Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The most expensiv animal in the collection

Go down 
+19
Regy
stecal
Rio
Numa
Yurumi
Kiryuha
ken yeo
WILLYBACOMAN
noeska
SyLoBe
castlerigg
Wildheart
schleich61
Roger
Mastiffcat
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
widukind
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Talking about crazy prices ? Kaiyodo

Ooooh, so beautyful Shocked
What a fabulous figuere !!!

It looks like it is alive and moving cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:09 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Talking about crazy prices ? Kaiyodo

Ooooh, so beautyful Shocked
What a fabulous figuere !!!

It looks like it is alive and moving cheers

It is a Kaiyodo animal! You see, why i this like. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:16 pm

widukind wrote:

I fully agree, - Kaiyodo makes the most fantastic, unbelievable figuere cheers
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:22 pm

That snowy owl is beautiful!

My most expensive sheep is my BFA large Blackfaced Tup. Not only is it just an expensive piece, shipping from Scotland was killer, but I had to have him.

I think I paid more for one or two of my Breyers, which I have since sold. Fortunately, I was able to get their prices back when I sold them.

The best part is, the two most expensive pieces I collected, I am the seller! What a Face When I sold my Breyer collection, I kept not only my childhood favorites, but two one-of-a-kind test color pieces, because they are so impressive, I just liked owning them. I hadn't paid much for them, so I didn't feel like I had to sell them to get my money backi. But I did always say I'd sell them if someone offered me enough. Well someone has offered me enough, and I am selling them for over $1,000. Each.
What a Face cyclops What a Face cyclops What a Face cyclops What a Face cyclops What a Face
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
sell them if someone offered me enough. Well someone has offered me enough, and I am selling them for over $1,000. Each.
What a Face cyclops What a Face cyclops What a Face cyclops What a Face cyclops What a Face
affraid wow congratulations Carolynn, that was brilliant for you cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Well someone has offered me enough, and I am selling them for over $1,000. Each.

Thats a seller dream- Congratulation!! cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Gosh ! That is WONDERFUL, congratulations, Carolynn flower sunny
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Shocked Congratulation Carolynn cheers

By the way here is my snow owl for which I never paid 68$ Wink

The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 Web
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Ah, I know your snowy owl, it is wonderful! But as I need also a snowy I think the Bullyland or Safari would be enough! :)
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:32 pm

A wonderful model and rare species as model the Superb Lyrebird(Menura novaehollandiae), congratulations Andreas, is very nice absolutly. cheers sunny cheers
BG

Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Shocked Congratulation Carolynn cheers

By the way here is my snow owl for which I never paid 68$ Wink

The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 Web

Wonderful photo! It's even more spectacular than it appears on ebay! I can understand how someone who really wanted it would pay a lot for it.

Your photos are always excellent.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:09 am

Roger wrote:
Ah, I know your snowy owl, it is wonderful! But as I need also a snowy I think the Bullyland or Safari would be enough! :)

The SAFARI... Believe me Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:18 am

SUSANNE wrote:
widukind wrote:

I fully agree, - Kaiyodo makes the most fantastic, unbelievable figuere cheers
I agree too, I LOVE Kaiyodo drunken

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:14 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

The SAFARI... Believe me Wink

Ahah! I believe in you! I can find the Bully easily here but I'm patiently waiting for the Safari! :)
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:25 am

castlerigg wrote:
I have bought books that I do not want, just because they contain a few illustrations by Helmut Diller. I can't get enough of them.

Lesley
castlerigg

Hi Lesley

What other books are there with Helmut Diller pictures? The only two I know of are 'Last Survivors' and Field Guide to African mammals.

By the way I discovered the wonderful works of this man when I was a kid back in the 80s. I was obsessed by his illustrations in the field guide to Africna mammals book. If anyone wants to have a copy of this book then I suggest this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collins-Field-Guide-Mammals-Afri-Helmut-Diller-/200625660819?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item2eb638a393

The book is an absolute must for animal lovers and there are fantastic poses and illustrations of all African mammals including all the antelopes. a treasure of a book.

I would like to know what other books have his illustrations - There are some German books that I have read about only.....
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:07 pm

Carolynn, may I ask which mold the Breyer tests are on ?
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Schleichzoo, I can't access most of my animal books right now, but one good source for Helmut Diller is "Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia" by Dr. Bernhard Grzimek, first published in 1972 and in English in 1975.

It's a huge, 13 volume work and vastly expensive, but I'm only interested in mammals, and I was lucky to get three of the four Mammals volumes second-hand with damaged bindings very cheaply.

