Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meerkats, papo vs schleich

Go down 
+13
Pony
WILLYBACOMAN
Joan Milelire
ken yeo
Roger
baltimore zoo
weaselfan93
Silver Unicornis
SUSANNE
skysthelimit
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
Arrakai
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

Meerkats, papo vs schleich Empty
PostSubject: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Last month, I bought the three papo meerkats, and they are in my opinion much better than their schleich cousins.

I took some pics of them together, for a little comparison;

The standing ones;
The papo one is a bit bigger than the schleich one, but I think the detailes and the color is better on the papo one. The nose of the papo are a bit shorter, and the face structure is a bit different on the both. In my opinion, papo winns on most natural look.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The sitting ones;
Are more alike in zise. But once again, I like the coloring and detailes better on the papo.
I especially like that they have worked more on the detailes in the face, wich gives them more personality than the schleich one

Schleich has made some meerkat babys, wich are realy cute, and that gives them a plus against papo (who I dont think has made any meerkat babys scratch )

But papo still wins in my opinion, both on looks and detailes, but also because of this guy;

The pose is just so unbelivebly cool, you cant help but love him I love you

But this is just my opinion, now you can make your own Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Oh stop showing pictures of those little cuties I want them!! Laughing I agree, the Papo are the best meerkats on the market cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:09 pm

My 2 Papo meerkats are missing a friend, but they were bought by my mom.
The Schleich ones are also special for me because they are my first ones.
And there is also a lonely Bullyland one from my father...
Hm....too hard to choose...I would say they all have something special! Very Happy
I love these critters in general. I saw them at Barcelona zoo(there were babies too) and they were ADORABLY SCARED of the visitors! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:39 pm

They are wonderful, no competition here. I just wish they could be bought separately Crying or Very sad

Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Me too! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Wildheart wrote:
Me too! Sad
Same here Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 8:25 pm

WONDERFUL pictures, Anna cheers

It is a very, very good idea to compare them.

I think they are all wonderful , - it would be hard to make a meercat that is not loveley, wouldn`t it Shocked Laughing

The new ones from Bullyland also.

About the painting, I have just been googling pictures of them, it seems that they can have very different patterns..spots or stripes or both or none. Some have dark "glasses", some don`t. scratch

Yugh! There are SO many nice figueres....these Papos meercats just elbowed their way very close to the top of my wishlist I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 8:36 pm

These guys are on the top of my wildlife animals wishlist, they are simply adorable Very Happy
Meerkats are some of the cutest critters, I've seen them two times, I could spend hours watching them I love you

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: best meerkat   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:54 pm

safari makes the best meerkats, followed by papo, and then Schleich
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:36 pm

When looking at the Schleich meerkats next to the Papo meerkats, it's like looking at a Buick next to a Ferrari!
I really the detail of my Papo meerkats!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:52 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:

That's a curious opinion Lance, are you saying it because you love the brand Safari or you really think that the Safari are better?
Could you please explain me why? I'd loved to know? :)
I agree, Between the Papo and Schleich suricats it looks we are comparing brands from different levels of quality, with all the respect, the Papo looks much better! cat
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:49 am

Roger wrote:
weaselfan93 wrote:

That's a curious opinion Lance, are you saying it because you love the brand Safari or you really think that the Safari are better?
I agree, Between the Papo and Schleich suricats it looks we are comparing brands from different levels of quality, with all the respect, the Papo looks much better! cat

I am doubt too!!

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:51 am

With all due respects to the Papo meerkat pics that were nicely posted, they don't look quite in mint condition, so a mint set(with out paint chip/wear and tear) looks even better.
I really like Safari products, but their meerkats do not compare to Papo.
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:31 am

Roger wrote:
weaselfan93 wrote:

sorry, the Papo ones are better quality and detailed, but i prefer Safari because it is the brand i grew up with, but that is just my opinion. no offense Papo fans and the Papo sitting meerkat is really cute. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:28 am

weaselfan93 wrote:

sorry, the Papo ones are better quality and detailed, but i prefer Safari because it is the brand i grew up with, but that is just my opinion. no offense Papo fans and the Papo sitting meerkat is really cute. :)

I fully understand you, Lance !!!!
The ones you grew up with are the best, of course.
When I show pictures of my old Reisler figueres, I am completely surprised that not everybody find them wonderful Shocked scratch

I have never seen the Safari meercats, but from the catalogue they look fine to me even if they are the same mould all three, - or are there others also ?
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:08 am

weaselfan93 wrote:
Roger wrote:
weaselfan93 wrote:

No, Lance! Of course no ofense! You still don't know me but I am a Papo fan, Safari fan, CollectA fan, Mojo fan, Bullyland fan, etc.
It looks I've read correctly your mind and I understand clearly what you are saying.
But there's always a difference between the best and favourite!
I collect foxes and my favourite is the Reisler and I'm sure that it is not the best! :) :)
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Well understood, Lance! I grew up with my Britain's and I still love them! However, now I have my Papo and Safari!
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 3:17 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
With all due respects to the Papo meerkat pics that were nicely posted, they don't look quite in mint condition, so a mint set(with out paint chip/wear and tear) looks even better.
I really like Safari products, but their meerkats do not compare to Papo.

I bought them just a few weeks ago, and since then, they have been on display in one of my virines, so they are in mint, I can assure you Wink

But my camera is not one of the best, so that could be a reason if they look rubbed in any way Very Happy

I have never seen the safari meerkats in real life, but from the pics I have seen, they dont impress me that much. But like Susanne said, it´s almost impossible to make a meerkat that doesnt look cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:24 pm

From the photos, it just looks like the sitting meerkat's right ear and tail look a little nicked/paint missing. The standing meerkat basically looks o.k.(Not close up enough photo to tell).
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:10 pm

I have Papo meerkats since a pair of months ago and they're absolutely amazing. They're very detailed and are really well panted. IMHO is the best Papo creation.

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 6:14 pm

In this comparison, the Papo's are the best IMHO.
But i can't really tell, as i still miss them, and the Safari's to... Crying or Very sad
But what is wrong with having them, and create a nice group of them, different in size, colour and markings, as in nature... Laughing Rolling Eyes

Pony

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 3:31 pm

I think Papo takes this one!
ADORABLE!

Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:42 pm

OK,After these pics it's clear:I will buy my first meerkats!! cheers Very Happy cheers
The Papo ones!! Very Happy Hmmm,two meerkats-is this natural??NO!! No
So I'll probably buy the Schleich ones too,and the Safari ones,and the... silent Laughing Rolling Eyes cheers
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:41 pm

Vivien1998 wrote:
OK,After these pics it's clear:I will buy my first meerkats!! cheers Very Happy cheers
So I'll probably buy the Schleich ones too,and the Safari ones,and the... silent Laughing Rolling Eyes cheers

...My meerkats collection! lol! lol! lol!

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Vivien1998 wrote:

There are 3 of them Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meerkats, papo vs schleich   Meerkats, papo vs schleich Empty

Back to top Go down

Meerkats, papo vs schleich
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next