Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?

Go down 
+37
Saarlooswolfhound
Laika99
sauroid
animallover4jesus
STORMnl
A-J
Taos
scot(t)
Snardi
christinavanderschouw
Elros Alvar
SommoDracorex
widukind
Roger
Silver Unicornis
Plahotiere
stecal
MD1985
atabini
WILLYBACOMAN
MartinH
noeska
remowshake
landrover
zbyszek
aandmkw
Kiryuha
Kikimalou
Sergey
Admin
Ana
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
Gabe
Rio
Arrakai
Wildheart
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:21 am

Gabe wrote:
MartinH wrote:
Gabe wrote:
Well just today I've counted my figures.
A total of 64! tongue 🐰

Ok my number is 275. Mostly african savannah animals by Schleich, Papo, Safari and CollectA... some schleich horses and about 70 giraffes by other brands :) :) :)

70 giraffes! affraid Surprised

well... i love giraffes... a little Very Happy Very Happy Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:24 am

70 giraffes???

You are crazy by them :)
I just have one!

Congratulations.. I hope you share your giraffes collection with us Wink

Philip afro

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:26 am

[quote="remowshake"]70 giraffes???

You are crazy by them :)
I just have one!

Congratulations.. I hope you share your giraffes collection with us Wink

Philip afro [/quo

scratch i did... i´ll find you link sunny
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:28 am

I will wait by the photos

I call you crazy but in a good sense, i hope you have understand :)

Philip afro

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:38 am

remowshake wrote:
I will wait by the photos

I call you crazy but in a good sense, i hope you have understand :)

Philip afro

ofcourse .) don´t worry... i am really crazy about giraffes cheers cheers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
some of them :)
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:47 am

And me for horses :)

Congratulations by the giraffes Razz

Philip afro

Country/State : netherland

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:49 am

I love horses,cat's,dogs en pets from schleich :)
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:52 am

remowshake wrote:
And me for horses :)

Congratulations by the giraffes Razz

Philip afro

yeah... i like horses too Wink mostly with stripes Very Happy
thank you...
Wink

remowshake

remowshake

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:54 am

I have too a girafe.. Is a female giraffe from this year (Schleich) but i have them at some years ago.. but she continues in catalog :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes.. I have a pinto, with stripes, but aren't my preferences.. I like some models without stripes :)

Your welcome my friend :)

Philip afro

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:55 pm

remowshake wrote:
I have too a girafe.. Is a female giraffe from this year (Schleich) but i have them at some years ago.. but she continues in catalog :)

Yes.. I have a pinto, with stripes, but aren't my preferences.. I like some models without stripes :)

Your welcome my friend :)

Philip afro

Nope I was talking abou zebras my friend Wink
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:00 am

Ah LOL, i've confuse.. Sorry
Yes.. i like zebras too, but i dont have one xD

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:26 pm

MartinH wrote:
Gabe wrote:
Well just today I've counted my figures.
A total of 64! tongue 🐰

Ok my number is 275. Mostly african savannah animals by Schleich, Papo, Safari and CollectA... some schleich horses and about 70 giraffes by other brands :) :) :)

Oh, Martin. In the summer you had to work hard in order for them to gather a lot of feed. And where those poor things, were now shelter, with such an acute attack of winter. No No No

And seriously, I would like to see the pictures, your whole herd. It must be amazing to look at the whole flock together. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:18 am

Shocked I need a bigger apartment Shocked

This month I´m pretty sure I broke the 6000 piece barrier Very Happy

I got some realy nice pieces this month, but I have to store many of them away in boxes, ´cus there´s just not enough room left here No

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 2:37 pm

Well, i thought, i brake into this tread too... Laughing
How much items you have in your collection is not important indeed, i know for sure that many here have more then i have, like Anna and Torben.
And i know collectors that have even much bigger collections, but of a much higher quality too, as we speak about old, retired, and antiques...

Christophe may not have the biggest collection around here, but how much class and quality is in his collection! cheers
Torben had a big collection already before, and he is chasing older stuff now too, and i am even helping him with that, as i like him to have brands complete as possible.
Not because Torben wouldn't be able to find those figurines, or because he couldn't afford them, but because everybody has its speciallities in this field...
This is one of the things i like for myself too, complete brands, and production lines.

I started counting even before this tread, because on Collectors Quest, the different parts of the collection show the number of the pics, but not the animals ON the pics.
I came to around 3500 different pieces, including human figurines and bushes and trees...
But i still haven't put everything on there, because lack of time.(farmyard fowl and pigs are still missing for a big part...)
And i don't even start about parts of the collection, that i had to sell in the past, or which i traded away for other reasons... Shocked
But my collection grows with about 50-200 pieces every month, so it will be big in the future.
And one day, in my old days, i will sell it, to make some nice years of retirement, because i can't take them into my grave... farao

I already know, that i will be going to the tropical island of Curacao, from which my girl-friend originates in about 5 years, when we are able too.
I am quit sure, that i can't take everything with me, as i would need a much bigger house to display every item i have, like most of it now, i don't have too many models in boxes, i like to see them!
Well, we will see, and i am still collecting, and for the fun and love of animals, and not for the money or value in the future anyway...
As it seems, my collection grows by about 1000 items every year.
If i am going to be rich in one or the other way, i am sure, i will have one of the biggest collections in the world, as i would be able to buy everything i want, but would it be still fun then.... Rolling Eyes
Anyway, you have to do something with your time and money then, and i think, there would be much money going to nature-projects, which would be giving us the possibility to see our beloved animals still alive in their natural habitats... elephant ,instead of plastic models on our shelves... Rolling Eyes

