Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names

Go down 
+39
NMR_Okapi
Birdsage
Numa
WhiteLightning Wolf
sbell
Bowhead Whale
orcagirl26
LorenzoItaly
Tiermann
GoldEagle
phrog
QuollMate
AlopexLagopus
lucky luke
The-Toy-Chest
75senta75
K907
PeGe
bmathison1972
schleich61
Mastiffcat
Duck-Anch-Amun
skysthelimit
jarda
weaselfan93
Wildheart
sphyrna18
STORMnl
quagga
landrover
Joan Milelire
widukind
SommoDracorex
jhudstone
Kikimalou
Roger
SUSANNE
Ana
Froggie
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
quagga

Country/State : Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:25 am

i have the elephant. i will try to post a pic
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:31 am

Thanks bounce
Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Hopefully every information you've posted (fantastic work!) so far is now in the listing.
I also listed sets we don't know anything about except the category (thanks, jhudstone for your impressing memory!) - and maybe we can get some entries there one day.

At least the north american set shouldn't be too complicate to complete? scratch

And another question.
I bought this set recently on ebay:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and the description says:
The Serengeti National Park Series includes authentic models of these native animals: lion, giraffe, banded egyptian cobra, warthog, and the cheetah. Collect them all! Part of the National Parks of the World Collection.
Which National Park sets would that be (besides a second serengeti set to complete the 8 animals)?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 pm

I am not knowledgeable about Play Visions so take my comments as speculation. Anyway it is confusing to see 2 hyena species in dogs set. It was much more expectable to see the dhole or African painted dog for example? scratch
I know that suricate and striped hog nosed skunk doesn't belong to these groups of animals but some years ago they were classified like this so the reason why PV placed them in these sets, but hyenas with the dogs? scratch Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:40 pm

Roger wrote:
I am not knowledgeable about Play Visions so take my comments as speculation. Anyway it is confusing to see 2 hyena species in dogs set. It was much more expectable to see the dhole or African painted dog for example? scratch
I know that suricate and striped hog nosed skunk doesn't belong to these groups of animals but some years ago they were classified like this so the reason why PV placed them in these sets, but hyenas with the dogs? scratch Very Happy

I agree with you Roger about dogs and hyenas Wink The meerkat is in the viverrids, a good place for it and the Skunk was in the mustelid set, even if it is a mephitid.

I don't think the 1999 models were in earlier sets too ! We need to work more on this I guess scratch

Last edited by Kikimalou on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

I agree with you Roger about dogs and hyenas Wink The meerkat is in the viverrids, a good place for it and the Skunk was in the mustelid set, even if it is a mephitid.

I don't think the 1999 models were in earlier sets too ! We need to work more on this I guess scratch

Now that I think about it, the sculpture of the Spotted Hyena is very different from the other animals in the set.
I also have the cartboard of a reptiles set purchased new, and behind it there are the pictures of the bear set and the dog set, and there are no hyenas there study

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Hyenas are not canids indeed !

The ostrich with chicks also still need a place...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Christophe, the meerkat is a herpestid and not a viverrid, unless they changed it again? But both skunk and meerkat were already part of these 2 groups so the reason why they were placed in these sets. Also we know these 2 sets perfectly and know the species. Though, I am very satisfied with this work and I wished to see future projects like this. bounce Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:59 pm

The reason is the viiverrids and herpestids are belonging to Feliformia while the Mephitids and mustelids to Caniformia... I would be difficult, even for PV, to make a mephitid serie and even more difficult to make an herpestid one Laughing

The spotted hyena is from 1999 and is in the same style as the Sitatunga. The striped hyena is from 1996. Among 1999 products I have also a lioness... So maybe we could forget the mandrill in the African set. We already have two figures to add, the ostrich and lioness.

And still no place for the pangolin and aardvark !
Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:59 am

about the ostrich: there's also a rooster with chicks and two different coloured geese with chicks, too. Maybe more, but those are the birds I know.
Maybe there was something like a set "birds with chicks"?

I agree with the spotted hyena not belonging to the dog set. Mine has the date 1999, too - does anybody has one marked 1996? But what's the 8th dog then?

Placed the lioness in the serengeti set, since there is said to be a lion in it (and I thouhgt maybe it was the lioness). But it's not unlikely it belongs to the African set and I was wrong. Both sets are obviously from 1999 - which doesn't make this easier.

I'd really like to see this pangolin and aardvark - has somebody pics of these?
Back to top Go down
SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
The reason is the viiverrids and herpestids are belonging to Feliformia while the Mephitids and mustelids to Caniformia... I would be difficult, even for PV, to make a mephitid serie and even more difficult to make an herpestid one Laughing

The spotted hyena is from 1999 and is in the same style as the Sitatunga. The striped hyena is from 1996. Among 1999 products I have also a lioness... So maybe we could forget the mandrill in the African set. We already have two figures to add, the ostrich and lioness.

And still no place for the pangolin and aardvark !

I have a Play Visions Zebra and Hippo that are a bit larger than the other animals, the same size as the Sitatunga... maybe they come with the Pangolin and Aardvark?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:19 pm

SommoDracorex wrote:

I have a Play Visions Zebra and Hippo that are a bit larger than the other animals, the same size as the Sitatunga... maybe they come with the Pangolin and Aardvark

Maybe but I think they came with the spotted hyena Suspect
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
SommoDracorex wrote:

I have a Play Visions Zebra and Hippo that are a bit larger than the other animals, the same size as the Sitatunga... maybe they come with the Pangolin and Aardvark

Maybe but I think they came with the spotted hyena Suspect

Maybe those are from a National Park set.
For example, in Lake Mburo you can find zebras, hippos, hyenas, pangolins, aardvarks, sitatungas, etc. So you can join them all in a set. study

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Froggie wrote:
about the ostrich: there's also a rooster with chicks and two different coloured geese with chicks, too. Maybe more, but those are the birds I know.
Maybe there was something like a set "birds with chicks"?

