Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972

Go down 
+13
Duna_
grayyapp
Lecter1972
Higgins
sauroid
Kikimalou
schleich61
Tiermann
Taos
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
blackdanter
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 1:22 pm

blackdanter wrote:
Hi Dominik,

I'm afraid that I only have the one example and it isn't for sale as it took me some considerable time to find it. I can only suggest that you monitor Ebay, as I did, and wait for one to come up. It's a very rare figure so you will need to be very patient.

Regards
John

Higgins wrote:
Hello blackdanter, please tell me, if I can get the inpro plesiosaur from you, ist very important for me.

Best regards

Dominik

Welcome back  sunny 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Higgins

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Thank you for the Information blackdanter, and what about you Lecter 1972, can I get your INPRO plesiosaur?

Bye Dominik
Back to top Go down
Lecter1972

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Higgins wrote:
Thank you for the Information blackdanter, and what about you Lecter 1972, can I get your INPRO plesiosaur?

Bye Dominik

Sorry dont wish to part with them

They have some sentimental value and also my kids have commandeered them, as part of their "inheritance"
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:27 pm

Lecter1972 wrote:
Higgins wrote:

Bye Dominik

Sorry dont wish to part with them

They have some sentimental value and also my kids have commandeered them, as part of their "inheritance"
Welcome here:)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
grayyapp

Country/State : united kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:50 pm

Thanks for your posts about Inpro dinosaurs. In the late 70s I came across an Inpro box set which was about 5-6 dinosaurs in a box with artwork of an exploding volcano and lava. The lid was clear plastic so you could see the dinosaurs within the packaging. I already had some of the dinosaurs so I persuaded the newsagent to split it and let me have the ankylosaur and allosaur.

I wish I'd bought the box now since I can't find any reference online for this anywhere! This set was not the Chivers Jelly set with the poster.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 5:13 pm

grayyapp wrote:
Thanks for your posts about Inpro dinosaurs. In the late 70s I came across an Inpro box set which was about 5-6 dinosaurs in a box with artwork of an exploding volcano and lava. The lid was clear plastic so you could see the dinosaurs within the packaging. I already had some of the dinosaurs so I persuaded the newsagent to split it and let me have the ankylosaur and allosaur.

I wish I'd bought the box now since I can't find any reference online for this anywhere! This set was not the Chivers Jelly set with the poster.
Welcome here:)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
blackdanter

blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:31 pm

grayyapp wrote:

Hi,

The figures you refer to sound very much like the ones known as Dinocrats. This seems to have been a kind of product relaunch by Inpro in the very late 1970's or early 1980's. These figures (under this product guise) were the figures reissued by Toyway although the actual individual figures remained the same. Does that make sense?

John
Back to top Go down
Duna_

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 8:25 pm

Hi, I also have an Inpro collection I recently completed little by little. I have to take some pics about it ... Smile

... but now I'd like to ask you about this figure I have purchased recently ... it's an original Inpro brontosaurus, but sold in the gift shop of the Palais de la Découverte, in Paris. Shocked I knew nothing about Inpro dinosaurs used for this, and in France! The cardboard says Animaux Prehistoriques, so could it have been part of a series with more figures? Maybe that could explain why I've seen Inpro figures on sale in France in second hand markets, it just seemed a bit rare that all these people had lived in UK decades ago.
That's pretty interesting ... do you know more about it?

Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 1627753624
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 9:04 pm

Shocked scratch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 12:12 pm

cheers cheers

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
minis

Country/State : france

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 2:13 pm

I never heard about Inpro before, thankyou for this subject
A new alert on my ebay space !
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 7:35 pm

Congratulations, this brontosaurus is beautiful. Applause Applause

Duna_

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2022 5:56 pm

landrover wrote:
Congratulations, this brontosaurus is beautiful.  Applause Applause
Thank you! Very Happy

@minis Yes, they are interesting figures, not at all wonderful I'd said, but nice retro styled. The main "problem" is that there are quite a lot to collect, but are not expensive (except the rarest). I myself prefer the Linde as they are only 8, but the Inpro are one of the rarest painted vintage mini figures, as most of that time were made of monochrome plastic.

Here is my collection. I have 3-4 spare (Hong Kong made) and some more China made and several "copies".

Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 Inpro-dinosaurs-collection

When I started collecting them, last year, I was sure I would never finish the collection, but I did! So be optimistic and never lose hope, they will eventually appear here and there (I've seen this last year on sale all figures to make a complete collection since I completed mine).
I'd said the most difficult to get are the ones of Chivers Jelly that weren't reissued later. Trachodon and Saltoposuchus are the rarest, followed by the large Brontosaurus, Plesiosaurus, Heterodontosaurus and Corythosaurus. Then the Allosaurus, Tyrannosaurus and Pteranodon, and finally the rest are more available.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2022 7:34 pm

Duna_ wrote:

Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 Inpro-dinosaurs-collection

That is really such a delightful collection you have there, actually quite a beautiful array of colors altogether like that and with a lot of charm in their expressions. It's just the sort of figures I have a soft spot for. Congratulations on completing the set!

Duna_ wrote:
So be optimistic and never lose hope, they will eventually appear here and there (I've seen this last year on sale all figures to make a complete collection since I completed mine).
I have also had the experience of finding a complete set of something for sale after I have painstakingly put together a complete set from lots of mixed lots. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972    Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Inpro Dinosaurs - UK Classic Dinosaur Toys From 1972
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2