Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The new Maia & Borges water birds

Go down 
+18
ze_neto
schleich61
scot(t)
jarda
75senta75
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Tiermann
Steve170
Sumo
ken yeo
Kristie
sauroid
Ana
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
stitch
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:18 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, Roger, I am still trying to take pictures, buuuh, there must be something wrong with...the camera Shocked Laughing Laughing

Here is a scan of the nice tag they have.
I was trying to find the Danish names for them...hmmm, perhaps M&B should find somebody who checks the spelling in the future Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol! lol! lol!
I've learned something with you. So weird that I love it! Laughing
Mullard is very good but red throated driver is more than good drunken drunken
Now I know why everywhere in Portugal we see placards saying: "If you drink don't drive!"
I'll tell them about it. Surely is not the brand that makes the tags but order it to another company.
The same reason why we see some mistakes in Schleich catalogues too. :)
See a mullard in this Wikipedia article!
Let me tell you that the names in Portuguese are correct and that I appreciate to see the names of the species with the figures. The brands that donnot identify them will never mistake them. :)
Anyway and although the tags are beautiful, I'm glad they are better making figures than tags. :) :)
Thanks for telling and I'm eager to see your water birds! bounce bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Roger wrote:
lol! lol! lol!
I've learned something with you. So weird that I love it! Laughing
Mullard is very good but red throated driver is more than good drunken drunken
Now I know why everywhere in Portugal we see placards saying: "If you drink don't drive!"

lol! lol! lol!
Donald the driving duck cheers

Roger wrote:

....and I'm eager to see your water birds! bounce bounce

Ohh, they are almost the same as the ones Yvette made Embarassed
But here are the ones I have taken for my site Wink

These are the ones I see in my lake ( before the FISH Rolling Eyes )
Tifted duck ( we call them Troll-ducks, they are SO funny to watch !), Mute swan, and MALLARD cheers

Wood duck and Mallard together with thir cousions from New-ray Rolling Eyes

The drivers divers, or looms.
Great northern loom, and read-throated loom :

Two, that dr..dive a lot also : Tifted duck and horned grebe :

Good, old, well known birdies Wink

Wood duck ( We call it a bride-duck in Danish for some strange reason ) and the extremely rare Falcated duck. The latter is so rare that it seems that it does not have a name in Danish scratch

And all together Very Happy

I LOVE THEM bounce cheers Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:20 pm

Thanks Susanne! bounce flower I love you
Does the tag of the tufted duck is saying tifted duck? Laughing
I googled a little and I've found that falcated duck is segland in Danish! Am I right? affraid Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Congratulation Susanne cheers I must find more money now scratch Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Roger wrote:
I googled a little and I've found that falcated duck is segland in Danish! Am I right? affraid Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Yes, it DOES say TIFTED duck cheers

WOW! How did you find the name of that segland affraid
It means "Sickle-duck" Very Happy

Christophe, - you must start digging !
Some time ago a young man found a bunch of old silver coins in a field somewhere in Denmark.
The Danish state has awarded him more than a hundred thousand Euros, - can you imagine all those plastic toys he could get for that Shocked bounce Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:12 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Laughing Laughing Yes, it DOES say TIFTED duck cheers

WOW! How did you find the name of that segland affraid
It means "Sickle-duck" Very Happy

I've found it here! flower
This great website about birds is much better for you than Wikipedia. It seems that Danish Wikipedia is not very complete, unless when compared with English and Portuguese versions. We are many more! tongue Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 1:29 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Susanne cheers I must find more money now scratch Wink

Too much! I need more $$$$

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:44 am

Beautiful birdies Susanne and wonderful photos of them. sunny sunny
And indeed funny tags Shocked I wouldn't be notice the word "driver"if Roger wouldn't laugh about it Razz Razz Crazy birds indeed! You must be careful or they will try to drive Your car when You sleeping Suspect Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Congratulations Susanne!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Buying those birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:12 am

Hey guys, I really liked those water birds, but Figuren - Spielland won't deliver them in Brazil. Can anyone help me?

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 5:41 am

ze_neto wrote:
Hey guys, I really liked those water birds, but Figuren - Spielland won't deliver them in Brazil. Can anyone help me?

Try ebay

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:17 am

ze_neto wrote:

You could try to ask this guy : info(at)spielzeug-guenstig.de
He writes that for shipments aoutside EU, he is not responsible for extra import tax etc, so perhaps he will send to you ? Shocked

The shipping may be expensive, but the figures are 18 % cheaper that the usual price :

If this is not possible, perhaps some German STS-member will buy for you and send ?
I would love to help, but shipping from Denmark is madly expensive Crying or Very sad

Good luck flower

jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:52 am

ze_neto wrote:

This E-Bay seller ships worlwide:

Too late, sorry... Wink
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:44 am

Thank you, Susanne! Much kind of you! ;-)
SUSANNE wrote:
ze_neto wrote:

He writes that for shipments aoutside EU, he is not responsible for extra import tax etc, so perhaps he will send to you ? Shocked

The shipping may be expensive, but the figures are 18 % cheaper that the usual price :

If this is not possible, perhaps some German STS-member will buy for you and send ?
I would love to help, but shipping from Denmark is madly expensive Crying or Very sad

Good luck flower

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:44 am

Thank you, Jarda, I'll buy from there! :-))
jarda wrote:
ze_neto wrote:

This E-Bay seller ships worlwide:

Too late, sorry... Wink

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Latest info - MPV will get Maia & Borges birds very soon Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:39 am

It is nice to see the brand in so many important online shops and mainly the interest of many members! :)
I hope M&B reacts to the good feedback of this forum and customers and turns their animal lines in an important part of their range. bounce Very Happy

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 4:27 am

That would be great!
Roger wrote:
It is nice to see the brand in so many important online shops and mainly the interest of many members! :)
I hope M&B reacts to the good feedback of this forum and customers and turns their animal lines in an important part of their range. bounce Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:38 am

ze_neto wrote:
That would be great!
Roger wrote:

I agree cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:24 am

SUSANNE wrote:
ze_neto wrote:

Good luck flower

And i can help. Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Thank you very much, I already found a place! :-)
widukind wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
ze_neto wrote:

Good luck flower

And i can help. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Andreas, I think, Spielzeug-günstig.de has for the moment the best offers for M&B. sunny

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:16 pm

75senta75 wrote:
Andreas, I think, Spielzeug-günstig.de has for the moment the best offers for M&B. sunny

Yes. i think so. But i have to wait for my new money. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:02 pm

I got my exemplars!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:27 pm

widukind wrote:
I got my exemplars!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Me too! Laughing cheers cheers cheers
Congratulations for you and for me! Very Happy Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: The new Maia & Borges water birds   The new Maia & Borges water birds - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The new Maia & Borges water birds
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next