Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)

Go down 
+23
ulinuk
SeanieP
JonasV
Yurumi
Dr.Narayanan
MartinH
Taylcoel
kudu11
ken yeo
MARTINLATIN
Ana
skysthelimit
Katty
Roger
widukind
bojan
scot(t)
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Kristie
HKHollinstone
Steve170
SUSANNE
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) Empty
PostSubject: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Yessss ! At last I got the new reindeer  cheers

He is a REAL Papo model, with funny pose of the legs, and the antlers glued on, but I LOVE HIM  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He looks very happy in his new flock. Bullylands to the left and Schleich to the right  rendeer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Big congrats Susanne! He has lots of character. Thanks for sharing, these are the first pics I've seen other than Papo's.

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Thanks for the pictures Susanne! Congrats cheers
He's big! I'm not sure about him, I don't like his leg position, but that's typical Papo.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:48 pm

I like him! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Congratulation Susanne and thanks for the pics Very Happy .

I hope I will see one in a French shop soon Laughing Laughing Laughing

Legs, size, antlers and eyes : 1000% PAPO cheers

As Harriet, I'm not sure it will reach my herd... But ... Who knows ? Wink
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:34 pm

Congratulations Susan and thanks for the pics Very Happy. Shocked

I am disappointed in this figure, I felt better on the images in reality ..... Mad Surprised
I find it quite bland. clown
I loved the pose but I think in terms of reindeer are little better, paint, wood, eyes!! What a Face
I would wait or Collecta Mojo. bom cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Laughing Laughing
Poor reindeer rendeer Rolling Eyes

I must admit that when I first unpacked him, I thought : Help ! SANTA ! What have they done to the eyes of your reindeer ???? affraid

The white paint around his eyes makes the poor critter look like a clown clown Laughing

And like so many of Papos models, he is not looking to his advantage, when we see him from behind drunken

But I have a soft spot for the weird ones, - and perhaps they will change the paithing later,
- and then I will be able to get a VARIANT bounce bounce geek Laughing

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:50 pm

It is so exciting to see pictures of the Papo Reindeer; thank you Susanne!! He definitely looks slightly different than I expected from just seeing Papo's company photo. I will definitely be adding him to my collection; no question. The eyes were the first thing to grab my attention; the markings around them seemed a little odd. (I tried to find photos of real reindeer that had those same types of markings around the eyes, knowing that would put me more at ease, but unfortunately couldn't.) And it's not ideal that the antlers are glued on. But so are the Papo Moose antlers, and I got used to that and like that figure. In other respects though, I really like the Reindeer and am excited to get him. Again, thank you for the wonderful shots!

Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:58 pm

First thought after seeing Susanne's photos of reindeer: the person that made that figurine must have been really drunk while making it! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:32 pm

Congrats for your new reindeer!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Susanne, I must be honest and confess that the only thing that I like in that figure is that it is yours! flower
Well, I also like that it is different from all reindeer replicas I know and also from all true reindeers. affraid rendeer Spread legs, glued antlers and eyes are not the only things disturbing me in that figure but I don't want to be so negative once I'm only watching your great pictures and a real encounter can always change something. I also know you love it and my comment doesn't intend to change it! flower
Thanks for showing and congratulations! Very Happy

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:37 am

Wow!! he does have charactor!! But sometimes that's why we love them so much!! Congratulations Susanne!! rendeer
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:11 am

Katty, you have your heart in the right place I love you cheers

The paintwork in his head reminds me of some of the old models from Safari Rolling Eyes

He was standing next to my bed tonight, and he told me that he is a very old reindeer. rendeer
That is the reason why he has become so gray and gangly, and why he has white around his eyes Shocked

Knowing that, he is a very precious reindeer Laughing Wink sunny

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:19 pm

Congrats Susanne cheers
I won't get it definitely, it scares the hell out of me Laughing

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:32 pm

Congratulations Susanne! Lovely reindeer, I love the pose and face of him rendeer And Your beautiful photos of him:) And group photo with other reindeer, thank You for sharing that with us!! flower
I wish to get one too in future :) The only thing I would change is the coat color but sculpting looks really lovely. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:16 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Congrats Susanne cheers
I won't get it definitely, it scares the hell out of me Laughing

Uhh, Robert, good that you never see me in the morning Laughing Laughing

ana wrote:
Congratulations Susanne! Lovely reindeer, I love the pose and face of him rendeer And Your beautiful photos of him:) And group photo with other reindeer, thank You for sharing that with us!! flower
I wish to get one too in future :) The only thing I would change is the coat color but sculpting looks really lovely. Very Happy

Thankyou VERY much, Ana flower
Ohhh, I can not wait to see when you have made miracles with his coat colour bounce bounce rendeer cheers

MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Now listing every one?

In the pics it usually looks in many times defferent becuase it usually happens to me, that i see it on line and then a get it and its totally the oppisite.

pics looks differente that havi it on youre hand. yes Papo and all Brands change there calour after the years to improve there products.

But i still love it. Congrast and also thanx for sharing with us. 5 Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Thankyou very much, Martin ! Very Happy

Yes, you are right, no picture can be the same as having the model in your hand .

And especially Papo is an expert in changing the painting of their models, - for a collector of variations, it can almost drive you crazy Very Happy

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:47 pm

Congrats Susanne! I will get him too!!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Jesus is right! Like a Star @ heaven Very Happy

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:29 pm

scot(t) wrote:
(...)The eyes were the first thing to grab my attention; the markings around them seemed a little odd. (I tried to find photos of real reindeer that had those same types of markings around the eyes, knowing that would put me more at ease, but unfortunately couldn't.) (...)

Scott :) I was searching in internet for some nice photos of reindeer to imagine what color for Papo would be best. I found many really lovely ones and, accidentally, I also found this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Shocked Note the white markings around eyes Laughing Yes, color is completely different than cold grey on Papo but maybe they were inspired by this photo while painting? Anyway I guess it is rare marking... What a Face

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Yes, yes, there it is, - and it looks very natural also Very Happy
Great, Ana !!! flower Very Happy

I have been looking at a lot of reindeer-pictures also, and it seems that some har more white in the winter, - or so it seems scratch
Perhaps they have a white rim round the eyes at some time when they are changing their coat ? Shocked rendeer

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:01 pm

There's your half-full glass again Laughing

kudu11

kudu11

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:18 pm

I must say he is wonderful even though his legs are in an odd position and his antlers are glued on. If you look at his face you can see the great detail there is and his antlers are actually to scale and are detailed very nicely anyways you can always repaint him.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:20 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Yes, yes, there it is, - and it looks very natural also Very Happy
Great, Ana !!! flower Very Happy

I have been looking at a lot of reindeer-pictures also, and it seems that some har more white in the winter, - or so it seems scratch
Perhaps they have a white rim round the eyes at some time when they are changing their coat ? Shocked rendeer

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Yes , that's may be the answer :)

skysthelimit wrote:
There's your half-full glass again Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next