Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

News from Schleich

Go down 
+22
WILLYBACOMAN
remrock02
Arrakai
Sergey
Miss Mufflon
Wildheart
Numa
Kiryuha
ken yeo
Kikimalou
Suebeedo
Roger
smhilin
diversity
Zwartvoet
Siobhan
SUSANNE
Ana
schmidtchenschleich
Nova
HKHollinstone
Admin
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

News from Schleich - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Schleichzoo wrote:
...I dont think I can contain the excitement any longer.....the pain is unbearable! Very Happy
Hold on, Numaan! :)
But tell me, is the list of Schleich-2011 all that you need to have your peace of mind back? Wink Or the pain is unbearable because you're not sure if you like all of the new stuff?
Probably a bit of both. I know I'm always happy whatever comes out Very Happy There's always something I love.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:59 am

Kiryuha wrote:
Schleichzoo wrote:
...I dont think I can contain the excitement any longer.....the pain is unbearable! Very Happy
Hold on, Numaan! :)
But tell me, is the list of Schleich-2011 all that you need to have your peace of mind back? Wink Or the pain is unbearable because you're not sure if you like all of the new stuff?

Lol its a bit of both really......Hollingstone is right. Oh well lets wait and see...I havent bought any Schleich since Jan 2010 and I am itching to get my hands on some more but actually my aniticipation each year is to see what new models are coming but in particular if there will be any antelope or other hoofed animals......I think we are sooo overdue for a Male Gazelle amongst others....oh well.....
Back to top Go down
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:40 am

For me it's just that I wanna know what's coming out. I've never been really disappointed with Schleich, except maybe in 2009 when only 4 new horses came out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Probably a bit of both. I know I'm always happy whatever comes out Very Happy There's always something I love.
Well, for me there's always something I love as well. But the vital question is - how MANY new figures will I like??? If there'll be more than 10 "personal hits", I'd be ver-r-ry glad. But if only 2-3 must- that'd be too bad... Wink
2-3 "personal must-haves" each year - it's the level of Papo for me, while Schleich usually releases more hits.

Schleichzoo wrote:
Lol its a bit of both really......Hollingstone is right. Oh well lets wait and see...I havent bought any Schleich since Jan 2010 and I am itching to get my hands on some more but actually my aniticipation each year is to see what new models are coming but in particular if there will be any antelope or other hoofed animals...
Did you mean you had already bought all the Schleich-2010 stuff you like in January??? And didn't leave nothing interesting for the rest of the year? :) Shocked

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:39 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
Lol its a bit of both really......Hollingstone is right. Oh well lets wait and see...I havent bought any Schleich since Jan 2010 and I am itching to get my hands on some more but actually my aniticipation each year is to see what new models are coming but in particular if there will be any antelope or other hoofed animals...
Did you mean you had already bought all the Schleich-2010 stuff you like in January??? And didn't leave nothing interesting for the rest of the year? :) Shocked [/quote]

Yes I bought all the new 2010 wildlife models in batches over Jan/Feb actually. I couldnt wait! I only collect the wildlife models anyway so there werent that many models. I will try to control myself this year lol.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:52 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
Yes I bought all the new 2010 wildlife models in batches over Jan/Feb actually. I couldnt wait! I only collect the wildlife models anyway so there werent that many models. I will try to control myself this year lol.
Oh, I see Wink
This is not my case anyway. I couldn't have bought all the wild animals I like at once even if I wanted and had enough money for it. The reason is that I examine every figurine scrupulously to choose the ones with no damage and painting flaws. And sometimes I can search through 5- 6 variants of the same model and reject all of them.
This is what had been happening with the Schleich drinking giraffe. I've been looking for an undamaged and well-painted one since 2009 and have found the one I like only in last October! The main problems with the drinking giraffe are the tips of its muzzle and horns - the paint is often scraped off there...
And I've still not bought Schleich tapir 'cause all the figures I held in my hands were damaged, can you believe it!

Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:19 pm

[quote="Kiryuha"]
Schleichzoo wrote:
The main problems with the drinking giraffe are the tips of its muzzle and horns - the paint is often scraped off there...
And I've still not bought Schleich tapir 'cause all the figures I held in my hands were damaged, can you believe it!

My goodness you sound just like me. I do exactly the same thing. I will go into a shop and examine all the figures on display to find the right one. I sometimes feel embrarrassed actually if the shop keeper or customers are standing nearby. I feel like an adult trying to be a kid by trying to find the perfect model but hey at least you understand where I am coming from.

In regards to the 2010 models I examined them across a couple of stores and found perfect models. In fact one of my local stores actually received a batch of GERMAN models for some reason because I immediately noticed the difference in paintwork on models on display. The German ones were either sent by mistake or Schleich was waiting for a Chinese delivery but whatever the case I got lucky and found all my models in perfect condition. The delivery was new so other customers didnt get a chance to touch the figures much. I always check with my local store.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
My goodness you sound just like me. I do exactly the same thing. I will go into a shop and examine all the figures on display to find the right one.
Oh, I'm sure we're not alone here, at the forum :)

Schleichzoo wrote:
In fact one of my local stores actually received a batch of GERMAN models for some reason because I immediately noticed the difference in paintwork on models on display. The German ones were either sent by mistake or Schleich was waiting for a Chinese delivery but whatever the case I got lucky and found all my models in perfect condition...
This happened once here in Kiev too.
As to scratches and so on, I tend to blame transportation and storage issues, not customers' hands touching Wink

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:09 pm

I do the same thing, look at all the models to pick out the best one.
Every year, if I can afford it, I buy all the new horses I like and cattle. Then the rest of the year is collecting the wildlife I like.
I bought my Tapir off the internet, I was lucky it was a perfect condition. Mind you, all the models that I've bought from that particular site have been in perfect condition, so I think they must check the models over before sending them maybe?
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

Country/State : NL

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:16 pm

I try to buy the new horses every year as soon as possible. I use a webshop wich sends the schleich in original wrapping.

