Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The "Incredible prices" topic

Go down 
+58
Birdsage
thebritfarmer
Pardofelis
George
rogerpgvg
pipsxlch
Bonnie
Saarlooswolfhound
SyLoBe
1claire
WhiteLightning Wolf
tiopesao
Anne from Norway
landrover
NightLioness
sauroid
TheLastStardust
Wilorvise
Kikimalou
ken yeo
SUSANNE
Ana
Tarunyada
costicuba
Florian
widukind
elephas_maximus
jarda
sortepletter
stecal
Damon
AuntK
75senta75
DaveScriv
Bongo
Takama
MARTINLATIN
ida
JonasV
Elros Alvar
skysthelimit
TheSpottedCat
Sergey
orcagirl26
AlienMantis
Lennart
LeeAnn
arafan
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
scot(t)
Geospiza fortis
Tiermann
PeGe
Chris Sweetman
schleich61
Mastiffcat
Admin
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2024 9:39 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
...of course and I understand some of us are in love with flocked Wagner critters but they are really out of my realm.

Yes, they are quite cute, but I don't collect them either.
But, with your posting you have launched a very interesting topic. Very Happy

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 3:39 am

75senta75 wrote:
You can find very interesting information about the flocked animals by company Fritz Wagner
and its "Künstlerschutz animals on this dollhouse collector's homepage.

arrow [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is a summary of the text in English. My English isn't that good, so the AI helped me a lot.... study

In 1973, the production lineup of Fritz Wagner KG included approximately 200 animal models crafted by Animal Miniatures
and Artistic Workshops in Rödental-Coburg Germany. These were showcased at the 9th Salon Souvenir and Gift in Wiesbaden,
offering a comprehensive view of the collection to customers worldwide.

The animal models were sculpted by Fritz Wagner, an academic sculptor and the company's founder.
About 50 employees handcrafted zoo, forest, and domestic animals, along with exotics and dogs.
These animals ranged in size from three to 25 centimeters and were made from an unbreakable
hard-cast material coated with plastic. The painting was done by hand.

Since 1956, approximately 1,600 dozen animals were produced per week, as mentioned by the
Wechselberger couple, the company owners, in a conversation with the editorial team of DAS SPIELZEUG.
About 70 percent of the total production from Rödental was sold for export, particularly to the USA, Australia,
South Africa, and European Community countries.

Main buyers included national and wildlife parks, zoological gardens, souvenir shops, and toy stores.
At that time, there was a high demand for squirrel models in six different sizes, dogs and cats in baskets,
and the standard animal collection.

The sale of these animal models in the United States experienced a significant surge after
President Richard Nixon received a rare panda couple as a gift during his trip to China.

Source: Das Spielzeug, November 1973, p. 1685 and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

arrow More interesting information about Fritz Wagner - Künstlerschutz animals and the label you can find here in English:
in English you can find here:

flower Some price examples in Germany:

Yvette thank you very much for all this information and these links!! I shall take my time savouring all of this:)

sunny study drunken
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 10:45 am

Kleinwelka elephant was sold 705€ affraid
Ten years ago I had the opportunity to buy the complete series of 6 animals for 70€ and I passed it up. Palmface Palmface Palmface
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 11:34 am

That is a laconic example. We could list simpler examples of missed opportunities, but when we are collectors and not sellers, what drives us is acquiring the figure we like, not the one we perceive as a future business opportunity. I believe many of us were aware that the Papo albino gorilla would increase value shortly, nobody thought it would be a figure that would stay in the catalog for a long time. However, many of us, myself included, just because we didn't desire it in our collection, ended up not buying it. I know the gorilla has never achieved this amount, I'm just examplifying something we could find easily in local shops.

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 6:11 pm

And yet it has sold for this price...
What animals does the collection consist of?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 7:53 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
And yet it has sold for this price...
What animals does the collection consist of?

Roger wrote:
That is a laconic example. We could list simpler examples of missed opportunities, but when we are collectors and not sellers, what drives us is acquiring the figure we like, not the one we perceive as a future business opportunity. I believe many of us were aware that the Papo albino gorilla would increase value shortly, nobody thought it would be a figure that would stay in the catalog for a long time. However, many of us, myself included, just because we didn't desire it in our collection, ended up not buying it. I know the gorilla has never achieved this amount, I'm just examplifying something we could find easily in local shops.

Well, actually I wanted these models, not for business but for collecting but I was a bit broken at the time they were sold
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 8:42 pm

I realized that, Christophe. I was just presenting two contrasting perspectives. Moreover, there's nothing wrong with buying a figure as a future investment. I even say that the most efficient method of collecting is to create a balance between the two worlds. Leveraging our experience to make some sales in order to minimize our expenses with the hobby so that it doesn't restrict us from other more essential expenses, and also to have the ability to acquire what we truly want for our collection. I always want to do it but it requires a mindset that I'm still looking for. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 8:54 pm

The same for me Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 19 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:32 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Kleinwelka elephant was sold 705€ affraid
Ten years ago I had the opportunity to buy the complete series of 6 animals for 70€ and I passed it up. Palmface Palmface Palmface

Figures by a "brand" not far away. I am happy that there is no special specie included.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Incredible prices" topic   The "Incredible prices" topic - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Incredible prices" topic
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19