Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My second African shelf display

Go down 
+10
ToxicHyena
Sergey
SUSANNE
aandmkw
Roger
ken yeo
Nova
HKHollinstone
WILLYBACOMAN
Kiryuha
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sebillba

sebillba

Country/State : Southsea, UK

My second African shelf display - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 10:26 am

Fantastic display!! cheers cheers Some really great ideas there..... simple, but very effective. I love seeing the chimps peeping through the tree foliage! monkey You daughter is very lucky having this set up in her bedroom. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 4:31 pm

Thank you, friends!

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Wonderful diorama Kirill, I love it!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:12 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Wonderful diorama Kirill, I love it!
I'm glad you like it, Harriet!

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 3:20 pm

Yes, it's very lovely diorama :) Congratulations Kirill Very Happy But have You any news perhaps from Your dioramas? I would love to see more photos of Your imaginative shelves Very Happy bounce cheers

One day, maybe, You could also share some closer shots of Bully vulture? I consider buying this one but I'm not sure yet :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:32 pm

ana wrote:
But have You any news perhaps from Your dioramas? I would love to see more photos of Your imaginative shelves Very Happy bounce cheers
One day, maybe, You could also share some closer shots of Bully vulture? I consider buying this one but I'm not sure yet :)
Thanx for appreciation, Ana!
I've been making a remodelling in my apartment, so had no time for my displays Sad Moreover, I had to dismantle this African cabinet. I've taken final pics of it and will post them soon.
I'll try to find time for the Bully vulture but don't know when Sad To my mind the vulture is too large and the paintwork is not top-of-class.

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Last pics of my African cabinet display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:16 pm

When making a remodeling in my apartment I had to dismantle my second African display (the old cabinet it was located in has left to dumping ground). All its animals now have a rest in boxes Sad
I took some final pictures and want to post them here as a farewell or swansong of my Africa-in-a-cabinet.

Here's a photo from below (without flash, as I prefer to do):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Low angle close-up - as it looks from my daughters' bed:

General view from above:

Yeah, the display became a bit too crowded in two years - you can compare it with how it looked at the beginning.

And here's the picture I've taken for Mojo photo contest. It's called "This prey is too much..."

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Great pictures Kirill, Mojo hippo and Papo hippo are beautiful pair cheers All scene was very beautiful Very Happy

I'm sure sooner or later You will find place for Your animals, even in newly arranged house Very Happy And for me it is always very nice feeling when I take my animals out of the box: I discover how nice they are again and again Very Happy Wink

Oh, and thank You for the advice about Bully vulture, I think I will wait with buying it or not buy it at all :)

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:31 pm

Kiryuha wrote:

And here's the picture I've taken for Mojo photo contest. It's called "This prey is too much..."

lol!
Great pictures and displays, Kiril! Very Happy

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Ana, Roger, thanx!

ana wrote:
Mojo hippo and Papo hippo are beautiful pair cheers
Yes, they certainly are! Papo male hippo looks much more better with Mojo female than Schleich hippo.

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Ana, Roger, thanx!

ana wrote:
Mojo hippo and Papo hippo are beautiful pair cheers
Yes, they certainly are! Papo male hippo looks much more better with Mojo female than Schleich hippo.

cheers cheers

Pangolinia

Country/State : Japan

PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Kirill, thank you very much for sharing the beautiful photos of your great African shelf !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy elephant

As you mentioned when you welcomed me, we're very similar in the way of displaying. :)
[quote="Kiryuha"] "I like your shelves very much and I'm especially glad that we use similar approach to displaying our collections - zoogeographically divided and decorated with tree models and artificial plants. Even our water ponds resemble each other."

And one more, I have two little daughters, and the idea of showing them this beautiful animal world was the first motivation for me to come here in STS.
This could also be the common point between us!! :) Very Happy sunny sunny

I'm very sorry your shelf in the pics doesn't exist any more, but I totally agree with Ana, you'll find new place for them sooner or later, and re-create the wild kingdom again !! sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Pangolinia wrote:
And one more, I have two little daughters, and the idea of showing them this beautiful animal world was the first motivation for me to come here in STS.
This could also be the common point between us!! :) Very Happy sunny sunny
:) Yeah, showing the beautiful wildlife to my kids is a good motivator. By the way, I have only one daughter, but two little sons in addition :) :)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My second African shelf display   My second African shelf display - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My second African shelf display
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2