Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy Animal Wiki

Go down 
+28
cmj3
Bonnie
aschuck
Advicot
pipsxlch
SerAndrew
Steve170
spacelab
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
rogerpgvg
Bowhead Whale
mikejonson7501
Takama
Carola
Roger
Tiermann
SUSANNE
NightLioness
smallscaleworld
MartinH
Elros Alvar
animalz
krista
Kikimalou
smithyboy
HKHollinstone
widukind
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 10:33 pm

Just to add, I cannot see any pictures either

SerAndrew

Country/State : Spain/Madrid

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 10:48 pm

Me neither Sad
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 10:52 pm

I've had some issues also. I thought it was just me.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2020 10:55 pm

I am sorry for all the troubles and strangely I keep working on it without difficulties. scratch The best is to avoid long editing works until things get normal. Maybe just trying small edits to see if things are working.

rogerpgvg wrote:
TAW behaves strangely. I made lots of changes to the VEB Plaho section today, but they have all gone Sad

That is quite annoying, Have you saved anything in your pc or it got all lost?

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 1:30 am

It possible whoever hosts (the hosting company, not the site admin) the site changed the links to how images are displayed, creating a lot of broken links.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 10:47 am

It's strange indeed. Yesterday evening, I could see the photos/thumbnails, but all edits that I had made in the previous couple of days had gone. Today, I can no longer see the photos, but all my edits are back again.

Yesterday evening, when I clicked on "recent changes" to TAW, I could see all the edits that others had made in the last couple of days, but I couldn't see my own edits. Today, when I look at "recent changes", I can see my own edits, but not the edits that others made.

It is as if there are two TAWs. One for myself and one public one and they don't communicate.

The good thing is that I have now been able to back up the recent changes that I made.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 5:15 pm

Trying to figure out what is going on, but the mystery deepens. At the same time, in the same browser, I can have one tab that shows only my own edits and one tab that only shows others' edits:
Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 Rogert10
Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 Public10

Which one I can see seems to be determined randomly.

The issue is related to the pictures not showing up:
Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 Rogerb11
Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 Tawbis10
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 7:20 pm

Very strange, Roger! Are you logged in in both browsers? Have you also checked it the option hide/show "My edits", just above the list of changes is activated or deactivated?

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 7:36 pm

Yes, I am logged in, and as far as I remember, my edits weren't hidden when I took the 2nd screen shot.

But what is also strange is that in the 3rd screenshot, I can see the edits I made (e.g., between 1967 and 1973), but I see the old version without my changes in the 4th screen shot. It's really as if I have a public TAW and a personal TAW. Usually I see the personal TAW (without pictures), very occasionally the public TAW.

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 9:13 pm

I have no idea what's going on with the visibility or not of edits.
My best guess on the images is that there are so many people online right now due to various places having many people in home quarantines that the internet is slow or unable to process things sometimes. Since it isn't universal with the outages I think the site is ok, it's just internet access.
This may be part of what's happening with the edits visibility too? However when I look at the recent edits list I don't see any of the Rogervg ones from the 25th. I see an anteater edit form today and that is the only one going back to the 19th. Very strange. Looking at that bison page I see the old version and not the new one. From the editor history side I don't see the edits you show as happening. As far as I know there is only one server for the site, it shouldn't have any mirrors out there that could be holding changes.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 9:18 pm

One other question - is the site name showing up as http://toyanimal.mywikis.net/ or toyanimal.info for you. The version I am seeing right now is resolving to the mywikis.net location.
Edit:
Oh, that's it!
When I look at the toyanimal.info version it shows just edits from Rogervg lately.
I will put in a bug report to the hosts. I think they may have moved the hosting location and not fixed the name server correctly.

