Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou

Go down 
+3
sunny
widukind
Taos
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou Empty
PostSubject: All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou   All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 5:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For an animal that you hardly ever see in a zoo-I think I have only seen them in 1 zoo-they are really popular as models!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou   All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou EmptyWed Sep 13, 2023 7:55 pm

Interesting, especially with different subspecies

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou   All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 2:50 am

again what a wonderful collection Taylor! and so many I've never seen before!!

I think the huge antlers on the moose make it such a favourite to have as a toy.

Maybe moose don't keep well in zoos?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou   All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 5:48 am

SUPERB! I am a bit jealous of the AAA bull, and am unfamilair with a few models... will be back with questions!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], moose have been notoriously difficult to keep in caltivity. It is one of the species that actually better in the wild than as a domestic. I know of at least one place that has the. for public display/care but they are animals unable to rehabilitate.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou   All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 7:05 pm

Wonderful figures, Taylor! :)

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou   All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 7:26 pm

A great flock of models!
They are really impressive animals and I didn't know that they are hard to keep in zoos. I remember seeing some reindeer in a German zoo.
And I also didn't know that the Safari reindeer is so small in comparison to the one from Papo... Now I need to rethink my future collection acquisitions.
I would love to see more Wapitis in the future. I just have the feeling that they are greatly underrepresented.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou   All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 8:03 pm

I'm back. Wink

What brand is the bull moose pic 2 back center of the row? And the large bull in the back on the left and the bu and cow pair in the center of pic 3? Then the reddish one in front of the first reindeer pic? And the dark one with red antlers on pic 2 of reindeer?

I wish american elk were better represented. I dream for a cow and calf someday!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou   All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 10:31 pm

Thanks again friends. Smile
Didn't realise that Moose/Elk were so difficult to keep in captivity
Paige to answer your queries
Picture 2-this is copy of the Preiser Moose which is the dark model in Picture 3
The Moose bull and cow in picture 3 are Marolin
Reddish Reindeer in Picture 1 is Club Earth
Dark Reindeer with red antlers in Picture 2 is Anai/Tomy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou   All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 2:12 pm

You have a very impressive nordic antlers collection Taylor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou   All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 3:42 pm

Thank you. Smile

PostSubject: Re: All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou   All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou Empty

Back to top Go down

All my Moose and Reindeer/Caribou
Page 1 of 1