Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+10
Florian
widukind
lucky luke
Tiermann
Roger
Joan Milelire
Ana
Taos
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:01 am

Some of us have already noticed, even caught Wink, the magnificent Brown bear produced by KITAN CLUB this year. On this Brown bear year ( 2 SCHLEICH and one PAPO), I think the Japanese one is at the top of the crown king

Here are a few pics !
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:49 am

Indeed a magnificent bear !!!! Shocked
It truly looks like a live bear !!!! cheers

Please will you tell us a little about this model, - is it a puzzle ? Hollow ? Very Happy
I only have one Kitan Club model, which is very light.

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:51 am

What a fantastic bear!!!!So detailed and wonderful pose!!ApplauseApplauseApplause
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:45 pm

It's perfect bear figure! cheers Thank you for walk around Kiki!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 1:38 pm

I like the body sculpting very much, seems a real one. is much bigger than the safari one? (I don't know if you have it to make the comparison)

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:10 pm

I like that figure since the first official pictures! It is an excelent bear replica and your pictures show it perfectly. It is only a pitty that it is from a Japanese brand. Very Happy

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:22 pm

That's a very realistic looking bear, one of the best I've seen

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Taos wrote:
What a fantastic bear!!!!So detailed and wonderful pose!!ApplauseApplauseApplause

I love you Applause cheers Cool 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:16 pm

A very nice bear figurine!! Thank for the pics Kiki Applause Applause Applause Applause 

But why have this bear so a visible line around his neck???!!?Sad Sad Sad Sad 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:31 pm

widukind wrote:

Is the line so much visible? It's very thin line I think scratch And it seems to be subspecies of brown bear, from Japan: Ussuri brown bear  Ursus arctos lasiotus Wink

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

Is the line so much visible? It's very thin line I think :scratch:And it seems to be subspecies of brown bear, from Japan: Ussuri brown bear  Ursus arctos lasiotus Wink

You mean i should scratch scratch Cool Cool 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:52 pm

CAN YOU SHOW ME THIS FIGURE WITH A PLAYMOBIL IF IT'S POSSIBLE ?
This figure is really fantastic:cheers: 

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:17 pm

It's so perfect. They've captured the strange, shuffling grace of the species very well. I don't even care for bears, but for the craftsmanship of the model alone he shall have to go on the "shopping list".

Roger wrote:
I like that figure since the first official pictures! It is an excelent bear replica and your pictures show it perfectly. It is only a pitty that it is from a Japanese brand. Very Happy
Forgive me for being dim, but why is this a pity? Because of the puzzle aspect, ease of acquisition..?

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:51 pm

koniminiatures wrote:
Roger wrote:
Forgive me for being dim, but why is this a pity? Because of the puzzle aspect, ease of acquisition..?

I guess it is because it is less easily available Wink 
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Thank you or your comments Very Happy 

SUSANNE wrote:
Indeed a magnificent bear !!!! Shocked
It truly looks like a live bear !!!! cheers

Please will you tell us a little about this model, - is it a puzzle ? Hollow ? Very Happy
I only have one Kitan Club model, which is very light.

It is puzzle, head + body, it is not hollow and the plastic is less brittle than usual Japanese models

Abu Rai wrote:
I like the body sculpting very much, seems a real one. is much bigger than the safari one? (I don't know if you have it to make the comparison)

It is smaller, I will make pics Sleep 

widukind wrote:
Ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

Is the line so much visible? It's very thin line I think :scratch:And it seems to be subspecies of brown bear, from Japan: Ussuri brown bear  Ursus arctos lasiotus Wink

You can bounce bounce bounce  And the line is far less visible than on the pics Wink 

Neven Florian wrote:
CAN YOU SHOW ME THIS FIGURE WITH A PLAYMOBIL IF IT'S POSSIBLE ?
This figure is really fantastic:cheers: 

I will Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
koniminiatures wrote:
Roger wrote:

I guess it is because it is less easily available Wink 

Exactly Christophe! Very Happy
About being a puzzle is also something that I don't appreciate. Though, not dramatic in this figure. Very Happy

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 12:17 am

Ah, thank you for clarifying.

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 8:40 am

Wonderful walkaround Christophe!! I also received this model (and the Macaque) very recently. Honestly, I thought it was even more impressive in person. In part, the figure was heavier than I expected, more solid. As you pointed out, it's made of a slightly softer plastic than most of the Kaiyodo "puzzle" figures. It reminds me of the Yujin "puzzle" Tortoises I've purchased.

In an ideal world, they wouldn't have made it a puzzle animals. Since there are only two pieces -- the head and the body -- it'd would have been great if it were just one piece of plastic. But I think the Bear is fabulous as it is (seam and all). I even prefer the small size. (Joan, it's small -- a bit shorter and a bit less long than the old Schleich Hyena. I use that as a reference only because they are standing next to each other on my table.)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Thank you Scott ! I would love to see less puzzle KITAN and more "non Japanese" animals bounce 
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Scott ! I would love to see less puzzle KITAN and more "non Japanese" animals bounce 

Agree cheers cheers 

Congrats Chris!

Kitan Brown bear come with a very good finishing on both sculpting & painting. But I think Papo grizzly bear is better sculpting. IMO Kitan beat papo by only painting.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 6:51 pm

ken yeo wrote:
Kitan Brown bear come with a very good finishing on both sculpting & painting. But I think Papo grizzly bear is better sculpting. IMO Kitan beat papo by only painting.

I don't agree Ken Very Happy  PAPO grizzly is very nice but IMHO even in sculpting KITAN CLUB is more impressive Cool 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

widukind wrote:
ot;]
Ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

You can bounce bounce bounce  And the line is far less visible than on the pics Wink 

I have do it Very Happy Very Happy  You and your walkarounds makes me poor:lol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 8:01 pm

widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

widukind wrote:
ot;]
Ana wrote:
widukind wrote:

I have do it Very Happy Very Happy  You and your walkarounds makes me poor:lol: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

This figure is hard to resist AND it's rarely represented subspecies too, I think it was good decision Cool sunny 

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:53 pm

I'm sold - thanks for the excellent walk around Christophe!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:06 am

Thank you Harriet Very Happy 

Among modern brown bears, this one is on my top Three with the COLLECTA Grizzly and the PAPO Pyrenean Bear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2013 KITAN CLUB Brown bear: A walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next