Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SpiralStrix

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Last weekend we were out of town visiting my boyfriend's family. I was able to venture out and see what brands were available there. I was worried they would only have Schleich, like most stores around here. I went to the local toy store and was happy to see Safari Ltd. and Wild Republic. I saw a lot of nice figures, but decided to stick to my wish list for now. I took home this little fellow.
Safari Ltd. White Pelican
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by SpiralStrix on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/27592/spiralstrix
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:04 pm

It is impressive that even in North America Schleich is by far the easiest brand to find. Even more knowing that Safari and Wild Republic are North American brands. :)
Congratualtions for your American white pelican, it is a great figure, this mould was previously used by Safari and repainted as a brown pelican. Actually a very nice figure but hard to find these days.
No doubts your subject is... birds. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It is impressive that even in North America Schleich is by far the easiest brand to find. Even more knowing that Safari and Wild Republic are North American brands. :)

It's funny, but Safari is actually the easiest to find where I live. Schleich is closest to me, but Safari is more populous.

Wonderful bird, congratulations! cheers Very Happy

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:33 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

It's funny, but Safari is actually the easiest to find where I live. Schleich is closest to me, but Safari is more populous.

Oh, that's almost incredible! Are there aardvarks where you live? Laughing flower

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:59 am

Great bird, that one ! Safari has made a lot of very charming birds Very Happy

Congratulations  cheers 

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:08 am

Nice catch  Very Happy  I would love to find a shop with Safari Ltd displays in France  drunken 

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Great catch  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:09 am

Thanks everyone! I am rather fond of this figure. I would be thrilled to have the brown pelican too. One can dream... drunken

Back to top Go down
SpiralStrix

PostSubject: SpiralStrix Schleich Additions   Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:49 am

Today I will tell you about my very first Schleich purchases!

I had considered adding the snowy owl to my wish list, but it wasn't a priority. Nevertheless, there they were as I was browsing the Schleich figures at a Walmart out of town. I picked up one of the owls and immediately noticed her striking eyes. To me this was a detail I guess photos hadn't quite captured. I was surprised seeing her in person. She instantly became a must-have.

Schleich Snowy Owl

The peregrine falcon also looked more appealing to me in person (though the "Made in Germany" variation still seems superior). I rescued this one from the desolate, haphazard shelves at my local Walmart.

Schleich Peregrine Falcon

Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:46 am

Those are indeed two must have birds from Schleich.
Congrats!! Hope you will find more beautiful birds Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Sartje

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 am

Congratss  cheers

Schleich Count: 501
Papo Count: 20
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CreationsbySarieanne/
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:16 am

You got two wonderful models there  Applause 

Good that you could rescue them from the greasy little hands of children visiting Walmart  Laughing 

widukind

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:54 am

Also beautieful birds!! Congratulations  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:44 pm

I love Safari Pelican, I have got the Brown Pelican too Cool 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Congrats Look's wonderful  drunken drunken 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Great choices! cheers You are brave to venture into a Walmart for Schleich  affraid affraid 

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Schleichfreund

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:48 pm

nice,top  Applause 

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Congrats on your first Schleich additions ! These are two nice birds.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:29 am

I like much better the owl than the falcon but both are great additions! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:21 am

Congrats! You got two very nice birds cheers 

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Congrats!  sunny  sunny  sunny

Back to top Go down
http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Congratulations, wonderful birds  Applause cheers Cool sunny 
Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Great birds ! Good models  sunny 

SpiralStrix

PostSubject: SpiralStrix Kaiyodo Additions   Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Here is my first Japanese figure.  cheers 
I received this a week ago, and I am ecstatic because it wasn't supposed to arrive for another month or two. It is wonderful to have a species from the Kinglet family!  sunny 

Kaiyodo Birdtales Goldcrest (Regulus regulus)

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:12 pm

A very phantastic model- i really like this serie  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   Today at 12:26 pm

Back to top Go down

SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next