Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~

Go down 
+36
Joe
remrock02
MD1985
Joan Milelire
diversity
remowshake
Titwen
SyLoBe
Zwartvoet
Gab
noeska
alexmotoc
MartinH
Lasersword1973
zbyszek
Barricade
stecal
Ana
smhilin
Roger
Siobhan
aandmkw
Gabe
Kiryuha
Numa
Suebeedo
m.davis.15
schleich61
ken yeo
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Rio
Wildheart
Yurumi
WILLYBACOMAN
Admin
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Barricade

Barricade

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:20 am

ana wrote:
...anyway schleich antelopes aren't so good because of their too fat legs

There are mainly 2 pretty simple reasons for that :
1st one is safety, so the legs don't break (it's the same with all horses legs for example)
2nd is so the legs don't bend from the weight of the body and the figures stand properly

It's a huge difference to make highly detailed Resin Figures for adult collectors, or PVC
Toys for kids wich have to fullfill a huge list of regulations from material to safety to size
and so on and so on - a lot more stuff than most people would ever even think about.

Each *childrens toy figure* in the end is always just a compromise due to all those rules
and regulations. They could be detailed and sharp to almost lifelike looks, but then a toy
company couldn't sell them to kids, but had to put an *18+ adult collectors* sticker on
them and they would cost a lot more than they do now.

cheers, Barricade

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:56 am

Barricade wrote:
ana wrote:
...anyway schleich antelopes aren't so good because of their too fat legs

There are mainly 2 pretty simple reasons for that :
1st one is safety, so the legs don't break (it's the same with all horses legs for example)
2nd is so the legs don't bend from the weight of the body and the figures stand properly

It's a huge difference to make highly detailed Resin Figures for adult collectors, or PVC
Toys for kids wich have to fullfill a huge list of regulations from material to safety to size
and so on and so on - a lot more stuff than most people would ever even think about.

Each *childrens toy figure* in the end is always just a compromise due to all those rules
and regulations. They could be detailed and sharp to almost lifelike looks, but then a toy
company couldn't sell them to kids, but had to put an *18+ adult collectors* sticker on
them and they would cost a lot more than they do now.

cheers, Barricade

Dear B,

I know all these reasons and as I said I have respect for this company. I said it kidding, we talked about it many times. This is why I let myself for words like this. This is old topic really, and I suppose people will talk about on collectors forums also many years in future too. I know that sculptors which work for this company are able to make more realistic antelopes-I have no doubts.

Cheers, Ana
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

PostSubject: What would you like to see in 2011   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:32 am

My daughter read a thread about dreams of 2011 and asked me so I wrote about her wishes for the new year 2011. Ztego what he would like the Schleich had to make a new catalog of dreams. After long deliberation was limited to 10 mammals some of which she saw at the zoo and the rest of the films and of our forum (made by our artists Ania and Yurumi). Here is a list of dreams
1 - Bongo! Bongo! Bongo!
2- Gerenuk
3- Aardvark
4 - Suhak
5 - Gaur
6 - Pangolin
7 - Wild Ass in Asia
8 -Tamandua
9 - Black Howler
10 - Takin

It;s only 10 wild mammals and where horses, birds, which do we like to watch and listen as the Schleich which is so low. As I have mentioned their wishes to have the new cataloque.

My daughter still tells of these 10 families of mammals with the most

Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:00 pm

zbyszek wrote:
My daughter read a thread about dreams of 2011 and asked me so I wrote about her wishes for the new year 2011. ... Here is a list of dreams
Very reasonable list, I must admit!
Only who is the Suhak?
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:07 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
zbyszek wrote:
My daughter read a thread about dreams of 2011 and asked me so I wrote about her wishes for the new year 2011. ... Here is a list of dreams
Only who is the Suhak?

I think it must be Saiga antelope this is Polish name of this specie cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:35 pm

ana wrote:

Only who is the Suhak?

I think it must be Saiga antelope this is Polish name of this specie cat [/quote]
Aha, I see. In Russian and Ukrainian it is called almost similarly - "saihak"
Back to top Go down
zbyszek

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

PostSubject: What would you like to see in 2011   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Ania is right. Latin name of Saiga tatarica. In former times there between Turkestan to the Carpathians. It has a very interesting construction of the snout.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:46 pm

I know the biggest group in Schleich-collectors are the horse-girls... Laughing
But i hope they will make some other stuff too... Wink

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:29 am

Of course this pic was from the latest Schleich anniversary-book! Rolling Eyes

It is about time this forum will be the first to reveal the news for Schleich 2011, as we have so many insiders here!

But i must really say, that i am dis-appointed in some members, that they are really so much present on the "other" forum, but it is their own choice of course... Laughing
It is not a forum for animal-collectors anyway, as it showed in the past shortly ago... farao

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:53 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Of course this pic was from the latest Schleich anniversary-book! Rolling Eyes

It is about time this forum will be the first to reveal the news for Schleich 2011, as we have so many insiders here!

