Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestion box

Go down 
+35
AlienMantis
john2xtheman
orcagirl26
QuollMate
Tarunyada
LeeAnn
Elros Alvar
NightLioness
DaveScriv
widukind
krista
galiminix
Tylosaurus
Kristie
Mastiffcat
Sumo
MartinH
Roger
Tiermann
Suebeedo
SUSANNE
ken yeo
Vivien
landrover
jarda
Wildheart
Kiryuha
Kikimalou
schleich61
HKHollinstone
stecal
WILLYBACOMAN
Berlinzoo954
Philter4
Admin
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

Suggestion box  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 5:37 pm

I think that would be a great idea, it would make it easier for everyone. We wouldn't have to go through the whole section to find the walk-around.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 7:43 pm

I think it's a good idea, however, how could we separate the sections so it's easy to find each one? For comparisons, you can't do by brand, so maybe by taxonomical groupings of animals? Possibly walkarounds we could have a separate section in each brand? :scratch I do like the idea, it's a matter of organization. Very Happy

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: A new section for prehistoric animals?   Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 5:32 am

I am well known for being 'fish girl' or 'fish expert' here at STS, but I also share a wealthy knowledge of prehistoric life and animals in general. Much like DTF, I think it would be more convenient to have a separate section dedicated to prehistoric animal collectibles. I know as a animal collector, and weblaholic, I find it difficult navigating certain forum sections in search of a prehistoric animal thread. I thought it would be a plausible idea, so I was wondering if forum mods/admins would use this idea in coming years? I know from a collector's perspective it can be plenty difficult collecting extinct animals, due to their uniqueness and a lot of bad or common figures are made. Extinct animals are hard to collect due to futile variety and accuracy too. But, indeed there are prehistoric animal collectors on the forum and I think it would make it very interesting to look through a new section every once and awhile.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:16 am

Emma, of course we can change our mind and I absolutely understand (I guess) your hope.
DTF and his son ATF are build in the way you are talking. It is a good choice and I respect it. Nevertheless, when we made STS we tried to build it in a different way.
We wanted to be unspecialized because we wanted to be a bridge between different kind of collectors: One brand collectors, Dinos collectors, wild or marine animal collectors and farm or pets collectors. We wanted also to unite Japan stuff collectors, vintage collectors and modern ones.
The real idea was to open a biggest field for everyone and I think we succeeded.
To hit this target we absolutely avoided making specialized sections because we didn't want to have a cliquishness forum.
I still think it's good to be different and our community doesn't need two DTF or two ATF. Our community needs ATF, DTF and STS: Three different tools to talk to each others  Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 9:36 am

Hmmm. I sort of like it that the prehistoric are together with the others  scratch 
To me they aren't a separate part of my collection, - no more than horses, catttle, African wildlife etc are Wink 

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Nice idea  Very Happy 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 4:15 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Hmmm. I sort of like it that the prehistoric are together with the others  scratch 
To me they aren't a separate part of my collection, - no more than horses, catttle, African wildlife etc are Wink 
That sounds like what's on my shelves. Smile While prehistoric animals are my main focus,I do have modern animals of many kinds too.Since I am always rearranging things there is a constant mix of everything at any given time,like a Wild Safari Dimorphodon being near a Wildlife Wonders Panda at one point. Very Happy

Last edited by john2xtheman on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Dimorphodons and giant pandas have a lot of things to share  cheers 
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Emma, of course we can change our mind and I absolutely understand (I guess) your hope.
DTF and his son ATF are build in the way you are talking. It is a good choice and I respect it. Nevertheless, when we made STS we tried to build it in a different way.
We wanted to be unspecialized because we wanted to be a bridge between different kind of collectors: One brand collectors, Dinos collectors, wild or marine animal collectors and farm or pets collectors. We wanted also to unite Japan stuff collectors, vintage collectors and modern ones.
The real idea was to open a biggest field for everyone and I think we succeeded.
To hit this target we absolutely avoided making specialized sections because we didn't want to have a cliquishness forum.
I still think it's good to be different and our community doesn't need two DTF or two ATF. Our community needs ATF, DTF and STS: Three different tools to talk to each others  Wink
Thank you Kikamalou I see were you are getting with this. I guess it is better to mix things up a little but.  sunny

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Maybe we could open a sticky topics in the General reviews and discussions section.

On this topic, a member would make a post like "I've just made a walkaround or a comparison topic between... It is HERE ( The link ).

