Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
+6
Kikimalou
Roger
MartinH
widukind
Nasreddin
Joliezac
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 29, 2024 4:15 am

My final 2024 CollectA figure! The anteater cheers

I already have a couple of anteaters, but I couldn't resist one from CollectA, so here it is!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Really love this anteater! It's painted very well and face and mouth is very detailed despite how small and slim it is. The hands and feet are also painted and look great. I think the tail should've been a bit bigger and shaggier but it looks better than the promotional image in my opinion.

Comparisons!

I think I still favor Safari's. And while Papo's tail I like more, I really like how slim the CollectA's head is. They both look great together though.

With the major brands, Safari, Papo, & Schleich

With Safari's (my favorite)

With Papo, I think it pairs the best with this one

Old Schleich (please pardon mine's appearance)

Mojo tamandua & Kaiyodo anteater

South American friends: Safari jaguar, CollectA capybara, & CollectA Baird's tapir

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Nasreddin

Nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 29, 2024 6:42 am

I really enjoy the way you compare figurines 🌹
Don't you have Schleich 2021 anteater?
I think it's bigger than CollectA
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 29, 2024 8:16 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 29, 2024 8:25 am

Thank you again! This post is awesome and now I´m sure I need one in my collection. Really great model :)

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 29, 2024 3:00 pm

Wonderful figure! I'm really happy about what your presentation shows. The pose is really cool as we can see on your 5th picture. I think the tail is fine and I enjoy it works nicely with the Papo model. I find some similarities in concept between this anteater and the ibex of the same brand. Accurate but with a showy pose.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 29, 2024 4:58 pm

Thank you Jolie for this great topic, Your photos confirm my interest in this model, CollectA offers us a very well made anteater, almost classic, but with a pose that sets it apart from the others. I can't wait to have it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 29, 2024 9:57 pm

Thank you for this beautiful and useful walkaround! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed May 29, 2024 11:49 pm

Nasreddin wrote:
I really enjoy the way you compare figurines 🌹
Don't you have Schleich 2021 anteater?
I think it's bigger than CollectA

No I never got the new Schleich one. I wasn't a big fan of it. But I've seen it in person and it is definitely the largest one.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptySun Jun 23, 2024 8:39 pm

Beautiful model, thank you for this walkaround! Applause

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jun 24, 2024 6:10 am

How a good and informative comparison. Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 3:36 pm

Initial promotional images led me to believe that the CollectA Anteater had cartoonish proportions with too short a snout and body. Seems like that is not the case!

This sculpt displays better understanding of Anteater anatomy than the Mojo (short snout), Papo (long legs), and Schleich (gangly neck) versions. The only ones that are superior to it IMO are the Kaiyodo Wild Rush and of course the retired Safari.

Can anyone more knowledgable weigh in on if the CollectA sculpt's snout is too short or just right? Safari's figure *feels* like it has a longer narrower snout, true to the real animal.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 4:35 pm

FlaffyRaptors wrote:
Initial promotional images led me to believe that the CollectA Anteater had cartoonish proportions with too short a snout and body. Seems like that is not the case!

This sculpt displays better understanding of Anteater anatomy than the Mojo (short snout), Papo (long legs), and Schleich (gangly neck) versions. The only ones that are superior to it IMO are the Kaiyodo Wild Rush and of course the retired Safari.

Can anyone more knowledgable weigh in on if the CollectA sculpt's snout is too short or just right? Safari's figure *feels* like it has a longer narrower snout, true to the real animal.

Well, for a 1/15 Giant anteater, the CollectA's head is around 30cm, which is the standart of the species. It's the same for the Mojo which, at 1/12 has the smallest head with 27,8cm. Papo (1/15) and Safari Ltd (1/12) have a bit too long head at 35cm for Papo and 36cm for Safari Ltd.

I love my old Safari Ltd but sincerely she isn't as detailed as the new CollectA or even Mojo.

I said that I would make a Mojo walkaround but I think I will make a comparison topic between CollectA, Mojo, Papo and Safari Ltd.
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyMon Jul 08, 2024 8:11 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I said that I would make a Mojo walkaround but I think I will make a comparison topic between CollectA, Mojo, Papo and Safari Ltd.

That would be great! cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Jul 10, 2024 8:04 pm

Saien wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

That would be great! cheers

The job is done [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons   2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2024 CollectA Anteater Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1