Right now, I have "Vol. 12: Mammals III" in front of me. It covers Rabbits and Hares/Carnivores/Seals and Sealions/Groundhogs/Horses/Hyraxes/Manatees/and Proboscidae, with masses of line drawings, photographs ... and full-page colour artwork showing every species. While he is not the only artist, in the Carnivore section alone, 24 of the colour plates are by Helmut Diller. There are many more throughout the book. Here are scans of a couple.

The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 Helmutdillercivetsetc2

The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 Helmutdillermanedwolfetc2

Lesley
castlerigg

Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:13 pm

castlerigg wrote:
Schleichzoo, I can't access most of my animal books right now, but one good source for Helmut Diller is "Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia" by Dr. Bernhard Grzimek, first published in 1972 and in English in 1975.

It's a huge, 13 volume work and vastly expensive, but I'm only interested in mammals, and I was lucky to get three of the four Mammals volumes second-hand with damaged bindings very cheaply.

Right now, I have "Vol. 12: Mammals III" in front of me. It covers Rabbits and Hares/Carnivores/Seals and Sealions/Groundhogs/Horses/Hyraxes/Manatees/and Proboscidae, with masses of line drawings, photographs ... and full-page colour artwork showing every species. While he is not the only artist, in the Carnivore section alone, 24 of the colour plates are by Helmut Diller. There are many more throughout the book. Here are scans of a couple.

Lesley
castlerigg

*sigh* Grizimek's *sigh* I have longed for that set, but allowed myself only Vol 13, Mammals IV, the hooved mammals. It's the source of the Gaur and Barbary sheep I drew; come to think of it, I think the Barbary was by Diller.
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:24 pm

Rio wrote:
Carolynn, may I ask which mold the Breyer tests are on ?

They are the 5-Gaiter in gloss "sorrel" with a star. He's just like the old sorrel 5-gaiter that's actually a dun color with 4 white socks, but he has a solid face with a star (instead of a bald face) and he's glossy. He's utterly flawless.
The other is a matte "liver chestnut" Midnight Sun, with four white socks and a bald face. It's the old liver chestnut color that was on the Quarter Horse Yearling and the Scratching Foal, that is, purple with a black mane and tail. It's a rather ridiculous color, but it's one of Breyer's rarest colors, since the only other horses in that color were the QH Stablemate family that came with the little cardboard stable. He's got a rub on his nose and some on the edges of his hooves, but he's pretty darn spectacular.

I got them from Marney Walerius, who used to work for Breyer.
Back to top Go down
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:22 pm

[quote="castlerigg"]Schleichzoo, I can't access most of my animal books right now, but one good source for Helmut Diller is "Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia" by Dr. Bernhard Grzimek, first published in 1972 and in English in 1975.

Lesley
castlerigg

i see what you mean about being expensive affraid
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grzimeks-animal-life-encyclopedia-a-complete-set-/300498054554?pt=AU_Non_Fiction_Books_2&hash=item45f7146d9a
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:27 pm

GASP !!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:22 pm

castlerigg wrote:

The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 Helmutdillercivetsetc2

The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 Helmutdillermanedwolfetc2

Lesley
castlerigg

Thank you!!! sunny
I never heared of that and now i see this wonderful books. And i need that- but too expensive Sad Mad
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:15 pm

there is a Vol 13, Mammals IV on ebay US at a great price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Grzimeks-Animal-Life-Encyclopedia-Vol-13-Mammals-IV-/190548966623?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item2c5d9a7cdf

this is the volume with the hooved Mammals except horses, zebras, and asses. It does include the rhinos, tapirs.

there is at least one full set at a great price too.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
there is a Vol 13, Mammals IV on ebay US at a great price:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Grzimeks-Animal-Life-Encyclopedia-Vol-13-Mammals-IV-/190548966623?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item2c5d9a7cdf

this is the volume with the hooved Mammals except horses, zebras, and asses. It does include the rhinos, tapirs.

there is at least one full set at a great price too.

Thank you. I find this also in the german ebay.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:43 pm

[quote="stecal"]
castlerigg wrote:

Lesley
castlerigg

i see what you mean about being expensive affraid
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grzimeks-animal-life-encyclopedia-a-complete-set-/300498054554?pt=AU_Non_Fiction_Books_2&hash=item45f7146d9a
oh my Shocked I can't believe it!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The most expensiv animal in the collection   The most expensiv animal in the collection - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The most expensiv animal in the collection
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next