I agree with the spotted hyena not belonging to the dog set. Mine has the date 1999, too - does anybody has one marked 1996? But what's the 8th dog then?

Placed the lioness in the serengeti set, since there is said to be a lion in it (and I thouhgt maybe it was the lioness). But it's not unlikely it belongs to the African set and I was wrong. Both sets are obviously from 1999 - which doesn't make this easier.

I'd really like to see this pangolin and aardvark - has somebody pics of these?

In the Serengeti set, the lion ia BIG model, not a lioness

The geese and hen with chicks are from the Farm set I guess

PV Pangolin from Sergey collection

PV aardvark near the zebra duiker... And a PV forest buffalo behind the black rhino calf

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:58 am

landrover wrote:
jhudstone wrote:
Quote :
Too there are two model of red fox.

I would be curious what the other one looks like.

Very wonderful!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:00 pm

SommoDracorex wrote:
widukind wrote:
SommoDracorex wrote:
I'm confused with the cats... in addition to those listed by jhudstone I also know a Bobcat, Puma, Couded Leopard and others... scratch
And this Anaconda? Ins't it part of the South American set?

I think soo, this snake is include in one of the " Wildlife of Manu Amazon" sets.

D you still have the original boxes of these figures? If yes, can you take a picture?

Here are the pics

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Prehistoric Mammals Year?
- Cave Bear
- Eobasileus
- Mammoth
- Megatherium
- Palorchestes
- Prehistoric Hyena (actually Andrewsarchus)
- Prorastomus
- Smilodon (actually Homotherium)

i need these

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:59 pm

WOW! How did I miss this topic?! Anyway, back around 2003 I made a list of all the figures I could find at the time. It's not all inclusive, but after a quick glance at the list on the first page, I can provide the following:

EXOTIC BEETLES - I have a picture of this set somewhere; once I find it, I'll post it w/ additonal info.
Carrion Beetle
Weevil (Eupholus sp.)
Fungus Beetle
Goliath Beetle (Goliathus sp.)
Jumnos ruckeri
Macrodontia cervicornis
South African Longhorn Beetle *without picture, I can't remember which one*
Woodboring Beetle - I belive a Buprestid (Metallic Woodboring Beetle / Jewel Beetle), but can't remember.

EXOTIC INSECTS - I will post picture of set (- mantis) asap.
Orange Assassin Bug (Gminatus australis)
Leaf-mimic Katydid (possibly Chondroderella sp.)
Soldier Lubber Grasshopper nymph (Chromacris speciosa)
Lanternbug (Pyrops intricata)
Leaf Insect (Phyllium bioculatum) *most likely*
Spiny Flower Mantis nymph (Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii)
Thorn-bug Treehopper (haven't identified beyond family yet)
Velvet Ant (Dasymutilla occidentalis) a.k.a. "Cow Killer"

I'll try to find all the pictures I have (many came from PlayVisions original website or distributors) and I'll take a look over the list to see if I can add anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:37 pm

A few pictures found:

WILD CATS
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Left to Right: Bobcat (Lynx rufus); Caracal (Caracal caracal); Jaguar (Panthera onca); Puma (Puma concolor); Snow Leopard (Panthera uncia) = (Uncia uncia); Cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus); Clouded Leopard (Neofelis nebulosa); Serval (Leptailurus serval)

For the sake of time, I'll forgo listing the species in the rest of the pix (most are already listed on the first page of this topic)

AFRICAN UNGULATES

ARCTIC ANIMALS

BATS

BIRDS OF PREY

CHAMELEONS & GECKOS

EXOTIC INSECTS - see species list in previous post
**Note: the Spiny Flower Mantis (Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii) is not pictured, but is part of this set ***

have to get back to some work now. I'll post more pix a little later.

Last edited by sphyrna18 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:58 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
A few pictures found

WOW! Where you found the photos?? Shocked

SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:59 pm

widukind wrote:

Very very thanks, Widu. You are really lucky to find this set!

sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:05 pm

SommoDracorex wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
A few pictures found

WOW! Where you found the photos?? Shocked

I saved them from various websites, including the official PlayVisions site, around the year 2003/2004. So I don't have pictures of most of the sets, only some. But i'll post as many as I have.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:13 pm

That's fantastic, Chad! Very Happy
Many thanks for sharing them with us. Very Happy cheers

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:16 pm

CIVETS & GENETS

**Note: The Ring-tailed Mongoose is actually a Ring-tailed Vontsira (Galidia elegans); the Binturong figure actually represents an Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus); The Abyssinian Genet (Genetta abyssinica) is not pictured here, but is a part of this set.**

Each figure is numbered. Here are the numbers (someone may want to check me on these :) )
01. African Civet (Civettictis civetta) - scale 1:14 - 1:18
02. Banded Civet (Hemigalus derbyanus) - scale 1:10 - 1:11
03. Abyssinian Genet (Genetta abyssinica) - scale 1:9
04. Spotted Linsang (Prionodon pardicolor) - scale 1:8
05. Aquatic Genet (Genetta piscivora) - scale 1:10 - 1:11
06. Ring-tailed Vontsira (Galidia elegans) - scale 1:8
07. Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) - scale 1:11 - 1:13 [sic Binturong]
08. Gray Meerkat (Suricata suricatta) - scale 1:6
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Very very interesting Very Happy Very Happy sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names   Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Visions: listing of sets, animals and scientific names
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next