Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection

Go down 
+25
donny ong
Taylcoel
JonasV
skysthelimit
animalluvr6
baltimore zoo
Katty
75senta75
Bowhead Whale
Roger
ken yeo
lucky luke
Kikimalou
scot(t)
bojan
landrover
MartinH
widukind
Ana
HKHollinstone
Kristie
Sumo
SUSANNE
Steve170
Dr.Narayanan
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:34 pm

I am really excited for many of those CollectA models to become available. It's great to see pictures of them. Thank you especially for the picture of the Walrus! It looks fantastic! It looks like it is quite possibly a stronger model than either the Schleich or the Safari Walrus. And I agree with you about CollectA Octopus; it is an excellent model and the detail is fantastic.

Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks again folks.

@Scott - Schleich Walrus [ my vote ] and collect A are on par . Safari one is brilliant in it's own way [ represents a sub species ]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:29 pm

CollectA is building a fantastic sea life range! Thanks for showing, the walrus looks promissing in line with the sea lion that is a brilliant figure.

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Dr.Narayanan wrote:
Safari one is brilliant in it's own way [ represents a sub species ]

I had no idea. Thank you for mentioning it! May I ask what sub-species it is?

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Up tp now, i only have the Kelenken, from CollectA. But I intend getting more from them someday.
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Wow, I like best the sealion!

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Oh no, that Walrus and Red River Hog are at the top of my wishlist! Congratulations!

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:34 am

Further interesting critters - really Collect A has improved their standard ....unbelievable esp. 2012

Brahman bull is amazing with grainy texture - a new innovation indeed , and sharp details of wattle, hump , tail , back , rump and abdomen [ being from India , I am able to recognise the greatness of this animal figurine ] a perfect designing Very Happy

[url=Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_brahman_bull_1

[url=Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_brahman_bull_2

Next , the Asian elephant - another amazing figurine with lovely details

[url=Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_1asian_elephant

[url=Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_asian_elephant_1

Next , the white Arabian mare ....what an elegant depiction ..... Surprised Surprised Surprised

[url=Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_white_arabian_mare__1

[url=Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_1white_arabian_mare__4-1
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:38 am

Congratulations Doc, wow that Brahma bull is just stunning, I can't wait to get mine bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks Harriet Very Happy

and further additions....

Bull terrier female
[url=Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_bull_pointer_female-1

chow chow [ very happy to own this nice breed cheers ]
[url=Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_chow_chow

St.Bernard - a very dynamic pose indeed Surprised
[url=Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_st_bernard_1

Giraffe Surprised
[url=Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_giraffe
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Gosh ! You are getting SO many wonderful models from CollectA cheers

I have been hoping and hoping to get those Brahma cattle ever since I heard about them.
Now at least they have them in USA ( TGF-Toys), - perhaps they will get them in Europe also soon ? bounce bounce

The elefant is wonderful indeed ! AND that Arabian , - your picture makes him look like a DREAM Very Happy

The dogs are wonderful also, and the giraffe, - thankyou very much for the great pictures, and CONGRATULATIONS with all these beauuuuutyful models flower

Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Thank you Susanne granny Laughing [ hope u don't mind me calling you granny ....just for fun ]. I am so happy you liked them all .
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:25 pm

Phantastic additions!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:54 am

Congratulations for some more great CollectA figures! When I entered on this forum I predicted a promissing future to CollectA, unless in terms of quality, that was obvious in their evolution along first years. I'm glad I was right! Very Happy They really need to descontinue some figures to give a range with higher average quality. :)
I also think that these zebus are really fantastic as most of their 2012 releases. This elephant remembers me a good discussion with Christophe where I tried to show the good details of the figure while Crhistophe was showing the bad proportions of it.
I think we are both right! Laughing

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:58 am

Lovely figures Dr!! I especially like the Braham. I think he has just entered my wishlist!!! Wonderful! drunken Laughing bounce
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:26 am

Nice pictures Doc! I really admire that Giraffe and I'm looking forward to getting that Zebu (c'mon TGF, hurry up and send it!).

