Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)

Go down 
+25
Florian
arafan
Joan Milelire
scot(t)
landrover
jarda
sauroid
Bloodrayne
Ana
Carola
lucky luke
ulinuk
JonasV
Arnaud
Schleichfreund
Elros Alvar
LukaLeon085
Sartje
NightLioness
widukind
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
Roger
SpiralStrix
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 6:43 am

Congratulation Kayla  Very Happy I also collect antelopes and birds...  scratch ... and a few other animals  Laughing 

About the Pronghorn, Mojo one needs only a small change in painting and the Safari Ltd is a bit bigger, more in the Papo antelopes size.

If I had to choose a Papo antelope I will go for the Wildbeest, it is big but...  I love you 

Don't forget, the CollectA saola, withe-tailed gnu and eland Wink, and the Mojo Thomson's.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:27 am

Wonderful additions  cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 11:43 am

Great add to a collection! They are all very beautiful. There is also the Papo Oryx - it is a very nice model I think.

SpiralStrix wrote:

*I know a pronghorn is not quite an antelope, but it's a nice representative from my homeland. I'm not too strict. geek I even saw a few pronghorn herds this weekend. Smile*

THAT is cool ! I have only housecats roaming my backgarden, as they hunt the poor little birds (often, they are too slow- the cats, that is tongue )!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:50 pm

Congratulations! A great start. Wink sunny

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Nice antelopes and great review!
I'm curious what antelopes will be in your collection when we past a few years Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:41 pm

Wow! Great newcomers! cheers cheers Congrats!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:33 pm

very cool new ones  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Thank you very much Christophe, Andreas, Carola, 4U, Karin, Jonas, and sauroid!

Kikimalou wrote:

About the Pronghorn, Mojo one needs only a small change in painting and the Safari Ltd is a bit bigger, more in the Papo antelopes size.

If I had to choose a Papo antelope I will go for the Wildbeest, it is big but...  I love you 

Don't forget, the CollectA saola, withe-tailed gnu and eland Wink, and the Mojo Thomson's.

Okay, then I can leave the Safari Ltd. pronghorn for now. I have many others to get still.
Oh I couldn't forget those CollectA masterpieces! They are out-of-stock from my seller of choice, so I have to be patient. bounce 
Indeed, the Mojos will make a nice family with the Schleich Thomson's. Oh yeah, the wildebeest! I agree. drunken 

Carola wrote:
Great add to a collection! They are all very beautiful. There is also the Papo Oryx - it is a very nice model I think.
THAT is cool ! I have only housecats roaming my backgarden, as they hunt the poor little birds (often, they are too slow- the cats, that is tongue )!
I might get the oryx. I really want to see it for myself. flower
It was cool! I always enjoy seeing wildlife, especially in their natural habitats. For example, I saw bison a few times on our drive to and from South Dakota last week. I saw a bunch of fenced-in bison, but seeing the lone bison in the wind cave national park was much more rewarding...even though it was just one individual that time.
Oh silly cats!  cat  cat 
NightLioness wrote:
I'm curious what antelopes will be in your collection when we past a few years Very Happy
Me too, Karin. I am also curious how my boyfriend will react to them. I just added two more little antelopes. While eating dinner he glanced at the shelf and said, "I think they are multiplying…" Suspect 
I responded that I could easily double them.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/27592/spiralstrix
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 10:51 pm

SpiralStrix wrote:

NightLioness wrote:
Me too, Karin. I am also curious how my boyfriend will react to them. I just added two more little antelopes. While eating dinner he glanced at the shelf and said, "I think they are multiplying…" Suspect 
I responded that I could easily double them.  Laughing

Hahaha, he doesn't know half of it XD lol!  My boyfriend doesn't look at my collection. And if he ever complains about the fact that there are to many of them. I will grab his ear and point at his cabinet full of X-Box 360 games  Laughing lol! (Some of them he never played! o.0) 

Arnaud

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Very nice arrivals! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 9:58 pm

Very good additions. Congrats Kayla Applause Applause bounce 

SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:50 pm

NightLioness wrote:

Hahaha, he doesn't know half of it XD lol!  My boyfriend doesn't look at my collection. And if he ever complains about the fact that there are to many of them. I will grab his ear and point at his cabinet full of X-Box 360 games  Laughing lol! (Some of them he never played! o.0) 

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Well, I am guilty of buying more books and video games when I still have plenty I haven't read/played.  Embarassed geek 
Strange habit, but I've slowed down a lot. My boyfriend really doesn't mind, he just likes picking on me.  cyclops 
He has games too, and a room full of r/c stuff.  tongue

Back to top Go down
SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Thanks guys! Time for some more...

Over a week ago, we took a little trip to South Dakota and were able to check out a few stores.
On January 23rd, we went to Michaels (they had Safari Ltd.), Hobby Lobby (Mojo and Safari Ltd.), Toys R Us (Schleich), Who's Hobby House (Safari Ltd. Toobs), and Who's Toy House (Schleich and Papo).

My first purchase was from Toys R Us.