And I know a little shop where i worked one summer, there i always choose my horses in the storrage, not in the shop. She calls me every time when new horses arive.

I bought 2010 horses all but one in february.
Back to top Go down
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Same for me Zwartvoet, I have to get the horses as soon as possible. There's this Finnish online shop that sometimes gets the January models before all the ordinary shops do, but sometimes they don't. This year the Friesian stallion didn't arrive until March or April or something, you can imagine how furious I was since I'd been waiting for Schleich to make a Friesian stallion ever since I started collecting them!
When I buy from a regular shop I examine all the possible options of the same model that there is – if I didn't I'd bring home horses with bended legs, mysterious brown streaks and biiiiig scratches on them. One of the members in a Finnish Schleich forum even told us that she once saw a Pinto stallion who had lost his tail! She didn't buy it of course...
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:17 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
...I bought my Tapir off the internet, I was lucky it was a perfect condition. Mind you, all the models that I've bought from that particular site have been in perfect condition, so I think they must check the models over before sending them maybe?
Oh, you were really lucky then! Tapis are too hard to choose, indeed.

Zwartvoet wrote:
And I know a little shop where i worked one summer, there i always choose my horses in the storrage, not in the shop. She calls me every time when new horses arive.
To be able to choose in the storage is a perfect solution! But I'm sure that no shop-keeper in Kiev will allow me to do it:)

Siobhan wrote:
...There's this Finnish online shop that sometimes gets the January models before all the ordinary shops do, but sometimes they don't. ...
When I buy from a regular shop I examine all the possible options of the same model that there is – if I didn't I'd bring home horses with bended legs, mysterious brown streaks and biiiiig scratches on them. One of the members in a Finnish Schleich forum even told us that she once saw a Pinto stallion who had lost his tail! She didn't buy it of course...
That's why I don't like buying figures online! If you don't choose them in person, chances are high you'll get those streaks or scratches. Moreover, the painting itself often differs (from darker to lighter, etc.), and not every variation can match my personal taste. Cool

Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

Country/State : NL

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:14 pm

Kiryuha wrote:

Zwartvoet wrote:
To be able to choose in the storage is a perfect solution! But I'm sure that no shop-keeper in Kiev will allow me to do it:)

[

It is just how i ask it, when I came in that shop for the first time she was working in the storage side of her shop. I went straigt to the storrage en afterwards to her shop. A few days ago i also went to an other shop, i explained why i was there en she also showed me the stockboxes. I'm speaking about small shops.

@ Siobhan, i missed the Frisian stallion to for a while. But i buy both the made in Germany and the Made in China versions. The made in Germany Frisian stallion had no problems, i had to wait for the China version for months
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:05 am

[quote="Zwartvoet"]
Kiryuha wrote:

But i buy both the made in Germany and the Made in China versions. The made in Germany Frisian stallion had no problems, i had to wait for the China version for months

I think it is also good to have a selection of China, Portugal and German models just for variation purposes. Its a good idea
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:07 am

Those with Portugal sculpted are the best... are Premium!:)
I don't know if it is true but it will be nice see some differences between a figurine made in 3 different countries!
I think that the tapir is from 2010 but has 3 versions... correct?
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Well it's 3rd of November and we still can't see any Schleich 2011 Sad How long we have to wait for our drug Laughing ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:54 am

The news i there now, but now we need some pics, to see if the new stuff is as we would like to see.... Laughing

diversity

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:15 pm

... Neutral

Torben, November is as good as over and we still have no news from you what developed from your contact with this Schleich-lady! I'm so anxious to hear if Schleich wants to hear the collectors' (our Wink ) opinions. Do you still have no news for us?

please, please, tell us all news you know about this :)

best greets to you all,
Frederik Very Happy

merry advent season to you and have fun with your christmas shopping Wink santa
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:36 pm

diversity wrote:
... Neutral

Torben, November is as good as over and we still have no news from you what developed from your contact with this Schleich-lady! I'm so anxious to hear if Schleich wants to hear the collectors' (our Wink ) opinions. Do you still have no news for us?

please, please, tell us all news you know about this :)

best greets to you all,
Frederik Very Happy

merry advent season to you and have fun with your christmas shopping Wink santa

Hi Frederik,

i´m very sorry, but i haven´t heard something new from Schleich.

Torben
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
schmidtchenschleich

Country/State : Germany NRW

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:18 pm

When Your Contact from Schleich is named Bianca Sch...
Then I could say, that is normaly for her.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:37 am

Admin wrote:
...today i was very surprised. In the afternoon i got a call from a staff member of Schleich. She asked me a lot of things about collecting, trading, selling older figurines, how to buy and many more. It seems Schleich has recognized that there are not only kids but many older collectors worldwide.
I became the permission to use the Schleich logo and photos and i will become next month a new DVD with high-resolution pics from their complete product line from 2011 and some surprises, i will tell later.
Torben
By the way, who knows the further destiny of the above mentioned contacts with Schleich? Has someone here been communicating with that Schleich staff member???

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News from Schleich   News from Schleich - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

News from Schleich
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4