Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!

Go down 
+39
A-J
LukaLeon085
Elros Alvar
black unicorn
Sergey
bojan
alexmotoc
skysthelimit
Mastiffcat
Ana
weaselfan93
MARTINLATIN
MartinH
Wildheart
Saarlooswolfhound
Robert
Bernyto
SommoDracorex
ze_neto
PeGe
trevok4
Sumo
Tiermann
ken yeo
SyLoBe
Joan Milelire
animalluvr6
Steve170
lucky luke
Yurumi
Kikimalou
widukind
HKHollinstone
sauroid
STORMnl
SUSANNE
scot(t)
Kristie
Roger
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:17 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Is it a Playvisions Susanne? scratch

The sloth is a PLAYVISIONS Roger Wink I don't know for the pen Laughing

Yes it is ! I was looking on my site (the pictures are SO *lousy*, I must have had him for ages )...and discocered that I had the guy......I even found him cheers
Very strange...he was in a chocolate box with PVs and K&Ms. sometimes I am lucky Shocked geek Laughing

The pen....from the local store, no mark, probably Made in China Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:13 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Is it a Playvisions Susanne? scratch

The sloth is a PLAYVISIONS Roger Wink I don't know for the pen Laughing

Yes it is ! I was looking on my site (the pictures are SO *lousy*, I must have had him for ages )...and discocered that I had the guy......I even found him cheers
Very strange...he was in a chocolate box with PVs and K&Ms. sometimes I am lucky Shocked geek Laughing

The pen....from the local store, no mark, probably Made in China Laughing

Laughing Laughing
Ah, it is also in Torben's site and in Christophe's website. Sometimes my brain is upside down. geek
I think the pen is Colorata! study Wink

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:22 pm

ken yeo wrote:
lucky luke wrote:
That is what I think?? study
I did a quick installation with previous images! Wink

here is the result ..... Very Happy

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 Sts_sl10

lol!

I will love to see this!! But it could be costly to do this!!

That's a very interesting and apealing idea from Lucky Luke's Studio but I'm affraid the 2 pieces would increase a lot the production cousts and also turn it much harder. :)
I think also that the figure would be commercially more atractive but that's not a very natural pose for a sloth. I believe they cannot walk like this and as Ralf commented before, babies are commonly found in ventral side of the mother and that's curious that sloth hair curves from stumach to back in opposition to most mammals. Very Happy

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:49 pm

A very interesting project, I look forward to seeing the next stage

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: 1st pictures of Mojo 2013 sloth on development!!!    Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:01 pm

It is with a huge pleasure that I share with all members of this forum the first pictures of an earlier stage of the development of the new Mojo 2013 Southern two-toed sloth! Very Happy Very Happy
I must say again thanks to James and Mojo for giving us such an amasing experience that I believe all members will enjoy.
You can find more information about the project Clicking here! study :)
Now it is our turn to show how collectors can be important in the development of a figure helping the brand turning it apealing and accurate. Very Happy Very Happy cheers
Feel free to download the pictures and give us your feedback, Mojo will follow! :)

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 JmLUW
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 PArLl
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 Tskg3
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 UchMQ
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 Sp9uA
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 90cdH
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 QELeE
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 7MN65
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 61LHL
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 XLVoA

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Squeee! It looks wonderful!

http://www.askabiologist.org.uk/

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/

http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:07 pm

cant wait to see it in colour
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Holy crap!!

that is awesome. Seriously. Just. Plain. Awesome.

kudos to mojo.

Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:36 pm

incredible!
but why the hell: the pose! Crying or Very sad

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:38 pm

I have to say, I feel ridiculous even considering the idea of giving feedback, because the figure is so lovely -- so well sculpted and so well-designed.

Also, I don't know how the process works. Would someone actually take suggestions and then resculpt? If resculpting is an undesirable option, I don't even want to sound like I am anything but utterly thrilled by the model as it is and I'm really looking forward to having it! Because I am: I am indeed completely thrilled by the model as it is and I am in fact really looking forward to having it. It is very impressive. As is.

That said, the only constructive feedback I would give is this: In all the pictures and films of sloths -- two-toed in particular -- that I've seen, they slouch. This one is very upright.

I hate myself for having even noticed that, let alone said it. But if Mojo really wants to hear our thoughts, then that was a thought that occurred to me. Aside from than that though, there was nothing much else in my head but awe and delight.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:46 pm

PeGe wrote:
incredible!

Philip I'm curious to hear more about your concern. I think my concern about the slouching (see above) is a concern about the pose. But aside from that specific element, I think the overall pose is fantastic. My view is that the pose is a great solution to a difficult problem. (The Problem: How to make a sculpt that will look nice resting on a toy store shelf, when it is a sculpt of a creature that is almost always hanging upside down from tree branches.) Mojo's solution is to put it in a tree and have it clinging to branches -- in other words, it looks natural -- but it is also a sculpt that will sit on a shelf and look nice. But that's my own first impression. I want to hear different viewpoints.

So I'm really interested to hear more from you. And I mean this as a very friendly invitation.

(and don't cry!) Very Happy

Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:56 pm

scot(t) wrote:
PeGe wrote:
incredible!

