Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy Animal Wiki

Go down 
+28
cmj3
Bonnie
aschuck
Advicot
pipsxlch
SerAndrew
Steve170
spacelab
bmathison1972
Saarlooswolfhound
rogerpgvg
Bowhead Whale
mikejonson7501
Takama
Carola
Roger
Tiermann
SUSANNE
NightLioness
smallscaleworld
MartinH
Elros Alvar
animalz
krista
Kikimalou
smithyboy
HKHollinstone
widukind
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Toy Animal Wiki - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 2:47 pm

This AAA gecko is a tokay gecko, not a common house gecko: https://toyanimalwiki.mywikis.wiki/wiki/AAA_Common_house_gecko

the model is cast from an actual specimen, which makes it way to big to be a house gecko

see more here: https://animaltoyforum.com/blog/tokay-gecko-aaa/

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 6:00 pm

It's actually a bit convincing but this could be a Rhacodactylus leachianus too.
Perhaps it would be better to leave these models in the "undetermined" category?

Toy Animal Wiki - Page 9 Rhacodactylus-leachianus-1

Toy Animal Wiki - Page 9 Rhacodactylus-leachianus-2

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 10:06 pm

I agree, better to put them on gecko's page as you did. The mold might be one of those large geckoes but with this color it is hard to see a Tokay gecko. It is weird they're just marked lizard especially when there are so many lizards in AAA range. I will also rename the pages to AAA Geckos to turn it more coerent.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 28, 2023 6:28 pm

A Toy Major from 1994 BIG and without letter, any idea ? I don't know wher to enter it on TAW

Toy Animal Wiki - Page 9 Toy-Major-1994-Big-Indian-rhinoceros-1
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 29, 2023 12:38 am

Listing on Toy Major is not easy. You have to go to the Wildlife page, subsection for 1994 and try to see if the figure can be listed with any other you think as part of the same set. Then, you just list the same way those other figures are listed. I can do it if you wish.
It looks very large, probably 9 inches, is it hollow? I only know a smaller 5 inches version from 1994 which has the letter F as you can see here.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 29, 2023 8:51 am

My problem is TM is terra incognita for me. I saw the 1994 page but I hoped someone would know with which series this giant could match.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 1:56 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
My problem is TM is terra incognita for me. I saw the 1994 page but I hoped someone would know with which series this giant could match.

TM could be also Terra Misteriosa, it is really hard to sort these figures. Since your figure is not even marked with a letter, we can't even tell it is part of a traditional TM series. The way is to find more figures with a similar size and the same year assuming they're from the same collection. However, not every Toy Major set follows this rule. There are family sets and action figures where an Indian rhino could be easily included.

PostSubject: Re: Toy Animal Wiki   Toy Animal Wiki - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy Animal Wiki
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9