I'm hoping that someone will eventually post a set of photos comparing the CollectA, Safari, and Papo Zebus. (Alas, I can't do it: I don't have the Papo and have no prospects for getting it; and the CollectA is in the mail. In an ideal world, the photo shoot would include Harriet's Safari repaint as well.)

oh, and I almost forgot that bullyland has one as well.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 5:43 am

Thank you for the pics Doc Very Happy

The giraffe is a true gem and I will buy the zebu, it looks awesome cheers
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:06 pm

I will be purchasing the Striped Hyena and Red River hog. However, do you think the hyenas legs(Kind of noticed form the photo) are a bit to long? Also, I think the adult walrus is a nice figure, but perhaps a bit to thin?
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:36 pm

@ Baltimore zoo ; I feel the hyena's legs are perfectly proportional to it's body and head. You can definitely go ahead adding this one to ur collection .
and the Walrus , though bit leaner , excellently detailed and an absolute marvelous figurine. Pls. don't miss it .

Just like humans , every animal after all , varies in size in it's own species . I am sure , it goes well with the Schleich and Safari ltd. guys . My rating is SCHLEICH first followed by the rest .

Thank you Kiki , the giraffe is a masterpiece .

Thank you Scott , Katty and Roger , for sure Brahma bull is an excellent figurine Cool

@ Roger - Asian elephant , to my knowledge is a highly decent figurine and the proportions don't seem to be bad at all . Only thing is that if would have been in much bigger scale , it will look magnificient .
Back to top Go down
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:33 am

New additions.....

Female giant sable is nicely justified with fantastic painting and sculpt in different pose
Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_1sable_antelope_female

Bearded dragon - really well done with finer details
Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_bearded_dragon

and the Beluga - amazing figurine Surprised
Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_beluga_whale_1

Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rsz_beluga_whale_2
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:01 am

Love the Beluga! cheers It is fast becoming one of my favorite animals!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:09 am

Dr.Narayanan wrote:

and the Walrus , though bit leaner , excellently detailed and an absolute marvelous figurine. Pls. don't miss it .
Just like humans , every animal after all , varies in size in it's own species . I am sure , it goes well with the Schleich and Safari ltd. guys . My rating is SCHLEICH first followed by the rest .

Laughing cheers Doc Laughing Three collectors... Four different taste indeed Wink I still don't have the COLLECTA but, between SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH, there is no doubt : The SAFARI Ltd is Number 1 Cool

I made a topic about the walrus HERE with a nice discussion Laughing

Dr.Narayanan wrote:

@ Roger - Asian elephant , to my knowledge is a highly decent figurine and the proportions don't seem to be bad at all . Only thing is that if would have been in much bigger scale , it will look magnificient .

I still think COLLECTA made a very detailed asian elephant, alas with wrong proportion.
scratch Unfortunately I can't find the topic where we discussed this confused
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:21 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Dr.Narayanan wrote:

Laughing cheers Doc Laughing Three collectors... Four different taste indeed Wink I still don't have the COLLECTA but, between SAFARI Ltd and SCHLEICH, there is no doubt : The SAFARI Ltd is Number 1 Cool

I made a topic about the walrus HERE with a nice discussion Laughing

Dr.Narayanan wrote:

I still think COLLECTA made a very detailed asian elephant, alas with wrong proportion.
scratch Unfortunately I can't find the topic where we discussed this confused

You can see the Asian elephant topic clicking here! Laughing
It is important to check other pages of this topic. :)

BTW, nice additions Doc. Very Happy The sable female is in my wish list! Very Happy

Dr.Narayanan

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:10 am

New additions ;

Brown bear I love you

Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Brownbear

White lion - phenomenally expressive bounce

Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Whitelion

Shetland pony palomino I love you

Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Shetlandponypalomino

Okapi [ every model has it's exquisite charm in it's own way ]

Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Okapi

Red squirrel [ beautifully detailed ]

Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Redsquirrel

Rockhopper I love you
Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Rockhopperpenguin
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:58 am

Congrats Dr!

PostSubject: Re: Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection   Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr.Narayanan CollectA collection
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next