Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+25
AlienMantis
lucky luke
Leoo Past
Shanti
durzon
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
Babdo
75senta75
Saarlooswolfhound
jarda
Taos
Virtem
Joliezac
Roger
bmathison1972
Jill
Balaenoptera
landrover
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
widukind
Chris Sweetman
sunny
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Magofu

Magofu

Country/State : España

Brand Identification topic - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 7:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Magofu

Magofu

Country/State : España

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2024 7:35 pm

Any information about the symbol?
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2024 6:20 pm

Plastic, lenght: 4 cm + or -
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 6:30 pm

Nice unknown figure

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2024 6:44 pm

Magofu, I don't know the symbol, but the characters at the bottom are Japanese katakana. Unfortunately, I am no good reading them. You might be able to figure it out with the tables in Wikipedia.

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 12:49 am

Hello,
I found a little white fox which looks like the bigger fox of SCHLEICH.
Have anybody an idea. Benno.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 10:37 am

That's from the National Geographic Morphing Matter Arctic Adventure set. Here is mine, also a gift from Kosta. Wink
You can see the whole set [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 5:14 pm

Some time ago I sent pictures of this wildebeest and this impala. Now that I am organizing my boxes I am sending you pictures as they came. Obviously it is a set made by a collector but maybe, because of the figures it contains, you can find the brand of the wildebeest and impala.

In my opinion they are clearly from Hausser Elastolin (same series as the monkeys and tigers in the box). The thing is, they don't appear in any catalog, I've never seen them before, but the material, texture, color and character lead me to Hausser yes or yes. I am hopeful that someone has seen them before and can give some clue. Although I think they are prototypes, perhaps other African animals were billed.

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 7:03 pm

interesting that the homemade box has a single Britains in it - the eagle.

And the illustrations and writing are from Britains advertising.

What make is the peacock?
and can you take a clearer photo of it? side on, and front?
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 7:19 pm

The peacock (and the brown bear cubs) are Hausser Elastolin 1:25 scale (hard plastic)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2024 7:55 pm

I'm sorry I still can't help scratch
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 12:59 am

I couldn't see this wolf? on wiki

Do you have any ideas what brand/make it is? It is around 1/32nd scale
Thank you

beside Britains size ducks/geese
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 1:08 am

sunny wrote:
I couldn't see this wolf? on wiki

Do you have any ideas what brand/make it is? It is around 1/32nd scale
Thank you

beside Britains size ducks/geese

GI-JOE. There is also a lynx/bobcat, a python and a vulture that accompanied the GI-Joe soldiers.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2024 1:58 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
sunny wrote:

GI-JOE. There is also a lynx/bobcat, a python and a vulture that accompanied the GI-Joe soldiers.

thank you Ricardo
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 12:31 am

bear

and soft bendyish owl
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 1:31 am

The bear is a AAA sculpt- is there no stamp? No idea on the owl.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 2:01 am

thank you Paige, no stamp at all
and very bright blue eyes - is that normal?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 2:21 am

For a AAA its possible. This would be a copy though if there is no stamp. But I find it a very charming sculpt.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 10:27 pm

Annette, I think Paige is right. AAA, more than a brand, is a manufacturer. So, they produced their figures for many brands and sometimes, the custommer company, used to want AAA to remove their logo. A known example is this series from Wild Republic. Most of these figures were manufactured by AAA but they don't have the AAA logo. You can see te same figure, in black, in this 2004 Wild Republic Catalogue page.

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 11:03 pm

Thank you Paige!

and thank you Roger!
that has cleared up some confusion for me.

I didn't realise that there was this difference between a brand and the same company manufacturing/producing it -also selling off these same models to other brands to then sell.

How confusing it can be Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 17, 2024 11:31 pm

sunny wrote:
Thank you Paige!

and thank you Roger!

I didn't realise that there was this difference between a brand and the same company manufacturing/producing it -also selling off these same models to other brands to then sell.

Laughing Yes, it is absolutely confusing, especially when you are editing on TAW. So, we decided to list all AAA figures as AAA, even when we know the brand that sold them. First, we would never find the real brand in more than 90% of the figures and listing them under all brands could result very repetitive. Since I edit on TAW I have already seen AAA figures sold by Schleich, Bullyland, Safari Ltd, Mamejo Nature, Ravensden, Yolanda, Wild Republic, ELC and a few others I can't remember. It is the same with Nayab so we started listing Nayab as Nayab. Laughing Ironically, we can see the AAA figures on the Nayabe official website and it was said Nayab bought the AAA moulds. Though, the best topics to see how confuse it is are @Jill's topics. Jill is perfect to help us to solve some misteries but she is even better puzzling us. Laughing affraid

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 18, 2024 12:37 am

Roger wrote:
sunny wrote:
Thank you Paige!

and thank you Roger!

