Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LeeAnn's Fjord Collection

Go down 
+17
LeeAnn
widukind
Anne from Norway
trovalsa
Saarlooswolfhound
shadoweon
Nessie
Kikimalou
Carola
SUSANNE
landrover
NightLioness
Jetty
Roger
Ana
Wilorvise
Tarunyada
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

LeeAnn's Fjord Collection Empty
PostSubject: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fjords! What are fjords? No, not the land formation. Fjord horses! Or ponies, if you prefer. Fjords are relatively small horses, but are quire powerful and sturdy despite their small size. They are only found in dun, but that doesn't make them boring! They can be "brown dun" (pale yellow-brown to cream or light chestnut body color - called bay dun in other breeds), "red dun" (pale golden body color), "grey dun" (grey body varying in shade - actually not a true grey as fjords do not carry the greying gene. This is called grullo or blue dun in other breeds), "white dun" (cream colored body with black or dark grey primitive markings), and "yellow dun" (very rare color in fjords, red dun with another dilution creating a cream coloration, with mane/tail pure white and primitive markings nearly invisible). Although extremely rare and undesirable within the fjord world, "Kvit," or "white," is also recognize. This color produces a light cream colored coat with blue eyes - also known as cremello or perlino in other breeds. In fact, 90% of all fjords are brown dun - the majority of the remaining 10% are red- or grey dun.

History of the Norwegian Fjord Horse According to the NFHR (Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry), "The Norwegian Fjord Horse is one of the world’s oldest and purest breeds. It is believed that the original Fjord Horse migrated to Norway and was domesticated over 4,000 years ago. Archaeological excavations at Viking burial sites indicate the Fjord Horse has been selectively bred for 2,000 years. The breed still exhibits strong survival instincts and remains healthy, fertile, and useful well into its long life. Fjords are extremely efficient foragers, and thrive equally well in the pasture or stable, adapting easily to the weather conditions of their environment, be it hot and dry, or cold and wet."

Primitive Markings You've probably heard it before and I've already mentioned it a few times. Primitive markings include leg barring (also called zebra stripes), a dorsal stripe, and sometimes cross bars over the shoulders. Fjord horses also have pangare traits, such as lighter hair on the muzzle, belly, inside of the legs, and around the eyes.

What about the funny manes? Fjords have much lighter hairs around the edges of the mane and tail, forming the very contrasty look. The manes, however, don't grow in standing up as you see on most models. People will often clip the manes of fjords, allowing them to stand up and show off the crest in the horse's neck. Some people will even cut shapes into the mane, revealing hearts or a zig-zag pattern!

White markings The reason you don't see fjord models with white markings is because it's extremely rare, has purposely been selected out of the breed. A small star is acceptable within the registry, but any other white or pink markings are not.

Uses As I mentioned earlier, the fjord horse is a very strong breed! You can see fjords pulling heavy loads of timber, plowing fields, or even as a driving horse. Of course, fjords also make good riding horses, and are often used for children at therapeutic schools because of their mild temperament.

Would you like to read more about this great breed? Visit the NFHR website.

Do you have a fjord not shown here? Please, let me know! Even if you're not willing to part with it I'd love to know about another fjord model I don't have.

What fjord models do I still need? Check out my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!

Original Finish (OF) Models

Brand: CollectA
Model Number: 88592
Production: 2013-current
Color: Bay dun

Brand: Pony Club USA
Production: ?

Model Number: 88633
Color: Grey dun

Brand: Pony in my pocket
Model Number: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "Willow" (Mare)
Production: 1994

Brand: Bullyland (released as Icelandic, but I consider him a fjord)
Model Number: 62540
Production: 1999-2006

Brand: Bullyland
Model Number: 62561
Production: 2003-2013
Color:  Bay dun

Brand: Playmobil
Production: 2014
In set: 5517

Brand: Panini
Color:  Bay dun

Model Number: 62675
Production: 2009-2013

Model Number: 62562
Production: 2003-2013

Brand: Schleich
Model Number: 13250
Production: 2001
Other: First year variation that has a dorsal stripe (also darker in color)

Model Number: 88632
Color: Grey dun

Other: Mane and tail repainted by me to look more like a fjord [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Brand: Hobby Work and Publishing

Brand: Mojo Fun
Model Number: 387148
Production: 2012-current

Model Number: 62758
Production: 2015-current

Brand: Schleich
Model Number: 13250
Production: 2002-2006
Other: Later variation - lighter and color and does not have dorsal stripe

Model Number: 88591

Brand: Hollow copy of Schleich model (Unknown brand)

Brand: Papo
Model Number: 51006
Production: 2005-2008

Brand: Candy Design (Norway)

Brand: Top Toy

Custom (CM) Models

Base Model: Panini Fjord
Finishwork: Phoenix Ranch
Year: 2014
Color: Brown Dun

Base model: Mojo Fun fjord with Collecta fjord head
Custom work: Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko
Finishwork: Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko
Year: 2014
Color: Brown dun

