Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Britains shades..

Go down 
+2
sunny
Caracal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. EmptySun May 19, 2024 6:21 pm

on leopards:

Britains shades.. P2680049Britains shades.. P2680050Britains shades.. P2680010

Last edited by Caracal on Mon May 20, 2024 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 5:19 am

wonderful Alain! This just makes me want to go thru my boxes and get all my leopards out to compare the differences in them.
Do some of yours have a white underbelly that I can just make out? The 2 on the right and the 3rd on the left?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 3:41 pm

study

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. EmptyMon May 20, 2024 9:03 pm

You have the Britains panthers in more shades than I have! I think there are three main variants. The oldest leopard was fully painted (no bare plastic). It was made in polythene first and then in PVC. The second version had bare plastic and only the spots were painted using a mould. The spots were closed spots. The final version also had bare plastic, but now the spots were stamped onto it and they were open spots/circles. Do all of your panthers fit into these three categories or do you have others?

Caracal

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. EmptyTue May 21, 2024 8:15 pm

Many thanks to you  three Annette, Andreas and Roger! Very Happy

Here some pictures more. I think all my panthers fit into these three categories:

Britains shades.. P2730166Britains shades.. P2730165

.. four into the first one, only one into the second one and two into the third one.

Annette, as you can see, all have a white belly! 

I like a lot the panthers of the first categorie! :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. EmptyTue May 21, 2024 9:26 pm

The second version is indeed the rarest, I think almost as rare as the black panther.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. EmptyTue May 21, 2024 9:49 pm

Great to see all the Leopards cheers cheers ,they are among my favourites.I have 2 of the ones in the second and third group and the black panther!

Caracal

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. EmptyTue May 21, 2024 11:40 pm

Thank you Roger and Taylor! :)

The second version is maybe rare but not as beautiful as the previous ones according to me! :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm

I agree. Britains simplified their painting in later years to cut costs. However, a disadvantage of the earlier model was that it lost its paint quite easily and could become quite ugly. This happened to my panther when I was a child. I then decided I should paint it into a black panther, but I never finished the job. Typical, I still don't finish painting models as an adult!

sunny

Country/State : uk

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. EmptyThu May 23, 2024 11:03 pm

thank you for the underside photos Alain. They all have white bellys! Most of mine don't, all worn off.

Did the 2nd one only run for a short time Roger?

I don't know if I have any of this type. I will have to gather up the leopards to check.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. EmptyFri May 24, 2024 5:31 pm

It's a bit hard to tell from the catalogues, but I think the panther with open spots was introduced in 1980. I have the rarer panther with closed spots but unpainted body in a box from 1977. It may have been introduced that year, but that's just a guess.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. EmptyFri May 24, 2024 5:48 pm

Impressive collection and impressive knowledge. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Britains shades.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains shades..   Britains shades.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Britains shades..
Page 1 of 1