Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!

Go down 
+20
Katy Leven
Toymany-kenc
Ana
MartinH
sunny
Tupolew Tu-154
Bowhead Whale
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Sergey
Nasreddin
Jill
Saien
landrover
Roger
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2024 6:13 am

My Parents have a walking one,but the size could be the same Wink Crocodile Crocodile

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2024 5:32 pm

Oh nice Andreas! When my older dog passes, I'd like to get my Mom a yorkie as she likes them so much. The dog she bonded so closely with and was my childhood dog, a maltipoo named Pippen, never got bigger than 5 lbs. She loved him so much, so I think a Yorkie will be a great fit for her when the time is right.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 3:22 am

Ok, I figured after one of the smallest breeds we may as well tackle one of the largest. Great danes are often what first comes to mind for many people.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Firstly, they are very large! Standing at about 32 inches tall at the shoulder, but can be as tall or taller than a man when standing on two legs. They also can weigh as much as a person- at about 175 lbs when full grown. This breed was originally created in Germany (despite the name) in the 1800s for hunting wild boar. Despite their large size, they are often gentle enough to play with kids and have a calm demeanor. They are often pretty low energy, but in order to stay fit they should have 2-3 hours if activity a day. They unfortunately are very short-lived; they often only live 5-8 years maximum. "Just Nuisance" was a dane who was enlisted in the Royal Navy on the HMS Afrikander between 1939-1955 at the age of 7. He got his name because he was a large even for a great dane and would sleep on the gangplank, making it difficult for people to board and disembark. He never went to sea and never fought any battles, he primarily was a morale booster for any troops that got to be around him.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 6:48 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MoeHe

MoeHe

Country/State : Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2024 1:21 pm

Great collection of great danes you have. Very Happy

I really like the spoted one with ears up in the second row on the right from Chap Mei. Thank you for sharing. Smile

To keep up with my collection, I would recommend the following topics.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I regularly present my new releases and my opinion on them there.

Feel free to leave your comments. :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2024 1:37 am

Thank you both!

Just a quick question for anyone who pops in here; over on the ATF there seems to be an issue with some members who can't see the image. I usually post here and then copy/paste the same over there.

Does anyone have any trouble seeing the image of the great danes or any other photos from recently?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2024 5:34 am

Next up our first cat group- Persians!
The origins if this breed is unknown, but they were first imported to Europe from Persia in the 1600s- hence their name. They also may be called the Shiraz cat, or the Iranian cat. This cat has two types- the "doll face" is the traditional look for this look, but the much more recent and popular brachycephalic (meaning it has a shortened nose/smooshed face) type developed from a batch of kittens born in the 1950s. This condition can cause some health issues for animals; in this case this type of Persian can have difficulty cooling off their bodies, dental concerns, and sometimes breathing concerns. They come in nearly any color you fancy- but be aware their coat does require some attention to keep the animal healthy. One of the reasons they are so popular (especially historically with aristocracy and other famous people) is they are very relaxed and low energy cats; they don't require much excercise, they often just "hang out" in the same spot for hours at a time, and don't have the off-putting habits of other cats to claw furniture or people.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2024 6:32 am

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptySat Sep 21, 2024 5:59 am

Thank you Andreas. :)

Beagles!
This breed is very old- so old that the exact origins and development are unknown for certain. They must have come from small hounds and probably from the UK. The earliest instances of these dogs state that they were essentially "pocket sized"- only getting to be about 9 inches at the shoulder or smaller to make them easier to handle and transport for hunts (today most beagles are bigger than this, but are still considered a small breed). They have an incredible nose that houses some 220 million scent receptors- this scent organ will often lead a beagle on a merry tracking chase where the dog will get itself lost. They come in lots of colors but are most often the tricolor of many other popular hound breeds. They have a white tipped tail thought to help lead hunters after them in the brush. Their big floppy ears shift to hang down their nose when they put their head down to scent- this helps waft and isolate the scent around their nose. They are a social breed having been bred to live with a pack of similar dogs and are very vocal as well; barking, baying, and howling at a moment's notice and for no particular reason. But overall they have a very sweet demeanor and are great with kids.

