is nearly midnight here I had to share! Some better photos to come eventually (as well as some walkaround/comparison topics).

First up! Some ebay purchased Nayab(?)/Wild Republic(?) Models. Unsure of the original provenance. And unless I am mistaken several of these smaller models are missing on TAW, correct me if I am wrong? Then the monkeys came in a bulk style ebay set, with these 3 (and several to trade off) I am only missing one now!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then I have the good luck of 1) a Safari coupon expiring and 2) a TAW excuse for purchasing a mysterious cobra.... his past ancient relatives tagged along for a family reunion. Wink
I LOVE the IC gator and he will play as an old school true Bull for my flock. The large constrictor will likely play as a titanoboa for some future photos.

Then I snagged 2 colorata boxes but the other is running late. These absolutely fintastic fish have arrived though and I am in love!

More ebay catches! The glorious Oviraptor by Safari! Inspired by Loon's recent score and made even sweeter by its stomachable price tag. The croc set from Cody's great PV windfall! And 3 more K&M kitties for my set.

Perhaps less exciting to some but these are a mix of thrift and cheap chinamals. The tube of little guys below was snagged at a gas station on my recent foray into Wyoming as I HAD to have Tiny Wolf. The mandrill and cobra are quite nice also though.

And perhaps THE most exciting... I have seen some "good" quality bootlegs start showing up locally at thrift stores. Usually badly beaten though... found a Christmas Carno (Papo knockoff) and a JP inspired raptor in decent condition (some scuffs, nothing major). A few days later I then go grocery shopping recently and happen to choose a cashier with a whole endcap aisle FULL of these models. Most of them are bootlegs, but they have solid hefty plastic and have decent paintwork on them! And even better there seem to be some original sculpts mixed in (the ferocious honey badger, walrus, sea(l)ion). The sawfish I wonder if it is a copy of Papo's? I don't have that one so I can't confirm yet. Due to its size it will meet my spinosaurs soon. Very Happy Anyway, I am very pleased. With this discovery.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 2:11 am

Many wonderful additions again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 8:50 am

So nice that you've found some time to share your new models.
You're right, some of the small Nayab sets are missing on TAW as well as some large models.
I love your excuse to get the neglected Safari Cobra. It is nice when we find out about a figure nobody noticed before.
Those large knockoffs, like the ratel, are copies of resin models and that's why they are so good.

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 9:12 am

That’s a lot of great additions! I’m going to have to get that shringasaurus and that salmon at some point

Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 9:16 am

Wonderful additions !
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 9:57 am

Wonderful Colorata fishes! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 10:16 am

Thank you everyone! 

Thank you for the info Roger! Who is the original artist of the knock offs? I am curious to see more of their work.  And you can expect a cobra dance soon (hopefully). Wink

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 10:29 am

Loovvely models, especially all those dogs and the little collie/ sheltie puppy! I love you
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 11:43 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you everyone! 

Thank you for the info Roger! Who is the original artist of the knock offs? I am curious to see more of their work.  And you can expect a cobra dance soon (hopefully). Wink

I hope you have a pungi to charm your cobras or it may result dangerous. affraid
The honey badger is from Edage, I have beautiful pangolin knock-offs from them too.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 2:19 pm

Lovely additions again especially the sets in the 1st photo and the Honey badger!

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 4:49 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Then I snagged 2 colorata boxes but the other is running late. These absolutely fintastic fish have arrived though and I am in love!

Perhaps less exciting to some but these are a mix of thrift and cheap chinamals. The tube of little guys below was snagged at a gas station on my recent foray into Wyoming as I HAD to have Tiny Wolf. The mandrill and cobra are quite nice also though.

the camels are very nice indeed! the smaller one looks to be around the 1/32nd scale Paige ?? They have a lot of details on them.

The fish are very nice. I really like that little thin sucker? fish the most.

The triceratops has a very lovely pose, with the mouth open eating ? I think :)

And the small grey wolf is a beauty!

Well done on your gathering work :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 9:35 am

Thank you everyone! And thank you Roger for the info. I had no idea! Its a great passionate honey badger. Wink

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 11:35 am

The mandrills look absolutely beautiful. Which brand are they?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 12:14 pm

They are Nayab/Wild Republic. We aren't really sure of the original manufacturer but those brands used the sculpt for the larger one. You can see here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope to share comparison topics on them soon since the smaller models of each pair appear to be undocumented.

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 10:15 am

Thanks a lot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 3:35 pm

This might turn out to be a longer post...
First up are purchases from Forum Friends and thrift stores and ebay.

From Loon I got the Papo Acrocanthosaurus and Pentaceratops for a very much appreciated discount compared to normal retail pricing. Very exciting new Paposaurs for my collection! I got to knock off the old Schleich Lippi stallion thanks to Bowheadwhale! Then I rebought the Colorata frog box to complete my set, the remaining models will be posted for trade/sale later on. I found a couple of old Safari horses for dirt cheap, replacing an old foal I foolishly traded when I first started here and netting me 2 additional old horses. And then the IC Komodo (probably will act as a stand in for a megalania sometimes) and chinamal Chinese goose came from a thrift store.

THANK YOU to Loon and Bowhead for your help!

Then, this last week my Mom and I traveled to Maine to visit some family. On a layover in Chicago I snagged the CollectA Trex from a booth for the Chicago Field Museum (marked up some 20$, but there was lots of signage explaining that they use funds for research and identifying new species). Then the Blip toys lioness will replace my beat up one (to be used for a custom project later) and the third musketeer horse to their pony offerings (both from Target). Then, the IC lobster, Yutyrranus, and Deinonychus alongside the puppies and kittens (only marked China but VERY WingMau reminiscent) were from a visit to a toy store. These models, alongside others, were photographed on my trip and you can see them here: https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t21842p100-saarlooswolfhound-s-outdoor-photography-maine-vacation-6-22-22-last-update

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 7:53 pm

Awesome new additions!! My friend got my the pentaceratops as a gift when it was released and its one of my favorite Papo dinos. I just love the paintwork on it! I have the original purple/orange Papo acrocanthosaurus but I like this coloration much more, I will have to get it at some point.

Very nice that you got the whole Colorata frogs set! I like that set a lot.

Congrats!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 8:16 pm

Nice additions, especially the tRex. cheers cheers

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 1:35 am

A really good selection of new additions! I think the Papo dinosaurs are my favourite, but the komodo dragon is very nice too.
I spent some time trying to work out what sort of frog was at the dragon's feet and why it was so completely round with no features...then I realised I'm looking at the base for the green frog Laughing Laughing

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 7:57 am

Nice treasures again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:24 am

Thank you everyone!

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 7:55 pm

congratulations on all those new additions! I really like the cute komodo dragon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25* - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated 8/25*
Page 9 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next