Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures

Go down 
+24
VASILIS
costicuba
jarda
SUSANNE
jtoddthree@gmail.com
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
aschuck
Tupolew Tu-154
George
Taos
spacelab
endogenylove
bmathison1972
Roger
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
Kikimalou
widukind
LukaLeon085
Duck-Anch-Amun
lucky luke
Loustic
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
jtoddthree@gmail.com

Country/State : Round Rock Texas

Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 7:06 pm

widukind wrote:
Sorry, but i believe Mojö will not be very successfully with figures of very common species.

Darn it
I’ve been wanting mojo to do a Jaguar in a growling pose that would be good for diorama
Also since they did some
Good antelope they should make a Naysaland wildebeest bull and an addax
Have you seen a Naysaland wildebeest before
They’re a subspecies of blue wildebeest with a white marking on their nose
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 8:25 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
he looks like he got busted doing something he wasn't supposed to. Either that or he got into the wrong batch of brownies...

lol!

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 8:26 pm

Really not my favorite model... can't put my finger on why yet though. 

jtoddthree, Mojo has told me in the past that they will never participate in sculpts that make animals look aggressive. Their goal is to present a tranquil realistic persona for each species so as not to perpetuate ideas of fear etc. on X species.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
jtoddthree@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 8:40 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

jtoddthree, Mojo has told me in the past that they will never participate in sculpts that make animals look aggressive. Their goal is to present a tranquil realistic persona for each species so as not to perpetuate ideas of fear etc. on X species.

How about a Jaguar stalking or a resting one
For wildebeest bull I like to see
A walking pose
Back to top Go down
jtoddthree@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 9:04 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

But will a Nyasaland wildebeest be good for
mojo fun
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 10:05 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
ojo has told me in the past that they will never participate in sculpts that make animals look aggressive. Their goal is to present a tranquil realistic persona for each species so as not to perpetuate ideas of fear etc. on X species.

Interesting!
Back to top Go down
jtoddthree@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 10:24 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
ojo has told me in the past that they will never participate in sculpts that make animals look aggressive. Their goal is to present a tranquil realistic persona for each species so as not to perpetuate ideas of fear etc. on X species.

Interesting!
So the naysaland wildebeest is the largest subspecies of blue wildebeest found in south east Africa and mostly is known for that white marking on its face

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 11:06 pm

jtoddthree@gmail.com wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Interesting!
So the naysaland wildebeest is the largest subspecies of blue wildebeest found in south east Africa and mostly is known for that white marking on its face

I was told the same about Mojö Fun designs. When CollectA started with their 2nd generation models featuring agressive postures like the lions or tigers, Mojö replied with graceful walking felines, hippo with closed mouth, rhino in a peaceful stance, etc. One of the few rare agressive models is the Tasmanian devil but it is not a Mojö design but Southlands instead.
I was also told a long time ago that Mojö had a wildebeest on their worktable. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 11:09 pm

[quote="Roger"]
jtoddthree@gmail.com wrote:
rogerpgvg wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Interesting!

I was told the same about Mojö Fun designs. When CollectA started with their 2nd generation models featuring agressive postures like the lions or tigers, Mojö replied with graceful walking felines, hippo with closed mouth, rhino in a peaceful stance, etc. One of the few rare agressive models is the Tasmanian devil but it is not a Mojö design but Southlands instead.
I was also told a long time ago that Mojö had a wildebeest on their worktable. Laughing [/quote
What happens to the Mojo fun wildebeest

Now that’s something I learned about mojo fun
But still would a naysaland wildebeest be good for Mojo fun

Last edited by jtoddthree@gmail.com on Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2023 11:12 pm

Something is off about this orangutan’s face….he looks too human and not orangutan enough!

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 2:36 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Interesting!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 4:58 am

I think for me what is off putting are his eyes. Too much of the white (the sclera) is showing, when in most apes besides humans you rarely see unless they are looking at an extreme angle without turning their heads. Not unlikely to see this of course, but not the norm when looking at a great ape usually.
Here is a close up of the model as is. I can't see an iris either, just one big dark pupil and the sclera.
Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 Screenshot-20230105-195258-Chrome

A really low tech edit on my phone (arguably NOT great, but I am just trying to provide an example of what I feel may work better aesthetically). Don't look too closely.  Laughing Palmface What a Face
Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 20230105-194703

and an example of a male orang where you CAN see quite a bit of his eye sclera.
Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 Screenshot-20230105-195352-Gallery

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
jtoddthree@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 5:02 am

I can see that mojo orangutan the eyes kinda look too realistic
Back to top Go down
jtoddthree@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 5:02 am

When did Mojo fun made a wildebeest
What happened to it?
I hope mojo fun reveals a new one
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 6:30 pm

No new figure for today?
Back to top Go down
jtoddthree@gmail.com

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2023 6:44 pm

jarda wrote:
No new figure for today?
That’s a bummer
Will there be one tomorrow or sometime next week
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 4:20 am

Paige, you are right about the eyes, good point :)

I think the main problem of the face to look strange , is that the nose is too close to the eyes.
If we look the real photo, which Paige showed, we can see the space between the nose and eyes is much longer.
I really hope, that on the Mojo model, this is just because of the angle of the photo... but who knows...
Other than that, like Roger said, this model for sure has some charisma and I will welcome it in my collection with pleasure :)

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 1:12 pm

I think the orangutan has charm and personality and I can't wait to add it to my other monkeys monkey monkey monkey monkey monkey

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 4:20 pm

Today the animal is the..

Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 20230114
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 4:27 pm

LukaLeon085 wrote:

I was not sure with addition Schleich aardvark to my collection... The old Safari Ltd one was IMHO better. Now I am happy for not to buy Schleich one, I like this Mojo one much better - first Mojo figure from the 2023 range to be added to my collection :) cheers
Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 4:39 pm

jarda wrote:
LukaLeon085 wrote:

I was not sure with addition Schleich aardvark to my collection... The old Safari Ltd one was IMHO better. Now I am happy for not to buy Schleich one, I like this Mojo one much better - first Mojo figure from the 2023 range to be added to my collection :) cheers

I love him!!!!! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Bravo mojo!!!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 4:41 pm

Somehow similar to the Safari model but smaller in size, which is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 4:48 pm

Love this aardvark!! Definitely added to my list this year, great job Mojo! cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 5:20 pm

Very nice aardvark; I'd consider it, but I already have Safari's

Mojo's releases seen much better this year than as of late, just nothing I can use (yet)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 07, 2023 5:31 pm

I really love this one. It seems really very good. I'm very excited, my body is trembling. Laughing I'll get the Schleich of course but this one looks so much better. cheers

PostSubject: Re: Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures   Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojö Fun 2023 Releases complete with pictures
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next