Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Items for 2011 with pics

Go down 
+30
Numa
Arrakai
Hanne-
ecotone88
Rio
FLIPPI
Tupolew Tu-154
Lasersword1973
sphyrna18
Roger
lucky luke
Wildheart
Sumo
skysthelimit
Joan Milelire
Kikimalou
Admin
remrock02
elclavo75
Sergey
SUSANNE
MartinH
Gab
alexmotoc
WILLYBACOMAN
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
Kiryuha
Gabe
baltimore zoo
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Which white pelican are you talking about? American or Greater?
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Roger wrote:

Look more like American White Pelican with a big yellow colour around the eye.

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Roger wrote:
Until now not a big fan of this pelican! Does anybody knows the species?
The CollectA birds are perfectly indentified, are black-faced-spoonbills! Very endangered!Sad

... Some pelicans species from displays by Torben and Jean Luke... :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:27 pm

ken yeo wrote:
Roger wrote:

I agree Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Papo really seem to be improving all of a suddent, wow that mandrill, asian elephant, yak and chamois look so detailed!

I am in such a dilemma, I only collect Schleich and select models from Collecta and Safari. However I didnt buy about 20 papo models last year all because of the Okapi, Kudu and Gnu. The Papo Croc, Komodo, Hippi and African Rhino with lions are all so fantastically detailed that I couldnt help it. Now they are all just sitting in storage boxes and I felt like I wasted all my money because I cant display them with Schleich because of the scale.

I even thought about trading or selling them but now looking at the 2011 pictures I think I will just keep on collecting and keep them in storage for now. Perhaps over the next few years we will get even more and better models? However some of the current models are still hit and miss like the African elephant, giraffe and chimps all of which look cute or cartoonish compared to the other models....what do i do?! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:35 pm

ken yeo wrote:
Roger wrote:

But Ken, I only can see the dark feathers clearly in American white pelicans when flying! With this pose I cannot see it clearly as in the figure! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
Papo really seem to be improving all of a suddent, wow that mandrill, asian elephant, yak and chamois look so detailed!

I am in such a dilemma, I only collect Schleich and select models from Collecta and Safari. However I didnt buy about 20 papo models last year all because of the Okapi, Kudu and Gnu. The Papo Croc, Komodo, Hippi and African Rhino with lions are all so fantastically detailed that I couldnt help it. Now they are all just sitting in storage boxes and I felt like I wasted all my money because I cant display them with Schleich because of the scale.

I even thought about trading or selling them but now looking at the 2011 pictures I think I will just keep on collecting and keep them in storage for now. Perhaps over the next few years we will get even more and better models? However some of the current models are still hit and miss like the African elephant, giraffe and chimps all of which look cute or cartoonish compared to the other models....what do i do?! :)

2 different scales displays!!!:)
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:53 pm

Roger wrote:
Until now not a big fan of this pelican! Does anybody knows the species?
The CollectA birds are perfectly indentified, are black-faced-spoonbills! Very endangered!Sad

... One more...The pelican by Safari... :)

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Roger wrote:
ken yeo wrote:
Roger wrote:

But Ken, I only can see the dark feathers clearly in American white pelicans when flying! With this pose I cannot see it clearly as in the figure! Suspect
Yes you're right Roger, the American white pelican you can only see the black when it's wings are open. The Safari ltd one looks like an American white pelican too.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 5:12 pm

We are finding the reason I'm not a fan of this pelican!
Probabily is better to think of what do Papo tried to do !
Thanks for the pics Sergey, loved to know your oppinion. About the Safari, I have this figure and this is an American white pelican! Safari and CollectA birds are relatively accurate compared to Papo! Even the Papo penguin is very nice! And I hope to be wrong about the pelican!

Thinking this is an American white pelican with wings outside in, we have a more impressive than Safari one but less accurate, even the face doesn't looks so perfect!Sad
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
However some of the current models are still hit and miss like the African elephant, giraffe and chimps all of which look cute or cartoonish compared to the other models....what do i do?! :)

Laughing Laughing IMHO the Schleich african elephants and chimps are far more cartoonish than the Papo.