Schleich Gazelle Female
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My other two newcomers came from Who's Toy House. My! What a hidden haven!  drunken They had a large light-up wall display, like the ones I've seen in toy fair pictures. It was the most well-stocked and organized display I have seen so far. The large display was for Schleich, which included the 2014 releases, and there was a smaller one for Papo. It was my first time seeing Papo in a store. Despite all the great brands I had come across, I only bought Schleich figures this time. They didn't have any of the Mojo, Safari, or Papo figures I was looking for.

This little fellow was not on my radar, but I am glad I came across it. I was pretty sure it was a wildebeest calf, thus an antelope, but I did have to check and make sure when I got home.

Schleich Blue Wildebeest or Gnu Calf (Connochaetes taurinus)

The new flying fox was on my 2014 wish list, and I was so surprised to see it at a US store
already!

Schleich Fruit Bat or Grey-headed Flying Fox (Pteropus poliocephalus)  

I also ordered these little deer online. No, not antelope, but they've got some sort of antelope charm I can't explain. I knew they were small, but wow, they are small! I am fond of them.

Noah's Pals Giant Muntjac (Muntiacus vuquangensis)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 10:10 pm

That must have been a dream of a trip ! From one toy store to another  cheers 

You surely found some fine model...that gnu calf is adorable, and the gazelle and the bat are great models Very Happy

But the muntjacs are so fantastic, - they radiate charm, especially in your wonderful photo  Applause  Applause

NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 10:21 pm

Hop hop, from shop to shop hehehe  cheers 
I have the Schleich Gnu calf (and his mom) and the gazelle too, they are wonderful animals.
Oh my, the bat looks really neat in your photos.
Hope to see him soon in RL in one of the stores in my hometown.

Nice Muntjacs  cheers sunny 

SpiralStrix

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Thanks ladies! Yes, it was a lot of fun! I should add that shopping wasn't our main purpose for the trip...just a nice bonus.  Wink We went there to swim in hot springs and visit Mount Rushmore. My favorite part was going to a Mammoth dig site. I was in awe the whole time looking at real mammoth fossil bones. They left them as they were found too, which made it even more incredible.

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 2:20 am

Great set of Antelope and great recent additions!

I'm late to seeing the earlier pictures of your antelope collection, but to throw in my two-cents to that conversation: Even though I'm not a fan of "largish" figures, I really like the Papo Kudu, Gnu, and Gemsbok (in that order I think). And my favorite Antelope that is missing from your collection is the Giant Eland from CollectA (I read that you're waiting for it to arrive in the online shop you use). It is awesome.

My Waterbuck also had a bent horn, but I was able to fix it just by bending it gently and holding it in the correct position. I tried adjusting the horns on my Safari Arabian Oryx using the hold/cold method and that was a disaster (they were too thin); I don't know if the same would be true for the Waterbuck.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 2:35 am

Congratulations! That Who's Toy House sounds great, and looking at photos it looks very nice! Too bad I don't live closer. Laughing It will be a long time until I see Schleich 2014 figures near me. Rolling Eyes Though I am hoping this will be sooner with Schleich having the new distribution center in the United States. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Congratulations, especialy for the Noahs Pals muntjacs  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 12:47 pm

Congratulations!
That new bad looks really good! Maybe I have to get it too. Razz The others are beautiful as well, very nice additions, Kayla!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 9:01 pm

Started your antelope collection with a bang, didn't you? Very Happy They look very pleasing as a group like that.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Enjoy the way you photographed your bat. Very Happy
I also got it, I like the translucent plastic on bat as much as I dislike it in the peafowl. Very Happy

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:08 am

Roger wrote:
I like the translucent plastic on bat as much as I dislike it in the peafowl. Very Happy

My thoughts exactly. Well put!
Back to top Go down
SpiralStrix

SpiralStrix

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:02 am

I received these little delights in the mail a while ago. Smile 
The Kaiyodo Kingfisher should have been included here, but I haven't put it together effectively yet.  Embarassed 

Kaiyodo Screech Owl

Kaiyodo Pallas's Rosefinch (Carpodacus roseus)

Kaiyodo Long-tailed Tit (Aegithalos caudatus)

Kaiyodo Pitta

Schleich Wildebeest/Gnu (Connochaetes taurinus)

Safari Ltd. Brown Pelican (Pelecanus occidentalis)

Joan Milelire Sitatunga (Tragelaphus spekii)

sunny I am very impressed by the wonderful Sitatunga and how fast it came to me. I was expecting two weeks or more, but it took less than nine days!  affraid I had it sent to family in another state, since I never know when I'll be traveling, or how long the delivery would take. Also, we were going to be visiting there soon. Well, it arrived in that town before I did, which meant I could bring it home with me, and wouldn't have to wait until our next visit!  cheers

Back to top Go down
NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 5:21 am

wow congrats !!! you have very beautifull add !!!
 cheers cheers cheers cheers 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)   SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

SpiralStrix Additions - Birds & Ungulates (Updated Jan 2nd, 2015)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next