Base model: CollectA fjord stallion
Finishwork: Misty Star Studios (me!)
Year:  2014
Color:  Grey dun

Base model: Breyer Bouncer
Custom work: Misty Star Studios (me!)
Finishwork: Misty Star Studios
Color:  Brown dun

Base model: Schleich Pinto stallion
Custom work: Simone Wiemken
Finishwork: Simone Wiemken
Year:  ?
Color:  Brown dun

Artist Resins (AR)
Resin name: Geordi La Fjord
Sculptor: Rayvin Brewer
Finishwork: Sue Kern
Color: Brown dun

Other
Fjord ornament

Last edited by LeeAnn on Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:17 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Hurray for all your fjords! cheers They're such wonderful animals.. One of my favourite horse breeds Very Happy Thanks for sharing your collection! I really like the Panini, Papo, CollectA adult and Geordi La Fjord figurines. And that hollow Schleich copy is actually quite nice as well! Do you collect all fjords or just the models you like most?

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:35 pm

You have a lovely Fjord collection

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Thank you both!

Julie, I collect all Fjords that look like fjords Laughing There are some models that are supposedly fjords but just aren't. Wink

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:44 pm

Amazing fjord collection LeeAnn! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:47 pm

Phantastic fjord collection :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:49 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Thank you both!

Julie, I collect all Fjords that look like fjords Laughing There are some models that are supposedly fjords but just aren't. Wink

Thanks for explaining! I'll keep an eye out for you Very Happy Do you still need the Breyer Henry/Sjokolade fjord? And is it true that Breyer didn't make any fjord Stablemates (or didn't I look at the right place)? scratch

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Wait, I see no current Schleich Fjord family here? study scratch

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 6:00 pm

It was time to see your Fjord collection! Very Happy I'm glad Karin's thread had the desired effect. Very Happy
surely all your Fjord horses are very beautiful and I hope you can get more Fjordies soon. Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 6:15 pm

Ana wrote:
Amazing fjord collection LeeAnn! cheers

Thank you Anna! cheers

widukind wrote:
Phantastic fjord collection :)

Thanks Andreas! Very Happy

Tarunyada wrote:

Thanks for explaining! I'll keep an eye out for you Very Happy Do you still need the Breyer Henry/Sjokolade fjord? And is it true that Breyer didn't make any fjord Stablemates (or didn't I look at the right place)? scratch

Actually, I don't have any Breyer fjords Laughing I've been on the lookout for a Sjokolade, but I don't like the dark spots on the cheeks. So I'm trying to find out without those ugly dots.

Ana wrote:
Wait, I see no current Schleich Fjord family here? study scratch

That would be correct. Haven't gotten around to buying those yet.

Roger wrote:
It was time to see your Fjord collection! Very Happy I'm glad Karin's thread had the desired effect. Very Happy
surely all your Fjord horses are very beautiful and I hope you can get more Fjordies soon. Very Happy

Thank you Rogerio! Very Happy

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 6:59 pm

Great collection.... most of them i have too, but you have some real beauty's like the last one...... Shocked still amazes me... he is the cherry on top of your collection!
can I ask you.... do you have a favorite ?
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 7:13 pm

Jetty wrote:
Great collection.... most of them i have too, but you have some real beauty's  like the last one...... Shocked  still amazes me... he is the cherry  on top of your collection!
can I ask you.... do you have a favorite ?

Thank you Jetty! cheers

Oh yes, I definitely have a favorite and it's my Geordi resin, hands down Very Happy

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 7:13 pm

Look at this! Very Happy cheers study
Great collection! Very Happy So many different Fjords, it is nice to see them all together Wink Applause cheers

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:34 pm

bounce I've updated the first post with some info about fjords cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:36 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 2:56 am

WOW LEE ANN Applause Applause Applause Applause

Very complete information.

Lovely figures.congratulations

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 3:57 pm

This is abolutely AWESOME ! What a fantastic collection cheers

I love each and every one of them, - WOW Applause

Just one comment ( You probably know it already) : The palomino foal from Bullyland is actually an Icey , - well, but you CAN find Fjords in that colour too , so no it is just creative thinking Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 8:07 pm

Thank you two flower Very Happy

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Adorable collection of Fjords Very Happy

You're still missing some kind of Henry Wink

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 12:15 am

Yes.... still haven't gotten around to buying a Breyer fjord Laughing I want a PC fjord! bounce

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:59 am

Thanks to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I now have the Top-Toy Fjord! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:17 am

Greta collection LeeAnn cheers Karin's initiative is a hit Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:57 am

Congratulations LeeAnn :)

Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 11:20 am

LeeAnn wrote:
Yes.... still haven't gotten around to buying a Breyer fjord Laughing I want a PC fjord! bounce

Yep mee too - a NEW fjord mold please! bounce cheers

Nessie

Nessie

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 12:29 am

Great collection! Applause The artist resin is so beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LeeAnn's Fjord Collection   LeeAnn's Fjord Collection Empty

Back to top Go down

LeeAnn's Fjord Collection
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: