Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)

Go down 
+23
ulinuk
SeanieP
JonasV
Yurumi
Dr.Narayanan
MartinH
Taylcoel
kudu11
ken yeo
MARTINLATIN
Ana
skysthelimit
Katty
Roger
widukind
bojan
scot(t)
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Kristie
HKHollinstone
Steve170
SUSANNE
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:03 am

ana wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
(...)The eyes were the first thing to grab my attention; the markings around them seemed a little odd. (I tried to find photos of real reindeer that had those same types of markings around the eyes, knowing that would put me more at ease, but unfortunately couldn't.) (...)

Scott :) I was searching in internet for some nice photos of reindeer to imagine what color for Papo would be best. I found many really lovely ones and, accidentally, I also found this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Shocked Note the white markings around eyes Laughing Yes, color is completely different than cold grey on Papo but maybe they were inspired by this photo while painting? Anyway I guess it is rare marking... What a Face

Fantastic! Thank you for finding this Anna! I'm so glad you posted the link.

I confess that accuracy can very much change my assessment of a model. I've come to like various figures much more on account of discovering that what at first seemed weird to me was actually the result of attentiveness to realism on the part of the sculptor. This isn't the best example, but...I used to prefer the Schleich Alligator to the Safari. The more I learned about Mississippi Alligators, though, I noticed that the Safari does a great job with at least some aspects of the alligator's shape. For example, the alligator's classic 'U-shaped' head (as opposed to the 'V-shape' that is more characteristic of crocodiles) is really nicely done by Safari (and not quite so much by Schleich).

Even seeing one picture of Reindeer with those markings around the eyes makes me more comfortable with the Papo model. And I already quite liked the model after seeing Susanne's pictures and am now looking forward to getting it even more.

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 10:16 am

I thought it was normal to have white round the eyes scratch I have lots of photos with white around their eyes.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:53 pm

thanks for the photos cheers , i don't collect papo but i must get this Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:55 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I thought it was normal to have white round the eyes scratch I have lots of photos with white around their eyes.

That makes me even happier! (I have to admit that I really hadn't looked at Reindeer closely at all before this and definitely couldn't have told you at all -- and still can't -- which of the existing models is more or less accurate. It was only after Susanne posted pictures of the Papo model on this thread that I pulled up images using Google. But when I did that, it seemed like the Reindeer I saw didn't have rings around their eyes. I think I just wasn't looking closely enough. But it is possible for Reindeer not to have the white around their eyes, right?

I'm going to go look at more pictures now. Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:06 pm

scot(t) wrote:
That makes me even happier! But it is possible for Reindeer not to have the white around their eyes, right?

I think they can have with or without, yes Very Happy if you search for "Caribou" you might find more photos maybe, I found that anyway.

Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:03 am

i like him a lot... I´m not sure about coloring but I like him :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Dr.Narayanan

Dr.Narayanan

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Even I some what like him scratch
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Congratulations Susanne, especially with Anna's repaint. I have my Papo reindeer can buy yesterday, I ask to talk with one another so as not to start a new topic for the same model. I hope it is ok Susanne. Embarassed
I find the model it is very good, however, as unfortunately often at Papo's something big and the painting is not so pretty. I love Anna´s repaints of this model cheers
Here some pics with my Reindeer / Caribou family:

Marolin(Plaho), Bullyland, Safari Ltd., Bullyland, Schlein and Papo

and vice versa once Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Ralf, congratulations and thanks for showing in comparison with other reindeers! rendeer Aren't the antlers palmated like the others? Suspect
Santa should be happy at your home! santa

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:16 pm

very fine pics and great collection Ralf Very Happy

Even this PAPO looks better in this batch, I really like your pics very much cheers
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Many thanks Roger and Christophe Very Happy

The antlers I think there are different, see my photo with a Reindeer without palmated antler:

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:55 pm

Yurumi wrote:

The antlers I think there are different, see my photo with a Reindeer without palmated antler:
[/URL]

Thanks Ralf. Actually I know that there are reindeers with not palmated antlers. There is also without antlers at all.
But, when many deer species have not palmated antlers, it is not very understandeable why Papo decided to ignore such a typical feature of this animal?
Well, the good point is that it is a figure different from all the others. Very Happy

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Roger wrote:
Yurumi wrote:

[/URL]

Thanks Ralf. Actually I know that there are reindeers with not palmated antlers. There is also without antlers at all.
But, when many deer species have not palmated antlers, it is not very understandeable why Papo decided to ignore such a typical feature of this animal?
Well, the good point is that it is a figure different from all the others. Very Happy

This I think also, Roger Wink

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 12:38 am

congratulations Ralf!

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:54 am

Yurumi wrote:
Marolin(Plaho), Bullyland, Safari Ltd., Bullyland, Schlein and Papo
Thanks for the comparison photos Ralf!
Do you think the Papo Caribou is too skinny?

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:32 am

HKHollinstone wrote:

Yes, thankyou VERY much Ralf flower
WONDERFUL and useful pictures cheers

Skinny ? Hmmm, yes ... scratch
Looking at Ralf`s fantastic photo of an extremely well fed reindeer the Papo one does look a bit thin.

By wild reindeer, I think it depends on the time of the year, including how thick the fur is.
From the white circles round the eyes it could seem it spring, - loosing the winter coat.
And aren`t they often not very fat in spring ?

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Ralf thank you for the pictures! cheers Wink
My favorite right now is certainly the Bully.
What! Papo has the best woods and legs with hooves sulptés! study scratch
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:38 pm

Many thanks Harriet, Susanne, Ken and Luc :) sunny

I also think the hooves of Papo model very well done and detailed. Wink study :)

Yes, I am of the same opinion as Susanne, and there are people like us in the animal kingdom, individual differences, some are just slightly stronger, while others are a little slimmer, that's life....simply wonderful. cheers drunken cheers

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Cute, authentic looking reindeer cheers
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Here still a picture of a reindeer buck with a fantastic antler photographed at the zoo in Magdeburg in 2008:

Last edited by Yurumi on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:17 pm

jonesee wrote:
Cute, authentic looking reindeer cheers

Thank You very much, jonesee Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Ralf, both are beautiful pictures of reindeers! Although the 2nd one has more traditional and impressive antlers! Very Happy

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:31 am

All the pictures are really helpful Ralf -- both of the real reindeer and the various models by different companies. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:01 am

SUSANNE wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

Yes, thankyou VERY much Ralf flower
WONDERFUL and useful pictures cheers

Skinny ? Hmmm, yes ... scratch
Looking at Ralf`s fantastic photo of an extremely well fed reindeer the Papo one does look a bit thin.

By wild reindeer, I think it depends on the time of the year, including how thick the fur is.
From the white circles round the eyes it could seem it spring, - loosing the winter coat.
And aren`t they often not very fat in spring ?

Yes, I think you're right, I typed in "Caribou in Spring" on google images and saw photos of them loosing their winter coats, like this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and you're right they do look thinner.

Yurumi wrote:
Here still a picture of a reindeer buck with a fantastic antler photographed at the zoo in Magdeburg in 2008:
That is such a beautiful fantastic photo Ralf!! His horns are amazing.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:41 am

Yurumi wrote:

Beautiful pic Ralf cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)   The Papo 50117 reindeer :-) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Papo 50117 reindeer :-)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next