Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!

Go down 
+39
A-J
LukaLeon085
Elros Alvar
black unicorn
Sergey
bojan
alexmotoc
skysthelimit
Mastiffcat
Ana
weaselfan93
MARTINLATIN
MartinH
Wildheart
Saarlooswolfhound
Robert
Bernyto
SommoDracorex
ze_neto
PeGe
trevok4
Sumo
Tiermann
ken yeo
SyLoBe
Joan Milelire
animalluvr6
Steve170
lucky luke
Yurumi
Kikimalou
widukind
HKHollinstone
sauroid
STORMnl
SUSANNE
scot(t)
Kristie
Roger
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:47 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
PeGe wrote:
btw: what creature shows it's head and some parts of it's ears on the right side of the pictures? bounce question

WOW! YES !!!!!!

Is it a mastodon ???????? bounce bounce drunken

It's a Deinotherium, I think What a Face

Bernyto

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Impressive figure but I think like Joan, the head does not have to be so straight .. should have it a little more horizontal, always in my humble opinion
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:07 pm

I like him! I don't know a lot about Sloths, but his head and neck position look much like the little schoolboy Sloth. Mojo has a slight hint of a smile. I think he needs a bigger smile. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:49 pm

ze_neto wrote:
Hey guys, I think I can offer some ideas because there are some sloths on the neighborhood I live (in fact, a cousin of mine literally has one of them living in a tree in front of in her bedroom's window).
Sloths do basically two things their whole life: they sleep and eat. When sleeping, they really go upside down for hours... BUT when they feed (or climb), they enjoy a good sitting. So, the position is not absurd.
With all due respect, I don't like it looking down, "lazier" position. Inspite the name, they are not lazy at all, They do look downward, but it is not common (there isn't much for them on the floor). They prefer to look upwards, because there are the leaves they need.
I enjoyed the prototype Mojo presented, and I'll gladly place it in my collection, but the pose is, indeed, unnatural. If it's a problem, a good option would be placing its head upwards over one shoulder (pretty much like an egyptian figure) and, if possible, rasing one of its arms, as if it was trying to get a leaf or found a branch and is moving towards it. When they they do such moves they even strecht their claws, which would certainly give character to the figurine.
That's something near what I'm thinking:
http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/47/DB73CA73CFA3AABBE0EBECB8C258BF.jpg

Thanks for the info! I think this model looks wonderful. I just think he shoudnt look like he is so alert. They are lazy animals and to bend the back a little would make it perfect! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Robert

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
PeGe wrote:
btw: what creature shows it's head and some parts of it's ears on the right side of the pictures? bounce question

WOW! YES !!!!!!

Is it a mastodon ???????? bounce bounce drunken
Deinotherium head??!! Super!!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:03 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Like Scott says, it COULD "hang" a bit more ( I can`t spell slor..slou..hang Wink ).

By 'slouch' I meant exactly what others have said -- that is, to have the back more curved. If I'm understanding Joan's suggestion (and photoshopped pictures), it is to put the head lower (and not actually make the head smaller). That makes the spine curve (and the sloth slouch). As Kristie puts it, he looks a bit like a proper schoolboy. In America, sometimes we smack teenagers and tell them not to slouch so much. (Kidding about the smacking.)

I like what ze_neto (José, right?) said a lot though. If the animal were somehow reaching slightly, that might be perfect. In any case, it doesn't need to look lazy to look more relaxed. And most importantly, I think it looks great as it is. I think many of us clearly think it's wonderful, but that, when we are being asked to be critical, we have noticed that the figure looks a bit more upright in its posture than we would expect from a sloth. A "reaching" pose might solve this problem.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:47 pm

A lot of things, good things Wink , have already been said about the pose and I can agree with Scott, José...

My problem, yes I have one, is the head I guess. I was searching for a few days now and maybe I find what disturbed me first. I really like the big snout of this unau model but maybe the eyes need to be a bit bigger and closer to the snout ?

Nevertheless, a looking upward head would be great Wink

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 SuperStock_4201-77844

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 Sloth2

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 Sloth

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 28379
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:14 pm

i do like the sloth
i see when i see the puma,
MOJO is on his way to become big,very big

fantastic animals they make
can't wait to see more of the collection

Martien

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:21 am

Not sure, but I almost feel that maybe the head should tilt a little bit to one side, like it is considering moving, or a leaf to eat. The reaching is a good suggestion. I just love the fur detail! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:47 am

Very cute!

I agree with Christophe, the eyes need to be lower down, nearer the snout and slightly bigger too. I love Joan's customising work.

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:25 am

Kikimalou wrote:
A lot of things, good things Wink , have already been said about the pose and I can agree with Scott, José...

My problem, yes I have one, is the head I guess. I was searching for a few days now and maybe I find what disturbed me first. I really like the big snout of this unau model but maybe the eyes need to be a bit bigger and closer to the snout ?

Nevertheless, a looking upward head would be great Wink

I'm agreed with Christophe.
seeing the pictures Christophe post I think the snout is too bulky and too sunken eyes. It would seem better if the whole face was flatter, without so much relief.
I think also that Ze comments are very useful.
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:35 am

I vote for the tilted head and raising arm.
Plus the head looks bizzarely unnatral. Change the eyes and possibly the facial hair.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:54 am

I am very impressed by the comments, but also a little confused, esp about the face. scratch

Are we all remembering that we are talking about * the southern two toed sloth * ?