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 9:52 pm

Thanks a lot, Tim! I think you found the source of the problem. The site with my own edits (and no photos) shows up as https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Main_Page

When I use http://toyanimal.mywikis.net/wiki/Main_Page, then I see other people's edits and photos/thumbnails.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 11:24 pm

Tim found it! cheers
I wonder if other members are also using the old link. Actually, I have just updated the link of the forum to the Toy Animal Wiki once it was linking to the old url, though, as it was redirecting to the new one, it was never updated. Now, if you use the link on forum heading, you will go directly to the http://toyanimal.mywikis.net/wiki/Main_Page - I should have updated it before and I hope that your editing work can be saved, Roger.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 3:25 am

I wondered if it was due to internet traffic/load increasing due to quarantine stuff. I will update how it's doing for me over the next few days as it has been uploading photos and not randomly over the past few days (mostly not bringing up pics). But right now it's working! Thank you guys for hard work and investigating!

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 10:36 am

Roger wrote:
Tim found it! cheers
I wonder if other members are also using the old link. Actually, I have just updated the link of the forum to the Toy Animal Wiki once it was linking to the old url, though, as it was redirecting to the new one, it was never updated. Now, if you use the link on forum heading, you will go directly to the http://toyanimal.mywikis.net/wiki/Main_Page - I should have updated it before and I hope that your editing work can be saved, Roger.

Excellent thank you! Something so simple in the end. I'm glad it was nothing serious.

Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 10:47 pm

They made the server move on the 20th but I didn't get a copy of the mail about it. The main domain name will start resolving correctly shortly, I have updated where it is pointing. Once they have finished the full move the problems should resolve. The edits on the old location may need to be moved manually as i don't know that they can be combined over. Sorry about that.

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 6:19 pm

It's fine, I have now made backups so I can move things fairly easily. I'll wait a couple of days just in case things transfer automatically. Thanks for resolving the problem!

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 1:45 am

I only have a handful of the Yowies Gummies figures- they never did make it to my area, so I only got a carton as a generous gift and a couple trades. But would you like pictures for the Wiki of what I have? If so, I can send them to you, Roger.
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 8:00 pm

Here is a response from the tech team at the hosts
Quote :
toyanimal.info should now point to the new wiki!

The editor will need to make those changes again on toyanimal.info. Alternatively, you can go into toyanimalwiki.mywikis.net (the URL to the old wiki - note this is different from toyanimal.mywikis.net, which goes to the new wiki) and export it using https://toyanimalwiki.mywikis.net/wiki/Special:Export. We will leave the old wiki up and its database until the changes have been migrated over.

So let me know when the updates are done and I will let them know they can delete away the old copy of the site.

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 10:24 pm

I have transferred everything now and the old site can be deleted. Thanks for your help!

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:17 pm

How do I create this kind of index table?
Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 Index10
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 7:44 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
How do I create this kind of index table?
Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 Index10

This kind of index is generated automatically.
Basically, those are links to the same page that correspond to the headings.
What you need to do is entering the line codes to these headings.
Let's suppose you want a heading of high importance, f.i., level 2 (smaller the number, higher the importance), You put the title of the section between a pair of equal "==" characters, opening and closing it.

You want a section for links (heading level 2) just write this code

==Links==

The number of equals will determine the level of the heading and consequent numbering in this automatic index.

Let's take a more complex example:

==Prehistoric==

===Dinosaurs===
====Ceratopsians====
====Theropods====
====Sauropods====
===Prehistoric Mammals===
===Pterosaurs===

==Wildlife==

===Mamals===
===Birds===
===Reptiles===

The index will be

1. Prehistoric
1.1. Dinosaurs
1.1.1. Ceratopsians
1.1.2. Theropods
1.1.3. Sauropods
1.2. Prehistoric Mammals
1.3. Pterosaurs
2. Wildlife
2.1. Mamals
2.2. Birds
2.3. Reptiles

It is just a kind of hyerarchy but it only generates if there are more than 4? headings, I guess.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 9:11 pm

Thank you. But why can't I get this to work in the Britains farm section?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 9:18 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Thank you. But why can't I get this to work in the Britains farm section?

Because it only has 3 headings. One or two more and it will work.

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 9:40 pm

Thanks a lot, we now have an index, but do you know why the tables aren't directly under the section headings? Sorry, I am hopeless.

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy Animal Wiki
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next