No comments so we would have to scroll only one topic to find what we are searching.

The walkarounds and comparison topics should stay then in their own sections.

Tell me what you think  Wink 
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
And here is the oddest coincidence:both are in the same scale,at 1:7. Very Happy 

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 5:40 pm

john2xtheman wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
And here is the oddest coincidence:both are in the same scale,at 1:7. Very Happy 

cheers   Laughing Laughing Laughing

QuollMate wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Kikamalou I see were you are getting with this. I guess it is better to mix things up a little but.  sunny

Thank you to be here and to think about new ideas Emma  Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 5:43 pm

The last one is the best idea I think :)

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:00 pm

That is a good idea Kiki Very Happy
The comment should be complete (and maybe in bold) what it is and indeed no other comments between the links. So it is tidy and we all can seek the right comparison or walkaround.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Thank you to be here and to think about new ideas Emma  Very Happy

cheers Applause Applause Applause 

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:45 pm

Exactly  cheers

It must be made very clear ( somehow) that comments should only be written in the topic referred to  Rolling Eyes 

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 11:23 pm

I support this idea  Very Happy It would be very useful!

A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 12:16 am

Isn't there a way that one can label a thread "extinct" or something?  scratch that way there won't be made a new section so everything seems to be normal, but collectors like Emma can just hit search for that label to easily view the dino topics :)

Last edited by A-J on Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 12:34 am

I agree with Christophe  Smile 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 8:59 am

A-J wrote:
Isn't there a way that one can label a thread "extinct" or something?  scratch that way there won't be made a new section so everything seems to be normal, but collectors like emma can just hit search for that label to easily vieuw the dino topics :)

Hmm. That is the backside of all the "my new..." -topics.
It is completely impossible to find anything later  Rolling Eyes 

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 9:07 am

The best would be, if it was a "locked" part ( What is the name og a "heading"-part?), where somebody was authorised to copy each walkaround in a separate topic, mentioning at least brand and model(s).
That way you could find them, and the search function could be used Rolling Eyes 

But it would be a darned huge job to start it, and a great responsibility to keep it working  scratch 

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 1:26 pm

There are several different options. Very Happy
1. We can make a single topic with an alphabetic index of all walk arounds. The problem in comparison with Christophe suggestion is that someone has to update it everytime a new walk around is created. The advantage is that everything is listed in a simple and clear way.
2. We can create a section to walk around topics and setup the section to organize them alphabetically or in a chronlogical way. They don't need to be removed from their original threads, we can mirror them so we can find the walk arounds in both sections.
3. We can let this work to Toy Animal Wiki, adding in the respective entries of the figures, a link to the respective walk around on STS Forum promoting the interlinking between STS and the TA Wiki.
4. WE can create sections for walk arounds inside each category as we did with catalogues.
5. In a more radical idea, we can create a gallery on Toy Animal Wiki, arranged by brand where you just see an illustrative picture of the walk around and you just need to click on it to be rredirected to the respective walk around on STS. Then, that page can have a link on top of the STS page saying simply "Walk arounds".

Some of these ideas can be nice but they will always give much more work than Kiki's idea and will need that someone will permanently check it. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Wouldn't it be easier just to sticky a walk-around section in each brand's category?  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 6:14 am

The walkaround section already exists, it is the main brand section itself... We have the catalogue, non animal and additions subsections, so what is the main section ? Walkaround, reviews and discussions of course  Laughing  ... If we want.

Ladies and gentlemen, we will find a solution but the first step is not a Mod or Admin's task, it is everybody's job. You want to find the walkarounds and comparison topics easily ? I have a few guidelines and advices.  Wink 

FIRST: Open walkarounds, comparison and reviews topics.

Choose titles which help everyone to find the topic again. We have a research engine but it is helpless without good topics title

Open topics about your collection in the "collection" section and not everywhere in the "reviews and discussions" sections, even if you are talking about your Bullyland collection, the good place is not the "Bullyland reviews and discussions" section, it is the "collection" one.

Open topics about your collectors life in the "Collector's life" section and not everywhere again. What does it mean to open a topic in the Schleich section about "How do you clean your Schleich?" since there is already a topic about "how to clean your figures" in the "Collector's life" section?

I think that if my house is messy, it is not architectures' fault at first, it is first because I spread everything everywhere.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 7:54 am

orcagirl26 wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier just to sticky a walk-around section in each brand's category?  scratch 

We will try this  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion box    Suggestion box  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestion box
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next