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptySat Sep 21, 2024 9:31 am

The beagle with newspaper is funny! The triple colours make the display of this breed very lively.

Interesting to read about Persian cats. I'd love to have a cat, but my lifestyle makes it impossible, but who knows, perhaps in the future that may change. A cat that doesn't destroy my furniture would be ideal; I didn't know this was a characteristic of Persians.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 6:04 am

Thanks Roger, I enjoyed learning about the Persians too as I found out lots of new information about them.

Dalmatians!
This is one of the *the* most recognizable breeds out there; just like the beagle, it is ancient and has unknown origins. We know that it is European, dates at least as far back as Egyptian depictions of them, and that they once had a stronghold in Dalmatia, Austria (where they get their names). Historically, they are a diversely useful dog- often depicted "coaching" (running a short way in front of horse drawn coaches to clear the road of crowds), ratting, hunting, and other athletic pursuits. The gene that is responsible for their unique piebald spotted coat unfortunately also is connected to blindess and deafness; about 15-30% of the breed suffers from this and other ailments. All puppies are born completely white and will develop their unique (like a fingerprint) spots within a few days- weeks of life. This is a very active breed and if it doesn't get its mind and body worked regularly- it *will* find trouble to occupy itself instead! The "accepted" look of this breed is a white dog with black spots- but there are dalmatians of different spot color such as blue or lemon, and even long coated dalmatians!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 6:52 am

I'm even more ignorant about dogs than horses, your posts improve my meagre knowledge. 🤗
It's a sad story that the Dalmatians have such a huge genetic defect, I'll never watch Walt Disney in the same way again!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 11:51 am

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 2:51 pm

Poitou donkeys are really adorable! And Mules are as well.
I really like the Escoyota Yorkshire puppies even though they are relatively big in comparison to the Schleich adult. Papo's and Safari's black great Danes are probably my favourite from this group and I never thought that Dalmatians exist for so long!
Unfortunately many colour genes come with certain health issues for the animals which is really sad.
Back to top Go down
MoeHe

MoeHe

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptySun Sep 22, 2024 9:13 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thanks Roger, I enjoyed learning about the Persians too as I found out lots of new information about them.

Dalmatians!
This is one of the *the* most recognizable breeds out there; just like the beagle, it is ancient and has unknown origins. We know that it is European, dates at least as far back as Egyptian depictions of them, and that they once had a stronghold in Dalmatia, Austria (where they get their names). Historically, they are a diversely useful dog- often depicted "coaching" (running a short way in front of horse drawn coaches to clear the road of crowds), ratting, hunting, and other athletic pursuits. The gene that is responsible for their unique piebald spotted coat unfortunately also is connected to blindess and deafness; about 15-30% of the breed suffers from this and other ailments. All puppies are born completely white and will develop their unique (like a fingerprint) spots within a few days- weeks of life. This is a very active breed and if it doesn't get its mind and body worked regularly- it *will* find trouble to occupy itself instead! The "accepted" look of this breed is a white dog with black spots- but there are dalmatians of different spot color such as blue or lemon, and even long coated dalmatians!

Great dalmatians Applause cheers
Great picture and backup information as always.

Hope you get one day one hundret and one Laughing Laughing Laughing
You should get the Bullyland Cruella De Vil, she would look great next to the dogs Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2024 6:15 am

Thank you everyone!

Snowshoe- The breed was developed by crossing American shorthairs with the "old type" Siamese and  Oriental shorthairs, it was recognized in the 1960s. They get their name from their white feet; they are born white and develop their color points and blue eyes over the course of 3 weeks. They are very smart and energetic, often bonding with one member of the family closely.