Just a simple example:

We are killing of the sharks in the ocean, which are the top-predators in the eco-systems most of the times.
When they are all gone, these chains will collapse, just a matter of time, including the phytoplancton, that gives us the biggest part of oxygen on our planet, and what then?
Anybody ever thought about that...
Maybe it would be better, that we al spend as much money on protecting the animals and their habitats, as we do on buying animal models... Idea

Back to collecting:
But i wouldn't have the fun of purchasing some item for a nice amount of money, as i would pay as much as it would cost me easily...
But i wouldn't have to sell the collection then when i am growing older, as i can make my life as i want it to be, besides from health-issues, and even that is possible in about 1-20 years, but that is another story...
Another thing i would do, is to help some very dear friends here from the forum, to find stuff for them, which they lack in their collections, and maybe are not able to buy or find...
Because i like to give more then to recieve, it gives me much more joy... Very Happy

Anyway, Mihnea, you will have a huge collection of model- and real animals when you are much older as you are now i guess...
But i can give you a tip, you need a partner that thinks the same, or allows you to do so too! Wink

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 12:02 am

Those are astounding numbers.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:32 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
If i am going to be rich in one or the other way, i am sure, i will have one of the biggest collections in the world, as i would be able to buy everything i want, but would it be still fun then.... Rolling Eyes
Golden words!

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:30 am

If talking about how many animals we have, right now I only have around 300 of them. But the important part of collecting this animals is not how many we have but why we all are collecting them.

As for me, my collection starts because I love animals and love taking pictures of them in its wild habitat and then I found this figurines that are like the real ones and start collecting them. Also this is one of the things as Willy mentioned that my partner (fiance) love to and we can spend time looking for them, buying and caring for the collection. Time that we spend together besides going out to take pictures of nature and wildlife.

In this forum we have many young people that are starting with their collections, enjoy collecting but also spend time with your friends and beloved people and dedicate time to the wildlife around your area, as maybe they wont be there for always. Here in Peru our Amazon basin is having problems every day and our wildlife is being decreased in some areas due to human interference.

Going back to my collection, hope next year I can get some of the missing figurines from Schleich I am still looking at a reasonable price as here in Peru is really hard to find them, but this is the exciting part of collecting this figurines, finding the ones you do not have and that would like to have anyway.

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 5:13 am

I started to collect animals only about one year or more! as I know the collections is growing every month and till today it should be around 1300 pcs. Initially I thoughts only dog ,cat ,farm and wild life. But later on I realised when look at others collector like torben, Christophe, Willy, Landrover and others. This border of collection have also expending to sea life and Dinosaur series.

Counting is fun ! In this hobby beside counting and gaining animal knowledge is my most enjoyable things I find. Also made me more aware our environment changes and how it affect animals life.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:24 am

:) :)

You are on the right track, because it adds to his collection, marine animals and learn a lot from them, also of extinct animals.
You can then try to collect insects, reptiles, frogs ,strange creatures, etc. and extend their collection to the entire animal kingdom.
Birds for example,is marvelous world.
obviously, the famous brands do not have many of these, but you will be find in the Asian market many animals and increasingly improved quality in different forms and paintings.

There are collectors who specialize in only type of animals and have beautiful tresures.
But if you like have,other posibilities,in few years will have huge collection.
arrow
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 am

A great way to count and always keep track on our entire collections (which sometimes can be a very difficult task, as they ever grow) is to put all the relevant data into MS Excel and add some functions that will do the job for you (counting and sum). Last night I've spent my time doing this, and so these are the most precise results:

Schleich total: 46 figures (+ 2 trees)
[Schleich retired items: 9 figures]
Papo total: 25 figures
Total figures: 71 Rolling Eyes

I truly recommend this method for you, friends! Wink

Last edited by Gabe on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MD1985

MD1985

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:22 am

im at 363 different Schleich figures now
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:21 am

MD1985 wrote:
im at 363 different Schleich figures now

Nice Martijn Very Happy

Gabe, i make a table in Microsoft Word, when i have all of my items, with his information :)

MD1985

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 4:50 am

I made it a while ago in MS Word. Like an excel file it works very well.
Needed to do that, because after a while I was buying some in the shop and when I got home they were already in my collection Razz So I allways have a list with me just in case im not sure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:44 am

Gabe wrote:
A great way to count and always keep track on our entire collections (which sometimes can be a very difficult task, as they ever grow) is to put all the relevant data into MS Excel and add some functions that will do the job for you (counting and sum)...
Yeah. it's a good method when you start the excel table in the beginning of your collecting carrer. But if one has already got several hundred figures it'll be not easy to put all of them into Excel Wink

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:07 pm

ok i was bored and for the first time ever i did a quick count of my whole schleich collection including catalogues etc using my photos and it came to 1317 affraid which is WAY more than i thought it would be i thought it would be about 500 max
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?    Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Counting,counting...How many figures do you have?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next