Laughing Yes, it is absolutely confusing, especially when you are editing on TAW. So, we decided to list all AAA figures as AAA, even when we know the brand that sold them. First, we would never find the real brand in more than 90% of the figures and listing them under all brands could result very repetitive. Since I edit on TAW I have already seen AAA figures sold by Schleich, Bullyland, Safari Ltd, Mamejo Nature, Ravensden, Yolanda, Wild Republic, ELC and a few others I can't remember. It is the same with Nayab so we started listing Nayab as Nayab. Laughing Ironically, we can see the AAA figures on the Nayabe official website and it was said Nayab bought the AAA moulds. Though, the best topics to see how confuse it is are @Jill's topics. Jill is perfect to help us to solve some misteries but she is even better puzzling us.  Laughing affraid

Goodness me AAA figures are sold by Schleich? and all those others?? haha, that's funny because I thought that some of those companies had their own 'style' but if they are just using AAA models (which I have found to be very soft-lined and unrealistic) then it's just a quagmire What a Face Shocked

I knew the situation with Nayab and all the chinamal type figures, because some are 1/32nd scale and I would come across them often, but I had no idea it extended to the larger model brands.

I suppose I have been shielded from all this proliferation by Britains 'exclusivity'! - I thought brands would (want to ) protect their 'uniqueness' but it doesn't seem to the case.
When Britains went downhill I saw how cheap and rubbishy their figure production became - cheaper and worse quality plastics being used, models not as detailed and lacking so much compared to the original plastic models produced, and paint, or lack of - never improved a worsening product. The plastic snapping easily was such a put off! and then it was easy to recognize that I liked only their earlier models the best.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 18, 2024 9:08 am

sunny wrote:
Roger wrote:
sunny wrote:
Thank you Paige!

and thank you Roger!

Laughing Yes, it is absolutely confusing, especially when you are editing on TAW. So, we decided to list all AAA figures as AAA, even when we know the brand that sold them. First, we would never find the real brand in more than 90% of the figures and listing them under all brands could result very repetitive. Since I edit on TAW I have already seen AAA figures sold by Schleich, Bullyland, Safari Ltd, Mamejo Nature, Ravensden, Yolanda, Wild Republic, ELC and a few others I can't remember. It is the same with Nayab so we started listing Nayab as Nayab. Laughing Ironically, we can see the AAA figures on the Nayabe official website and it was said Nayab bought the AAA moulds. Though, the best topics to see how confuse it is are @Jill's topics. Jill is perfect to help us to solve some misteries but she is even better puzzling us.  Laughing affraid

Goodness me AAA figures are sold by Schleich? and all those others?? haha, that's funny because I thought that some of those companies had their own 'style' but if they are just using AAA models (which I have found to be very soft-lined and unrealistic) then it's just a quagmire What a Face Shocked

I knew the situation with Nayab and all the chinamal type figures, because some are 1/32nd scale and I would come across them often, but I had no idea it extended to the larger model brands.

I suppose I have been shielded from all this proliferation by Britains 'exclusivity'! - I thought brands would (want to ) protect their 'uniqueness' but it doesn't seem to the case.
When Britains went downhill I saw how cheap and rubbishy their figure production became - cheaper and worse quality plastics being used, models not as detailed and lacking so much compared to the original plastic models produced, and paint, or lack of - never improved a worsening product. The plastic snapping easily was such a put off! and then it was easy to recognize that I liked only their earlier models the best.

Actually, major brands haven't been selling AAA figures for several decades. They did so in the earlier stages of their companies when it was much more economical to diversify the brand's range by selling AAA products rather than investing in new molds produced by themselves. In the case of Safari Ltd., they sold AAA Farm figures, allowing them to study market reactions before deciding to manufacture their own Farm figures. In the case of Schleich, they sold, for example, marine figures, whose market is very volatile and unpredictable. So, if it failed, the loss would be minimal. For smaller brands or those with less focus on the theme, AAA figures effectively made up the entire range. This is the case of Ravensden, Yolanda, or Mamejo Nature, the latter being responsible for most of the new AAA figures we find on the North American market.

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 18, 2024 5:48 pm

Roger wrote:

Actually, major brands haven't been selling AAA figures for several decades. They did so in the earlier stages of their companies when it was much more economical to diversify the brand's range by selling AAA products rather than investing in new molds produced by themselves. In the case of Safari Ltd., they sold AAA Farm figures, allowing them to study market reactions before deciding to manufacture their own Farm figures. In the case of Schleich, they sold, for example, marine figures, whose market is very volatile and unpredictable. So, if it failed, the loss would be minimal. For smaller brands or those with less focus on the theme, AAA figures effectively made up the entire range. This is the case of Ravensden, Yolanda, or Mamejo Nature, the latter being responsible for most of the new AAA figures we find on the North American market.

ah okay, then there is quite a lot of history to all this!
and very understandable, from a marketing perspective about seeing how the figures sell.
Interesting, thank you Roger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13