But i must really say, that i am dis-appointed in some members, that they are really so much present on the "other" forum, but it is their own choice of course... Laughing
It is not a forum for animal-collectors anyway, as it showed in the past shortly ago... farao
I'm still on the other forum for a couple of reasons, one is because they're still friends there, and 2 because any info they get on 2011 stuff I can transfer to this forum. Wink so don't be disappointed in me for that please Very Happy Besides that if I hadn't been on the other one, I'd never have had the commission from Shawn.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi Harriet. I still get on the other forum from time to time too, but mainly because the bulk of my collection is shown on there. I haven't been able to put the older pictures on this forum yet, but most of my new items are on this forum and not on the other. It is easier to post them in only one forum.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: More speculations on Schleich-2011   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:52 pm

Hello, my friends!
While we are waiting for some info leakage on Schleich-2011, I’d like to share opinions with you on the rumor about a range of animals from S-E Asia that Schleich could possibly introduce (gaur, tapir, Indian rhinos, black leopards, python, muntjak…).
Like many of us may remember, Daniel heard this rumor from an unnamed Schleich insider at the end of 2008.
The info wasn’t confirmed neither in 2009, nor in 2010. We could consider it as a total misinformation, BUT after all, two animals from that list appeared on the market: Malayan tapir and Black leopard (the latter however only in the Bayala series).
Taking into account the reference that Schleich is planning production of new models for three years ahead, I may assume that this rumor could have concerned not 2009 or 2010, but further Schleich’s plans. So, we could see the confirmation in 2011 or 2012, at most.
What do you think about it, fellows?
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Maybe,but I am 70% sure it was an erronated info or Schleich changed their thoughts!On the other hand,the info with creating models 3 years ahead is correct,so we have to wait.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Well, this "barebone" thread began to work for the forum: when googling for "Schleich 2011" this page appears in the Top-6 of search results. (The 1st place is traditionally occupied by Laughing Giraffe).
So, I'm sure this thread will attract more new users to the forum as it did for LG.

Alas, on Google France, we are only at the n°10 place Sad

But we are a young forum so... time is on our side Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Hello, my friends!
While we are waiting for some info leakage on Schleich-2011, I’d like to share opinions with you on the rumor about a range of animals from S-E Asia that Schleich could possibly introduce (gaur, tapir, Indian rhinos, black leopards, python, muntjak…).
Like many of us may remember, Daniel heard this rumor from an unnamed Schleich insider at the end of 2008.
The info wasn’t confirmed neither in 2009, nor in 2010. We could consider it as a total misinformation, BUT after all, two animals from that list appeared on the market: Malayan tapir and Black leopard (the latter however only in the Bayala series).
Taking into account the reference that Schleich is planning production of new models for three years ahead, I may assume that this rumor could have concerned not 2009 or 2010, but further Schleich’s plans. So, we could see the confirmation in 2011 or 2012, at most.
What do you think about it, fellows?

In 2010, Schleich also made a yak which is an asiatic citizen. I don't know what to think, or even if there is something to think about this, but this year Safari and Papo produced orang-utan and The Schleich is an old model now... The same for the indian rhino.

I just hope Schleich, and Papo, will surprise us soon like the 2011 Safari's products did a few days ago Wink In such a case, 2011 could be a very good millesime cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:42 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:

I'm still on the other forum for a couple of reasons, one is because they're still friends there, and 2 because any info they get on 2011 stuff I can transfer to this forum. Wink so don't be disappointed in me for that please Very Happy Besides that if I hadn't been on the other one, I'd never have had the commission from Shawn.

You are a free woman Harriet and this world is yours... So there is no reason to leave LG if you like the place. Very Happy

And of course there is no reason to avoid transfering good news Wink

I chose to leave LG because I have not enough time to be in two forums, and after reading some silly things from Playmobillist when Willy left. I decided I will use my "forum" time to make this one alive and I think it was the good choice.
Real truth, I don't think, I know it was the good choice Very Happy . Torben gave us a wonderful opportunity and we made this place a very fine and peaceful place. We can talk about our passion and feel like in a big family here. The respect of each other, the open mind and good spirit are IMHO the reason why new "very welcome" members are staying with us.
Ok, the next time i will say a silly joke, as usual geek
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 am

Kikimalou wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

You are a free woman Harriet and this world is yours... So there is no reason to leave LG if you like the place. Very Happy

And of course there is no reason to avoid transfering good news Wink

I chose to leave LG because I have not enough time to be in two forums, and after reading some silly things from Playmobillist when Willy left. I decided I will use my "forum" time to make this one alive and I think it was the good choice.
Real truth, I don't think, I know it was the good choice Very Happy . Torben gave us a wonderful opportunity and we made this place a very fine and peaceful place. We can talk about our passion and feel like in a big family here. The respect of each other, the open mind and good spirit are IMHO the reason why new "very welcome" members are staying with us.
Ok, the next time i will say a silly joke, as usual geek
Thanks Christophe sunny
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 am

