Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which brands can you find locally?

Go down 
+44
Masoud
Liiolii
Drachenherzen
Shanti
normal fox
Bowhead Whale
shadoweon
Rhamphorhynchus
goatherder
Chris Sweetman
john2xtheman
Tarunyada
Night Elf
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
pipsxlch
Wilorvise
GiselleGazelle
Gwaine
QuollMate
JonasV
krista
LeeAnn
NandO
scot(t)
Jetty
terrine
Carola
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Ana
Tiermann
Taos
widukind
ulinuk
Fisva
costicuba
Bloodrayne
Takama
Dutch Bear
skysthelimit
arafan
NightLioness
stecal
Roger
48 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Which brands can you find locally?  Empty
PostSubject: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:00 pm

I decided to open this topic because I think it is interesting and may also be helpful to some members. Very Happy
I'd love to know which brands of toy animal figures can you find locally. Not exactly your town or village but the region where you live as long as those are shops you visit easily. :)
I live in an European capital so naturally I find a lot of brands here, I cannot even know all of them, though, if you cannot find any brand at all or just Schleich, it will be interesting to know anyway.
You can update your post whenever you find a new brand or a brand cannot be found anymore. Of course I mean shops of new figures, not flea markets or antiquaries.
In Lisbon, I can find easily:
Schleich, all range in several shops;
Mojö Fun, sold under Animal Planet name, more than half of the range and in several shops;
Papo, in some shops, almost all range;
CollectA, only a few shops, always with a big delay but all range;
Safari, mainly in thematic parks but only a small part of the range;
Bullyland, can still be found in some shops but their presence is vanishing and only a msall number of figures, nobody is restocking them;
Wild Republic, some poybags or tubes, not in many places;
Nayab, always sold under other brand name, mainly in Chinese bazars;
AAA, sold in some shops under the name Yolanda, some Ravensden too;
Preiser, only in shops of the speciality;
Geoworld, not properly in common toy shops, in  post offices and not always available;
Maia & Borges, Sea Life, tropical fish and ducks can this year also be found in local shops;
China, unbranded figures can also be found here easily.

As long as I remember others or things change, I'll update my topic. Anyone interested to know the exact places, when visiting Lisbon or that lives here, just pm me. Very Happy
Now your turn! Very Happy

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:08 pm

In the town i live i can only get schleich i would have to travel about 25 miles to even find papo,i have never seen any bullyland,mojo,collecta or safari in any shop near me or anywhere i have travelled in the uk and have to buy them online and even then it is still hard to find anyone in the uk that sell those 4 companies online so i tend to do big orders from mpv or tfg toys but they seem to be getting rid of a lot of their animal ranges lately
steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:11 pm

The Netherlnds, Friesland!
Sneek: only Schleich in two shops: Bart Smit and Intertoys.
Leeuwarden: a small shop who is quitting Papo now I think.

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Great idea Roger! Very Happy

I can get Schleich within just a five minute's drive, but not the best selection.
Mojo Fun is available in about an hour's drive, an alright selection but not the full range.
Papo fantasy I can get in a little over an hour's drive, but only fantasy. The same place that has Mojo Fun only has a handful of animals.
Safari Ltd. is the most plentiful near me, two stores in about an hour's drive with great selection.
Breyer is readily available within about an hour's drive.
Terra I can get in about an hour's drive.
I can't get CollectA or Bullyland at all unless I order online.
Cheap unbranded Chinese figures are found easily at dollar stores.

My selection is small but then again I don't live in a well populated location either... Laughing

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Zurich, Switzerland
Schleich: Almost every small and bigger toy store has a Schleich section
Papo: I only found them at the Zoo in Zurich at the moment. But some toysrus stores are getting some Papo dinosaurs.

And in Spreitenbach, a city with the biggest shopping center in Switzerland
You can find in every toystore Schleich
On Migros you also can find a lot of Bullys

Last edited by arafan on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 2:53 pm

Schleich, the whole range
CollectA - maybe half of them, with years' delay of new models...

Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 3:35 pm

In Amsterdam, The Netherlands two realy nice toystores are.

Gone with the wind
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Collecta, Papo, Schleich

Kleine Eland (Little Moose)
Bullyland, Collecta, Papo, Schleich

For Duisburg, Germany i have to recommend
Roskothen

Nobody sells Mojö or Safari.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Oulu - Finland

Schleich - almost the whole catalog

Papo - some nice sets

Bullyland - Dinosaurs - Cartoon figurines - Sets

Collecta - Sometimes
---------------
And now I'm living here in

Mariehamn - Finland

Schleich - quite much

Haven't found more yet Cool Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Schelich is the most common brand around were I live.

Every Farm and Home type store has them (There's like four of them around were I live), and the Wal-Mart I frequent has them, as well as Shopko

Next most common is Safari Ltd. Which is available at Hobby Lobby and Farm King in Burlington Iowa.

The third and final ones are Mojo and Papo, which are ONLY Available at Hobby Lobby.

Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:48 pm

Netherlands: West side  Cool  

#1: All Toy Stores here cary Schleich.