José, WOW! You have these lovely and strange creatures where you live affraid
Well, of course SOMBODY have them around, - to me sloths are like a fairytale, so it is an eye-opener to realize that you do Laughing

I will never forget once I visited some friends in USA, and they had both a possum and a racoon in the garden now and then Laughing Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:20 pm

A few more pics to explain my point

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 PArLl

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 Slothcloseup2toed

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 Img_8792

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 800_7425
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Some more...

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 UchMQ

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 Unau

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 4247889996_e36a437dc7_o
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Oh, this is fantastic model!! can´t wait!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Susanne, I live close to a piece of the Atlantic Forest, so many animals can be spotted. In my backyard there are some opossums and marmosets; there are caymans on a nearby canal There are some squirrels on the forest, but unlike those of Northern Hemisphere they're totally shy almost never show themselves.
I really like the sloths. They're lovely animals and, as I said before, not lazy at all.

SUSANNE wrote:
I am very impressed by the comments, but also a little confused, esp about the face. scratch

Are we all remembering that we are talking about * the southern two toed sloth * ?

José, WOW! You have these lovely and strange creatures where you live affraid
Well, of course SOMBODY have them around, - to me sloths are like a fairytale, so it is an eye-opener to realize that you do Laughing

I will never forget once I visited some friends in USA, and they had both a possum and a racoon in the garden now and then Laughing Laughing

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 1:38 am

Thanks to all that are helping in the review, I'm sure we will end all proud of our contributions. Joan, good photoshops are very appreciated in Mojo Kingdom! Very Happy
Next days my free time will be very limited so here goes my humble contribution. Very Happy

POSE
Although it was not my favorite pose once I wanted it walking or dragging I must say that I like the sitting pose, it is even more common than the pose I wanted. 2-toed sloths are nocturnal mammals and as José pointed they usually take a good sitting to eat. It happens often in sloths life but, as two-toed sloths are nocturnal creatures obviously it is hard to find pictures of it. The sitting pose is a good choice for us and the brand now we must find a way to make it look natural. They seem to find a sitting pose that makes them to look like a nest as you can see in some pictures previously here posted. That's the pose we need to work and we are happy seeing a modern brand making a sloth. Very Happy

Proportions
As it is hard to find pictures matching the pose it is also hard to judge the proportions. The head looks some big to me, however we don't know the size of the figure and the head would turn too small to make a detailed face.
Two-toed sloths have all limbs almost the same size in opposition to three-toed sloths but I think only Mojo can check it. To me it looks the arms are longer than the legs but it can be only illusive.

Snout
When we cannot see the claws on forelimbs we can distinguish both genus of sloths by the lack of a tail in 2-toed sloths or seeing the snout. As Susanne pointed correctly, 2-toed sloths have somewhat proeminent snouts being not as flatened as in 3-toed. So if we enshorten it too much we loose one of the characteristics of this creature.

EYES
I also agree that eyes need to be larger and closer to the snout. Maybe not placing the eyes lower on face but the snout in a higher on a more central position in relation to the head. Also the eys need to drop like surrounding the snout but first we need to get a good pose and proportions and I'm sure the details of the face are the last to be developed.

FUR
I think the work with the fur is very good, the inversion of the fur is correctly done and the hairs are long enough once 2-toed sloths have them longer than 3-toed sloths.

Some pictures of 2-toed sloths

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 400x-two-toe-sloth
My favourite pose, Hoffmann's

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 Two-toed-sloth
Hoffmann's face - very similar

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 Sloth
Close up of the face of a Linne's

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 0
Hoffmann's in a tree

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 Coltwo_toed_sloth.jpg?w=620
Linne's sloth

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:39 am

O MY WOW
FANTASTIC !!!!! CANT WAIT TO HAVE IT TOO......
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:47 am

I think everything is ok except the eyes need to be bigger. Anyway still a prototype!

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Thank you for sharing the pictures Roger cheers This is a really exciting project! I greatly admire Mojo for their collaboration with us collectors!

I think making the minor changes mentioned would make this perfect, a brilliant sculpt already!!

weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: sloth   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:14 pm

lets not forget the super rare K&M record breakers tube three-toed sloth

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 Three-toed-sloth-by-kandampm-64886
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:14 pm

Wonderful specie I love you I love you Very Happy So wonderful to see the work in progress. Work on so nice and cute figure Very Happy Hooray for Mojo cheers cheers

First when I saw this sloth figure I thought: absolutely phenomenal specie choice drunken , beautiful details sunny and so cute face cat
... but
... but
... but for the pose I would prefer classic hanging....
Yes, well, I still think I would prefer hanging pose but I'm getting use to this sitting one. I think it is good. And after small changes on face and perhaps neck, as our friends suggest, this model will be really amazing I think Very Happy

A Sloth living in the garden? Wow this must be great Ze neto drunken Very Happy I must say I'm green on envy alien alien Wink Green as a fur on some sloth's back Wink bounce

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:11 am

ana wrote:

A Sloth living in the garden? Wow this must be great Ze neto drunken Very Happy I must say I'm green on envy alien alien Wink Green as a fur on some sloth's back Wink bounce

My wife said she doesn't envy anybody, she said she had a sloth in her house... But where is he... I don't know confused Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:50 am

Kikimalou wrote:
ana wrote:

My wife said she doesn't envy anybody, she said she had a sloth in her house... But where is he... I don't know confused Laughing Laughing

lol! lol! lol!
Very domesticated sloth I guess Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!   Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo 2013 Sloth painted and repainted!!!
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next