I've been registered in LG for at least a year but for some reason I've never been allowed to post a reply into any thread there. Well I don't give a damn now that I'm here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

In 2010, Schleich also made a yak which is an asiatic citizen. I don't know what to think, or even if there is something to think about ...:

Well, the yak is giving birth to even more far-reaching thoughts in me. I've already have a hypothesis in my mind, soon I'll outline it in words and put into discussion here.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:18 am

I think that Schleich is really building slowly a Asian group. Maybe we will have a gibbon and a gaur like many people wants!!!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:28 am

Harriet, of course you are free to go where you want... Laughing
I am just to enthousiasthic about this forum, and we are collectors of animal-figurines here only, and of stuff what belongs to them.
But any news from which side is very welcome of course! cheers

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:50 am

This is the best place for all the collectors like us, no doubt 'coz the people here are more friendly and their is always a one-family atmosphere here. cheers

And since there is always a French Crazy Macaque and a funny Orange Dutch here to play jokes, life here is not boring at all. Laughing

cheers

But we must admit that LG has played a big part for all of us to know each other before and we should be thankful for that at least. But then, time has changed. After the departure of the Funny Orange Dutch there, that old Laughing Giraffe is slowly becoming a Boring Giraffe each day and sooner or later, it will become a Snoring Giraffe if the trend there continues. Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Every day I log into to check this thread and see if by some sort of miracle someone have received any news on the new 2011 releases. I know it is early but I can dream cant i? :-)
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: My guesswork on Schleich’s production plans   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi, everyone!
As I’ve already mentioned earlier, I’ve got a hypothesis about Schleich production plans that doesn’t come out of my mind. Of course, I may be totally wrong, but I’d like to discuss my guesswork with you. There’s pretty much of text, but the topic is very interesting. :)

In the past 2 years it was obvious that Schleich was actively developing the African wildlife theme:
- 2009: Schleich introduced 14 African figures, while the other continents where covered scarcely (2 figures for Europe, 1 for N.America, 1 for Asia, 1 for S.America & 1 for Australia).
- 2010: 6 African animals introduced, 7 European, 5 N.American, 2 Asian, 1 S.American, 2 Australian & 2 for Antarctica.

As it was mentioned once, Schleich is making production plans for 3 years ahead. So we could add 2008 to the list:
- 2008: 6 African animals introduced, 3 for Europe & 8 for Asia (but we can divide them in 2 because the white tigers don’t make any picture).

So, in total over the past three years Schleich introduced:
- 26 African animals
- 12 European
- 7 Asian (11 if we count white tigers)
- 6 N. American
- 3 Australian
- 2 Antarctic
- 1 S. American

Based on this statistics I may assume that the 3-year plan of fulfilling a wide African wildlife range has almost come to an end. Currently Schleich is offering 41 African figurine!!! And virtually all the popular and well-known species are present (except gorillas).
That’s why in 2011 I expect to see no new African species, but maybe some extensions to the current line-up (for example, Zebra or Gazelle in a new pose, or a new Hippo) and probably some African landscape items (there was a rumor about them too).

But what will be the keynote of the next 3-year plan? I suppose it to be Asian wildlife. There are two reasons: the above mentioned rumors and two new Asian species introduced in 2010: Tapir and Yak. I think Schleich has already started the three-year “Asian wave” in 2010 by introducing these two critters.

So, based on my hypothesis and those notorious rumors, here are my 4 logical predictions about the new Schleich figures in 2011 (and maybe even 2012):
- In the new line-up we’ll see more Asian than African animals;
- Tapir calf will be introduced – it’s both logical and conforming with the rumors;
- Black leopard with black cub will appear in the Wildlife series: they’ve already made the panther for Bayala, so it won’t cost much;
- Indian rhino with a calf will be introduced. Schleich has always been good in making rhinos, it’s their strong point, so this species is the #1 candidate among the Asian wildlife. Moreover, we already know that Safari Ltd. will offer an Indian rhino in 2011, and we all remember that strange simultaneous arrival of three Malayan tapirs this year…

This is what is boiling in my head. Needless to say that my thoughts might be misguided, but I find my guesses quite rational :) Nevertheless, only a few months or even weeks are left until we know the truth.
I’d appreciate your opinions about my hypothesis, friends.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:08 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Hi, everyone!

This is what is boiling in my head. Needless to say that my thoughts might be misguided, but I find my guesses quite rational :) Nevertheless, only a few months or even weeks are left until we know the truth.
I’d appreciate your opinions about my hypothesis, friends.

Thanks for your message, it is well written and clear and logical to understand. I totally agree with you. In regards to the Safari Indian Rhino for 2011 where did you hear this? I would like to see what they bring about?

Perhaps Schleich is going to move towards more Asian and Australasian/South American animals and Papo and Safari will continue with their African ranges?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~   2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~ - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 ? ~ Schleich Company ~ Masters of Suspense ~
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next