It's always funny to see how two different collectors have so different point of view Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Roger wrote:

scratch scratch scratch

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Roger wrote:
Schleichzoo wrote:

what do i do?! :)

2 different scales displays!!!:)

Yes Sir cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Sergey wrote:

... One more...The pelican by Safari... :)

And some more in the Kikimalou's jungle here Wink : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Wonderful pelican collection Christophe, the Safari ltd pelican is so nice I love you

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:47 pm

[quote="Kikimalou"]
Roger wrote:

scratch scratch scratch

I haven't understand that the Papo pelican has open wings!drunken
I thought the pose was this one... sorry... I'm not definitly a peregrine falcon!
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
...However I didnt buy about 20 papo models last year all because of the Okapi, Kudu and Gnu. The Papo Croc, Komodo, Hippi and African Rhino with lions are all so fantastically detailed that I couldnt help it. Now they are all just sitting in storage boxes and I felt like I wasted all my money because I cant display them with Schleich because of the scale...
That's the reason I'm very selective when it comes to Papo.
The scale of their gorilla and hippo are OK, and they look great in my African display. But I've not bought the beautiful Kudu and Gnu because they're too huge.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 3:08 pm

As what our dear friend Christophe always said before, you may find that the Papo's scale is big. It is simply because the other scale is smaller. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:27 pm

hahaha I'm the exact opposite, I'm selective of schleich because their scale is too small for my papo. I currently have the papo big cats, and croc and dinos (T rex, Spino, trike, raptor). Papos rare in Australia, Schleich on the other hand is everywhere, I just bought the Schleich female Zebra as I couldn't resist the realism and divine paintjob, but alas she can't be "hunted" or displayed with my papo's as she's too small. Have the schleich lioness and leopard, the lioness can be passed off as a sub adult next to the papo pride, as she still has her visible spots. Though am considering making a schleich African Savannah musuem display (as some of the Schleich ungulates are pretty cool) whilst keeping my papo's as the Panthera genus display and the croc with the dinos. How I wish we had Safari in Aus, their figures are awesome!

Btw is anyone on this forum from Australia, if so are there any places here that have Safari?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Absolutly correct! If your dioramas are based in Papo figures, Schleich figures could work like subadultes, perfect!
Sometimes I think that Schleich use young animals as reference for the figures! Probabily because they are more apealing to children.
But htere's no scales in brands, see the Schleich gazella near the elephant, gazella fits better with Papo Kudu!
Papo hippo fits better with Schleich range! In Schleich wild life mammals are between 1:12 and 1:32 scales!
The same problem with Papo and other brands! If you use 1:20 scale as reference, you will not have a gazzela nor an elephant or hippo in African diorama! Problem is not the brand!
As I told before, there's no scale called 1:Schleich!
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:08 pm

Exactly Roger!! I mix n match the brands as each has their strengths and weaknesses. When put together with scale in mind you can do wonders. The schleich warthogs are perfect size against the papo lions, I've heard that the Safari wildlife wonders elephants are scale to schleich and papo.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Roger wrote:
Absolutly correct! If your dioramas are based in Papo figures, Schleich figures could work like subadultes, perfect!
Sometimes I think that Schleich use young animals as reference for the figures! Probabily because they are more apealing to children.
But htere's no scales in brands, see the Schleich gazella near the elephant, gazella fits better with Papo Kudu!
Papo hippo fits better with Schleich range! In Schleich wild life mammals are between 1:12 and 1:32 scales!
The same problem with Papo and other brands! If you use 1:20 scale as reference, you will not have a gazzela nor an elephant or hippo in African diorama! Problem is not the brand!
As I told before, there's no scale called 1:Schleich!

The bad thing Roger is that the Schleich gazelle is indeed in a bigger scale than the Papo kudu.

Here is what I wrote last year in another topic Wink

Kikimalou wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Such a
grandiose figure could easily find a place on a small shelf with other
big hoofed models like the papo gnu or the Schleich Thomson's gazelle Very Happy Wink
No no no I don't speak about the arabian oryx Laughing
But
I haven't got a spare small shelf that would be easy to observe... And
if I had one, I'd better move there my S. American display :)

Well Kiryl, we all know you like to have a "nearly in scale" collection and that it matters a lot.

So, here is a pic I made with :

Papo gnu 1:17 scale
Papo great kudu 1:16 scale
Bullyland topi 1:14 scale
Safari oryx 1:13 scale
Bullyland Grant's gazelle 1:16 scale
Schleich Thomson's gazelle 1:12 scale. The biggest scale of the batch !

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:20 am

Oh Christophe, I remember some conversations about scales! I know this gazella is from a bigger scale but I'm not saying that the gazella is from the same scale as the Papo kudu, I'm saying that it fits better... see here with the Schleich kudu!Laughing
I have few animals from this subfamily to compare! In this picture you see why I'm confuse when people talk about a sacred Schleich scale!confused

Last edited by Roger on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:55 am

Can you take a picture of Papo and Schleich kudu next to each other, both on the same distance from the lence... Pretty please Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:21 am

skysthelimit wrote:
Can you take a picture of Papo and Schleich kudu next to each other, both on the same distance from the lence... Pretty please Very Happy

Not pretty but usefull, I guess!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo Items for 2011 with pics   Papo Items for 2011 with pics - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Items for 2011 with pics
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next