Turkish angora- They are named after the capital in Turkey (now known as Ankara). This long haired cat enjoys high perches like the top of the refrigerator or standing on your shoulders. They are very outgoing, talkative, and expressive.

munchkin- this cat was developed over a gene that makes the long bones (in the limbs such as the humerus and femur) grow much shorter than they do normally. Unfortunately, the breed also suffers from other health concerns such as arthritis, spine and joint issues, and hyperthyroidism. They are still playful and energetic, but have some difficulty reaching higher spots as other breeds can.

burmese- often described as "bricks wrapped in silk", this is a deceptively muscled cat. Developed in the early 1900s in the US this breed comes from an actually Burmese born cat with dark fur being crossed to American born siamese cats- the breed was recognized in 1979. Since, their popularity has helped them be involved in developing other breeds like the bombay. This cat is playful and energetic, but has very little in the way of survival instincts and its reccomended to keep them as indoor only pets.

bombay- this breed was created in 1965 in the US and was intended to look like a mini black panther. Often called a "velcro cat" they become very attached to their owners and anything they are doing. Another intelligent and athletic breed, they will find the warmest and nicest spots to sleep- often on top of their owner. This cat is also entirely black; nose, paw pads, everything except for their eyes.

balinese- this breed got its start in the 1940s in California and is truly just a longhaired siamese. There just so happened to be a spontaneous occurence of long haired kittens in a litter.  Like the short haired siamese, they are very playful, social, and do best in a house with a family/kids to help keep them busy.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2024 6:54 am

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2024 7:45 am

I'll never understand why breeds like the Munchkin are encouraged. This genetic variation would doom the animal in the wild. They may be cute but they have major health problems. Why inflict that on an animal you claim to love?

I'm sorry I'm not very positive Sad
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2024 10:33 pm

I have loved following all your horses! Your fjords and przewalskis are special favorites, but all are really great selections. And really love seeing all the donkey figures, especially the Poitou, it's very cool that they have models for this breed. Is the provence donkey on the top row on the far left a custom? It's so realistic, I love it!

Excited for the cats and dogs, too. Applause It's fun to see the species I really like to collect represented in a different collection, by so many models I don't have. I just my Eyscota cats today, and I love them so much. Love the Dalmatian picture. One of my favorite novels is the original Hundred and One Dalmatians, represented well here. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2024 3:34 am

@Kiki, I 100% agree. No animal should be purposefully bred to endure such unhealthy conditions outside their own control. Unfortunately, this is the category of my collection that presents many of these poorly conceived breeds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I am so glad so many, including you, enjoyed the horse segment. The provence donkey you mention, I think you mean the Papo? That's the original finish, not a custom. But it is really lovely! The Eyscota cats are must haves for a pet lover. And I haven't ever read the book, I might need to find myself a copy now!

Labradors!

Originally bred to retrieve cod fish that had escaped fisherman, and to help bring in nets. They have a very clearly defined double coat; one with stiff gaurd hairs that are weather proof, and a warm soft hair layer that insulates their body heat. This breed comes in nearly any color from yellow, chocolate, and black. Given their working heritage and intelligence, this breed benefits from having a job. Whether it be a sea going retriever, a hunter's companion, a service dog for the disabled, or just one who gets a lot of active play, they are an incredibly populat breed (especially in the US).

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2024 10:01 am

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2024 8:53 pm

The equine page is now live!

Back to top Go down
MoeHe

MoeHe

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyTue Sep 24, 2024 11:57 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
The equine page is now live!

Great website Applause

It is nice how you built it up.
Would love it even more if you wrote the same backround informations to your collections as you did here in your topic. Smile
Your backround informations are nice facts to read when looking at the figures.Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2024 3:32 am

Thank you Moehe. For the time being I won't be including any facts on the site as the focus is for the collection itself. But that might be something added someday!

Dachshund!

The breed name is german for "badger dog", and that is exactly what they were bred to do- hunt badgers. Their short stature, muscular torso, and fierce spirit were all designed to help the little dog go down badger burrows and go nose to nose with this fierce forest animal. The have kept their very houndlike features such as their strong sense of smell and tracking as well as their vocal nature where they bark at intruders or anytime they are excited by something. They come in lots of colors and 3 coat types; the smooth haired has short and soft hairs (this is the original type), the long haired type has long and silky hair thought to be originally bred to withstand cold temperatures, the last type is the wire haired with stiff prickly hair thought to help it pursue prey through briars and thickets safely. Again, because of the dramatization of their proportions over the years, this breed now has several health issues to take into concern (many of them involving their spine or stunted legs).

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2024 6:14 am

So many nice dackel

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies! - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Huskies!
Page 22 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next