Philip I'm curious to hear more about your concern. I think my concern about the slouching (see above) is a concern about the pose. But aside from that specific element, I think the overall pose is fantastic. My view is that the pose is a great solution to a difficult problem. (The Problem: How to make a sculpt that will look nice resting on a toy store shelf, when it is a sculpt of a creature that is almost always hanging upside down from tree branches.) Mojo's solution is to put it in a tree and have it clinging to branches -- in other words, it looks natural -- but it is also a sculpt that will sit on a shelf and look nice. But that's my own first impression. I want to hear different viewpoints.

So I'm really interested to hear more from you. And I mean this as a very friendly invitation.

(and don't cry!) Very Happy

Very Happy
I don't cry. You already answered your own question: an animal that is usually hanging arould in trees looks odd when it's posing like a monkey,...So an exceptional pose is.....an exceptional pose.
I'd prefer a hanging sloth, with or without trunk. A figurine you could hang wherever you want without making it look unnatural!
sloths are very popular at the moment and i can imagine buyers putting it into their living room plants!
I also like sloths and unfortunately i still don't have the Hausser one as it's still best in my eyes.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:10 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

What i see!! My first absolutly Must Have for 2013 sunny cheers sunny cheers sunny cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:12 pm

So cute!

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks people, I see that before reviewing the details is still in discussion the gravity problem.
That's not a finished figure and we have the chance of giving our opinions turn turn it even better.
This 3-toed sloth found a way to be sitting in a school desk and we can study a way to make it look more natural if it really doesn't look. Scott pointed a very interesting detail, those are shelf figures and not boxed figures. The same reason why we know so many other figures with spread legs, simple poses, legs with different lengths, hooves with irregular shapes, we have the chance to help the brand finding a good compromiss between our wishes and a good product for the company! cheers
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 Sloth_sitting_school_desk
scratch monkey study Suspect pirat affraid Suspect scratch study monkey

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:51 pm

PeGe wrote:

You already answered your own question: an animal that is usually hanging arould in trees looks odd when it's posing like a monkey,...So an exceptional pose is.....an exceptional pose.
I'd prefer a hanging sloth, with or without trunk. A figurine you could hang wherever you want without making it look unnatural!
sloths are very popular at the moment and i can imagine buyers putting it into their living room plants!
I also like sloths and unfortunately i still don't have the Hausser one as it's still best in my eyes.

I understand; that all makes sense Philip. Thank you! Very Happy

I also think the Hausser is amazing. The Sloth there looks great. I hope you get it! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Ohhhhhh !!!!! affraid

A good friend of mine said : Don`t wish your life away", - so I won`t wish it was 2013 soon, - but.... I look SO much forward to getting that sloth Laughing Laughing

Like Scott says, it COULD "hang" a bit more ( I can`t spell slor..slou..hang Wink ). But I will LOVE it all the same cheers

Roger, you must tell that sloth that it is not healthy for his back to slo..sla..hang..too much at the computer ! Suspect Suspect Laughing

PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:54 pm

btw: what creature shows it's head and some parts of it's ears on the right side of the pictures? bounce question

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 11:42 pm

PeGe wrote:
btw: what creature shows it's head and some parts of it's ears on the right side of the pictures? bounce question

WOW! YES !!!!!!

Is it a mastodon ???????? bounce bounce drunken

STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:55 am

thats a very nice model

but i see a very very very intrsting model at the background

i think i see the head of the new deinotherium

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:56 am

and looking again,,and looking closer,,

yes it's the deinotherium

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Yes, I also am almost sure that it is the deinotherium, that's not a secret that Mojo is releasing a Deinotherium to be launched in 2013. Mojo is giving us a bonus! elephant
But the focus is the sloth. So, if we are able of giving our imput in a timely way I'm sure more projects will follow! bounce Very Happy

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:03 pm

Hello Roger and thank you very much with the info. I think there are some items to improve to the figure. For me the body seems really well made. If changing the pose is not possible I think the head must be smaller and not so ... i don't know how to say it in English, but as Scott said sloths pose must be lazier.
i don't know if that's correct but I modified with photoshop some pictures. If its not right I will edit and erase the pictures :)
In the pictures I'm expressing what i want to say:

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 Jmluw10

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 Tskg310

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 Uchmq10

Maybe the back must be more curved too because the "new" head position

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Abu Rai wrote:

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 Tskg310

Maybe the back must be more curved too because the "new" head position

Yes ! Yes ! This is much, much better !. If the back curves some more, that is it !!!! bounce bounce cheers

Now, after pointing at some opportunities for improvement, - the fur is fantastic Very Happy

ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Hey guys, I think I can offer some ideas because there are some sloths on the neighborhood I live (in fact, a cousin of mine literally has one of them living in a tree in front of in her bedroom's window).
Sloths do basically two things their whole life: they sleep and eat. When sleeping, they really go upside down for hours... BUT when they feed (or climb), they enjoy a good sitting. So, the position is not absurd.
With all due respect, I don't like it looking down, "lazier" position. Inspite the name, they are not lazy at all, They do look downward, but it is not common (there isn't much for them on the floor). They prefer to look upwards, because there are the leaves they need.
I enjoyed the prototype Mojo presented, and I'll gladly place it in my collection, but the pose is, indeed, unnatural. If it's a problem, a good option would be placing its head upwards over one shoulder (pretty much like an egyptian figure) and, if possible, rasing one of its arms, as if it was trying to get a leaf or found a branch and is moving towards it. When they they do such moves they even strecht their claws, which would certainly give character to the figurine.
That's something near what I'm thinking:
Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 DB73CA73CFA3AABBE0EBECB8C258BF

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next