Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strange-looking gaur

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeglil

Aeglil

Country/State : Toulouse, France

Strange-looking gaur Empty
PostSubject: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 5:35 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm considering purchasing a Mojö Fun gaur Bull.
I.found one offer on eBay, thé figure looks like a Mojö but quite odd, as if It was a bootleg version. The body doesn't seem to be very detailed and sharp.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It has nontheless a label wrapped around its hindleg, but It doesn't look like an official logo from Mojö At least, the add says it's a Mojö product.

Do you know if the same mold was used by other less-known toy companies ?
For example, I know the Maia & Borges mold for the sperm whale was successfully used by Schleich, Papo and another brand (can't remember which one)

Here another picture of a licensed Mojö product for comparison.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 5:45 pm

Very often the promotional pics are misleading, especially for Mojo. Here is my Gaur:

Animal Ark Website
Animal Figure Photography Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Aeglil

Aeglil

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 6:07 pm

Nice photo.

But do you think the gaur on the picture above is a bootleg figure or released by a minor or unknown brand using the same mold?
Even the horns don't look very sharp.

Is the first figurine a Mojö?

Last edited by Aeglil on Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 6:45 pm

Aeglil wrote:
Nice photo.

But do you think the gaur on the picture above is a bootleg figure or released by a minor or unknown brand using thé same mold?

No I don't think it is a bootleg, the horns on mine aren't sharp, like I said promotional images are very different. But if you are really concerned, I would suggest buying it new from online shops, it is not discontinued so it is easy to find.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 6:47 pm

Aeglil wrote:
Nice photo.

But do you think the gaur on the picture above is a bootleg figure or released by a minor or unknown brand using thé same mold?

IMHO it isn't a Mojo but one more knock-off
Back to top Go down
Aeglil

Aeglil

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 6:56 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Aeglil wrote:
Nice photo.

IMHO it isn't a Mojo but one more knock-off

What brand would it be, then ?
Back to top Go down
Aeglil

Aeglil

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 6:59 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Aeglil wrote:
Nice photo.

No I don't think it is a bootleg, the horns on mine aren't sharp, like I said promotional images are very different. But if you are really concerned, I would suggest buying it new from online shops, it is not discontinued so it is easy to find.

It's sold out everywhere. It's getting hard to find one.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 7:24 pm

Aeglil wrote:
Joliezac wrote:
Aeglil wrote:
Nice photo.

Not sure if they ship to France but it is available here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 8:29 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Aeglil wrote:
Joliezac wrote:
Aeglil wrote:
Nice photo.

Not sure if they ship to France but it is available here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Of course MPV ship to France Very Happy It is a safe choice because you are sure to get a real Mojo. The one you are showing is a knock-off maybe an Oenux or Animal Kingdom like this one
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyMon Jun 10, 2024 10:04 pm

I really can't tell, knockoffs are very similar these days. however, Mojö models are also sold under Animal Planet brand and they are the exact same. This sculpt has a subtle texture because the sculptor, wants to represent the fine sort hair of a gaur which is usually quite shiny in real. Often sculptors give an overtextured appearance to the fur which gives a more modern and detailed look to the toy but it does not always represent correctly the real animal. I love this figure, surely one of my favorite models of ever but I understand the smooth appearance might not work pleasant to everyone.

Aeglil

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyTue Jun 11, 2024 6:45 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Joliezac wrote:
Aeglil wrote:
Joliezac wrote:
Aeglil wrote:
Nice photo.

Of course MPV ship to France Very Happy  It is a safe choice because you are sure to get a real Mojo. The one you are showing is a knock-off maybe an Oenux or Animal Kingdom like this one

I alreadyordered some figures with ModellPferde Versand, at least you don't need to pay extra custom fees as with MiniZoo.

Last edited by Aeglil on Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyTue Jun 11, 2024 8:02 am

Indeed but sometimes we have to wait more time for the new toys
Back to top Go down
Aeglil

Aeglil

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyTue Jun 11, 2024 9:51 am

I usually order from Spanish online-store Kidinn (Trade-in). They have an impressive choice of figures, ship fast to France and are very cheap, especially when you compare them to the French sitr Les Minis.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur EmptyWed Jun 12, 2024 8:31 am

Aeglil wrote:
I usually order from Spanish online-store Kidinn (Trade-in). They have an impressive choice of figures, ship fast to France and are very cheap, especially when you compare them to the French sitr Les Minis.

I can see some Safari Ltd and collectA but four Mojo and one Papo, I wouldn't' call this an impressive choice of figures. Les Minis gives us more choice even if there is zero Papo, which is a funny thing for a French shop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange-looking gaur   Strange-looking gaur Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange-looking gaur
Page 1 of 1