#2: I did find some CollectA animals in a local bookstore once.
They were (and are still are) figures from 2005.
#3: All shops that claim to cary Papo figures I visited, only have knights and dragons, no animal figures. Only in Avifauna (bird Zoo) I have seen 3 AAA birds. I was quite shocked.
And I saw some CollectA figures at another Prehistoric Museum, but they were outdated as well.
The last museum I visited (Museon) only had Schleich crap. OMG!

Safari ltd. or Mojo or Bullyland figures don't excist here.
Not to my knowledge.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 7:05 pm

In Bulgaria - Sofia,
we have:
1. Shleich - the most popular major brand here. We have it from several years.
2. Bullyland - only in one chain toy stores and only some models.
3. Papo - only in one local shop and some bulgarian websites. Allmost everithing is comming on time..but for exaple the roaring lion and the snow leopard we still missing.
4. Mojo - we have this brand from several months :)
5. Some Nayab models (but not as ``Nayab``) and some Happy kin toys - Antarctic sets.
That`s all for now Wink
Back to top Go down
Fisva

Fisva

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 2:36 am

We have only Schleich here, and Mojo Fun in a neighbouring city. Nothing else Sad

ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:09 am

Where I live I can find mostly Schleich and Papo, near in Prague is a lot of Schleich, Papo and Bullyland. And Nayab is everywhere.

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:52 am

ulinuk wrote:
Where I live I can find mostly Schleich and Papo, near in Prague is a lot of Schleich, Papo and Bullyland. And Nayab is everywhere.

Wanna be there Very Happy Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:13 am

In Dresden i can find some Nayabs and many many Schleich, in my toyshop in my near i can order Bullyland, Safari and Papo too

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 3:37 pm

Lille and twenty kilometers around:

Papo: All the range in at least 10 shops.
Schleich: Al the range in 7 shops
CollectA: A few 2011 models in two shops
Bullyland: A few ones in one shop.
Nayab: A few ones in two shops.

No Mojo, no Safari Ltd No
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 3:42 pm

All the shops in my area have Schleich and some have Bullyland/Papo but usually only the Disney/Fantasy models
The local discount store here sometimes has Breyer/Papo/Nayab/Chap Mei Dinos and other models.
No Collect A,Safari Ltd or Mojo near me! Sad Sad Sad Plenty of made in china models in various shops.
I have been to the famous Hamleys in London-as I work in London-and even they only have Schleich and a small section of Papo and again Disney figures by Bullyland.Also made in china models and some Nayab and some Breyer.

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 3:47 pm

In my area most Schleich in multiple shops, CollectA now in one shop, Safari most of their range in one shop and limited range in another. A few Papo in one shop but I haven't been there in a while. No Bullyland, Mojo or Nayab/AAA that I am aware of.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:31 pm

In Utrecht I have seen Schleich in several shops and some Papo in one toy shop (but only dinosaurs and fantasy from Papo there) I wonder if I can find more.

In Amsterdam I found Papo, Schleich, Safari LTD and CollectA in a single toyshop I visited.

And of course the easiest to find are always the cheap Chinese animals, available in many places.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 10:49 pm

New Zealand
Schleich: The Toyworld store in the meridian Smile
Safari Ltd: Otago museum
I saw a stand of Safari Ltd figures in the museum shop. Fortunately I was not tempted Wink Razz
Papo: Some fanatsy figures and dragons in Toyworld but thats it. Funnily enough I'd never noticed them before untill recently.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 11:41 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

And now the CollectA displays collapsed and are replaced by Schleich What a Face
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 2:51 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

And now the CollectA displays collapsed and are replaced by Schleich What a Face

Sad Sad Sad

Where I live, there are none at all .
A small book shop that had a few Collecta, has closed down.
If I drive to larger cities ( app a hour ), I can get Schleich, Schleich...even on the net : Schleich only Mad

Hurray for the German net shops, - and for the help of STS-friends cheers

NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:03 am

Where I live Lombok island-Indonesia, only geoworld and made in china figures available..
Old Schleich and some old safari toobs available on other island 1 hour flight..
No chance to get Papo/CollectA/Mojo..
And I think I'm the only one who knows about animal figures brand in this island.. Hehehe

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:56 am

For me it's only Schleich I can find. Withing a 5 minutes drive on bike. Very Happy

Schleich are everywhere to find in DK, as Susanne mentions as well. And yes, I'm very happy to have the German and British(for Breyers) online shops, and of course STS friends cheers

terrine

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 7:49 am

I'm in Singapore. I can find a selection of Schleich only at Toys R Us Vivocity (but not 2014 release), I cannot find it at other TRU branches. A very few Mojo Animal Planet animals at a small toy shop at JEM. A selection of Papo at The Better Toy Stores. Maybe at some toy stores at Departure Terminal of Changi Airport. Prices are very expensive though for any brands and in all stores. Anybody from Singapore knows of any other stores? I'd love to know!!
@NandO : can't you find any in Bali? Do you have to go to Jakarta to find the Schleich?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which brands can you find locally?    Which brands can you find locally?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Which brands can you find locally?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next