Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)

Go down 
+25
Florian
arafan
Joan Milelire
scot(t)
landrover
jarda
sauroid
Bloodrayne
Ana
Carola
lucky luke
ulinuk
JonasV
Arnaud
Schleichfreund
Elros Alvar
LukaLeon085
Sartje
NightLioness
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
Roger
SpiralStrix
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

Country/State : United States

SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) Empty
PostSubject: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Last weekend we were out of town visiting my boyfriend's family. I was able to venture out and see what brands were available there. I was worried they would only have Schleich, like most stores around here. I went to the local toy store and was happy to see Safari Ltd. and Wild Republic. I saw a lot of nice figures, but decided to stick to my wish list for now. I took home this little fellow.
Safari Ltd. White Pelican
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by SpiralStrix on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/27592/spiralstrix
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:04 pm

It is impressive that even in North America Schleich is by far the easiest brand to find. Even more knowing that Safari and Wild Republic are North American brands. :)
Congratualtions for your American white pelican, it is a great figure, this mould was previously used by Safari and repainted as a brown pelican. Actually a very nice figure but hard to find these days.
No doubts your subject is... birds. Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Roger wrote:
It is impressive that even in North America Schleich is by far the easiest brand to find. Even more knowing that Safari and Wild Republic are North American brands. :)

It's funny, but Safari is actually the easiest to find where I live. Schleich is closest to me, but Safari is more populous.

Wonderful bird, congratulations! cheers Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:33 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Roger wrote:

It's funny, but Safari is actually the easiest to find where I live. Schleich is closest to me, but Safari is more populous.

Oh, that's almost incredible! Are there aardvarks where you live? Laughing flower

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 8:59 am

Great bird, that one ! Safari has made a lot of very charming birds Very Happy

Congratulations  cheers 

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 9:08 am

Nice catch  Very Happy  I would love to find a shop with Safari Ltd displays in France  drunken 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Great catch  cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 4:09 am

Thanks everyone! I am rather fond of this figure. I would be thrilled to have the brown pelican too. One can dream... drunken

Back to top Go down
SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

PostSubject: SpiralStrix Schleich Additions   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 4:49 am

Today I will tell you about my very first Schleich purchases!

I had considered adding the snowy owl to my wish list, but it wasn't a priority. Nevertheless, there they were as I was browsing the Schleich figures at a Walmart out of town. I picked up one of the owls and immediately noticed her striking eyes. To me this was a detail I guess photos hadn't quite captured. I was surprised seeing her in person. She instantly became a must-have.

Schleich Snowy Owl

The peregrine falcon also looked more appealing to me in person (though the "Made in Germany" variation still seems superior). I rescued this one from the desolate, haphazard shelves at my local Walmart.

Schleich Peregrine Falcon

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 9:46 am

Those are indeed two must have birds from Schleich.
Congrats!! Hope you will find more beautiful birds Very Happy

Sartje

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 am

Congratss  cheers

Schleich Count: 501
Papo Count: 20
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CreationsbySarieanne/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:16 am

You got two wonderful models there  Applause 

Good that you could rescue them from the greasy little hands of children visiting Walmart  Laughing 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 11:54 am

Also beautieful birds!! Congratulations  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:44 pm

I love Safari Pelican, I have got the Brown Pelican too Cool 
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Congrats Look's wonderful  drunken drunken 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Great choices! cheers You are brave to venture into a Walmart for Schleich  affraid affraid 

Schleichfreund

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 7:48 pm

nice,top  Applause 

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Congrats on your first Schleich additions ! These are two nice birds.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:29 am

I like much better the owl than the falcon but both are great additions! Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 3:21 am

Congrats! You got two very nice birds cheers 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Congrats!  sunny  sunny  sunny

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Congratulations, wonderful birds  Applause cheers Cool sunny 
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Great birds ! Good models  sunny 

SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

PostSubject: SpiralStrix Kaiyodo Additions   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Here is my first Japanese figure.  cheers 
I received this a week ago, and I am ecstatic because it wasn't supposed to arrive for another month or two. It is wonderful to have a species from the Kinglet family!  sunny 

Kaiyodo Birdtales Goldcrest (Regulus regulus)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 6:12 pm

A very phantastic model- i really like this serie  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) Empty

Back to top Go down

SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: General additions-
Jump to: