Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first Breyer and other newcomers

Go down 
+17
Songbird
Ana
Taos
Bloodrayne
Shanti
sortepletter
AkaiHawke
NightLioness
Tarunyada
Drakulka
Carola
Free Rein Studios
Wilorvise
SUSANNE
widukind
LeeAnn
costicuba
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 11:08 am

This is the first I ever heard of a breed called Sugarbush Shocked

First I thought you were joking, but you ARE right cheers

This must be an obvious suggestion for Safari next year ! It is a long time since they made a new draught horse bounce Very Happy

onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 5:29 am

SUSANNE wrote:
OMG !!! This is beauty beyond compare affraid

If it is possible to have stars in the eyes, I have it when looking at your wonderful photos Like a Star @ heaven  sunny Like a Star @ heaven sunny Like a Star @ heaven

Thank you very much Susanne! drunken now I have stars in the eyes thank to your words Wink

widukind wrote:
Congratulations

Thank you Andreas!

LeeAnn wrote:
I love Cloud Nine, I have one myself Very Happy He does decently well as an American Warmblood, if you'd like to give that a try. As for the micro, how about Sugarbush? They can have feathering and are mostly leopard app like yours Smile Noriker might also work but they don't usually have heavily feathered legs.  

Thanks LeeAnn, I was also thinking about American Warmblood, and he could be also Scottish Sport Horse, but I think I will go with KWPN and have traditional dressage trio of KWPN horses (with Toto and Valegro, who is still to come).
As for Sugarbush, I was planning to use it, then I read they usually don't have much of feathering, but I guess it is still the most likely option.
I definitely wanna have a Sugarbush in my collection Wink

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 8:38 am

Hi dear Breyer fans,
here is my addition from July, well actually from June 2016, when I bought the Stablemates family painting kit, and year after I finished first horse from the set:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's a Knabstrupper on G2 pirhouetting warmblood by Kathleen Moody. My idea was that his peacock spots would be more visible, but I had to use more layers of white than I did expected.

Here are some details of his head:

I will add more photos with making of to my repaint thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 8:45 am

Congrats! I love knappys and this model is awesome!
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 am

Songbird wrote:
Congrats! I love knappys and this model is awesome!

Thank you, I'm happy you like my repaint!

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Good evening,
I finally find some time to share my July addition with you. In the very last week in July I've visited London for first time. It was amazing! Of course I wanted to bring some model horse souvenir back with me. So I went to Hamleys, large toy store selling also Breyers. They had quite a lot of them, but also quite pricey. There were few sets both matte and glossy with hunter champion GG Valentine and her foal Heartbreaker on molds by Eberl. But I wasn't convinced due to combination of high price and not very good paintjob. As I was trying to find the most beautiful one among these sets, I suddenly spotted HIM, hidden behind other horses on top shelf.
Could I bring better souvenir from England than British Olympian and record breaking dressage champion? I guess I couldn't. He is model horse of my dreams, I had wanted him since I first saw his promo photo back in 2014. I was happy like  a kid I could handpick him.
Brigitte Eberl did excellent job on this sculpt. It's definitely not a toy, but a piece of art. She captured Valegro's typical head perfectly.

I'm happy they painted his eyes like this in order to remind light Valegro's eyes, with no eyewhites.

Maybe the head is little bit narrow from frontal view...

...but still stunning sculpture and the caption of movement in pirouette is expectional.

But even though I could handpick him and chose better one of the two available, I couldn't avoid few flaws.
One of his nostril is underpainted and one of his horsehoes (my first Breyer with painted horseshoes) is overpainted...

And the biggest dissapointment came after I had unpacked him.
He does not stand correctly, the other hind leg is levitating above the base...

Luckily, you don't need the base to take photos Wink

And then the sunset did amazing dramatic light giving impression of a show:

My excitement has return after that photoshoot.

And just two comparisons:
With his MiniMe by Jennifer Scott

And my Traditional dressage trio by Eberl:
passage, Keltec Salinero mold, released 2007
extended trot, Totilas, released 2013
pirouette, Valegro, released 2015
It's visible that Brigitte Eberl made progress, or maybe it's thanks to progress in Breyer's molding/casting process, but Toto and Blueberry are full of delicate details (I only wonder why Blueberry doesn't have chestnuts).

I wonder what new dressage position or portrait of famous horse can we expect by her...

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Hi, I'm behind with sharing my additions. This one is from September, when they stock him on MPV. I was checking their site every day since mid July, after BreyerFest ended. In first week of September he was finally available.
It's Nazruddin, BreyerFest 2017 Celebration Model, portrait of Marwari stallion on Eberl's mold. I wanted him cause I didn't have this beautiful mold and this sorrel colour suits very much to it.
But I must say I was quite disappointed after unpacking him. He has several flaws. Not very well masked face marking (luckily it was easy to fix), box rub on off fore leg and area around mane is painted not very well - his ears are almost white... I would except much more from a horse for 75 €. He is the most expensive dust-catcher in my collection.
Luckily he still looks good on photos, I really like the prancing pose...
...and ears turned backwards. Ears of Marwari breed are really interesting, their tips are curved towards each other, it is one of special characteristics of the breed.
This halter was waiting for him from April, when I got it as a bonus for commissioned halters.
I think the halter really suits to him, with its "etno look".
Despite the first disappointment he grew on me. I really like the mold in this colour. He is my first (and maybe will be the last at the same time) horse from BreyerFest and is my 14th Eberl and model horse number 140 in the herd.

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 2:23 pm

Congrats Very Happy This color really suits the mold but really does not do the real horse justice at all No I got to meet him at Breyerfest this year Wink If it's any consolation, this whole run was riddled with flaws - I handpicked from 9 between the ones I got and the ones my friend got and the ones we decided to keep are both pretty flawed. Really none of the celebration horses are going to be top quality, they are a free horse so Breyer isn't going to put too much effort into them unfortunately.

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 2:34 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Congrats Very Happy  This color really suits the mold but really does not do the real horse justice at all No I got to meet him at Breyerfest this year Wink  If it's any consolation, this whole run was riddled with flaws - I handpicked from 9 between the ones I got and the ones my friend got and the ones we decided to keep are both pretty flawed. Really none of the celebration horses are going to be top quality, they are a free horse so Breyer isn't going to put too much effort into them unfortunately.

Thank you. I wonder why they did him this yellow mane, while real Nazruddin has mane of almost the same colour as body colour. Also the head marking is slightly different. To me he is a rarity, available in Europe only thanks to MPV, I didn't realized for Breyer he is just a free horse that goes with tickets... useful tip, in future I should maybe consider getting some of SRs.

Last edited by onatello on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2017 3:57 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Drakulka

Drakulka

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 4:38 am

Wow, so many new additions and all of them are just lovely! Congrats! That saddle Totilas is modeling is LUSH! I need one too Razz Lol.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 9:05 am

Thank you Andreas and Drakulka!
Yes, the saddle is amazing, I'm happy I got it.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas, too!

Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 9:09 am

I love the coat of this last model. Marwaries are always special, and it is hard to put their charming on a model.

I have several models I've been hating for a long time and, after a while, I'm starting to see on them some amazing things. I hope you find a new vision of your new model soon Wink
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 6:14 am

Songbird wrote:
I love the coat of this last model. Marwaries are always special, and it is hard to put their charming on a model.

I have several models I've been hating for a long time and, after a while, I'm starting to see on them some amazing things. I hope you find a new vision of your new model soon Wink

Thank you, no doubt the sculpt and colour are beautiful, I was only disappointed with the flaws cause I was expecting LSQ horse. It always help me to take some photos of new (disappointing) model to see its better things Wink I'm not able to sell him, he is definitely a keeper, though he will be prancing on shelf behind some "nicer" ponies.

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi there,
Nazruddin wasn't my only Breyer addition in September. On the very last day of it, I attended a model horse show and came back with some second hand models and things (and some prizes).
I bought several things from a girl who sold me Bouncer + Stablemates in March:
Some accessories from various sets, I appreciate that they're made of different materials to look real.
There was this lovely veterinarian set with can of medicine looking so real:

Here is my Bouncer with some of feed accessories, I hope I will be able to take some outdoor photo using these things next spring/summer.

I also bought 3 Stablemates from her, two on G2 pirouetting Warmblood by Moody:

One is dark bay:

with interesting large face marking:
I "registered" him to my collection as Belgian Warmblood.

The other one is nice chestnut:
I guess he is not that metallic in person, sun was about to set and made him shine.
This one I registered and will show as Czech Warmblood.

He has very nice realistic eyes:
Brown with horizontal pupil, what I realized actually few days after buying him.

And this is my biggest conga at the end of 2017 (will be updated soon, as a new horse on this mold arrived in January).
It's sort of ironic that I've started conga on Moody's mold, she's not my favourite sculptor. But I like this Warmblood by her. I have now some OFs and one repaint, I would like to have an etched and a glossy model in this conga.

Together with these two I bought Friesian by Jane Lunger in bay and in body quality:
He had rub on his hip and foreleg, I decided to etch him to a barock pinto. Etching part is already finished, but he needs new hooves and eyes, photos coming soon.

She also sold me some Breyer Companion Animals, but I got more of them during October and November, so I post them later.
Good evening!

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 10:13 pm

Lovely additions! I like the leopard app WB Very Happy

Benga

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 3:33 am

Looks amazing! Congrats!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 5:11 am

Such extremely neat accessories cheers

And beautyful hores also, - that konga line is I love you

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 7:01 am

Thank you, LeeAnn [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Benga [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and Susanne [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!
Happy you like my "conga", it is still nothing compared to congas I've seen on instagram or here.

The leopard WB is painted by me :) he will get bride during this year' NaMoPaiMo Wink

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 8:44 am

Hi again,
on that model horse show in September, I got even smaller additions than the Stablemates. I bought 3 Mini Whinnies repaints from the artist who did some commissioned repaints for me.
Grulla on cutting Stock horse mare. I already have this mold (my very first MW) as OF, because of very thin legs it usually sits on the hind legs, but you can arrange it to proper position to take photos.

The other twos were on molds, that were new for me:
Brown Quarter horse perfoming sliding stop.
I like the mold, I had wanted it, though his hind legs could be stronger.

The last one was this amazing red roan tobiano on pulling draft horse:
I really like the pose, the movement is so well captured, with the power and energy in it. Consider the very small size (only few centimetres) and origin of the mold (late 90's) it is much better than the current Schleich, sadly...
The artist did very good job on its colour, I like the roaning. Gonna show him definitely, as North American Spotted Draft.

I tried to match colours of background with colours of these tiny cuties, hope you enjoy them.
Have a nice Sunday afternoon cheers

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 8:54 am

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Drakulka

Drakulka

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 8:57 am

Wow [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! Your collection has some lovely additions. I really like the custom mini whinnies! Gorgeous paint job on them as well! <3 I have no mini whinnies in my collection but now I feel like I need some. It's interesting how we go from large to tiny, lol! I really enjoy your additions posts, please keep them coming Razz

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 4:02 pm

Thank you, Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!
Mini Whinnies are cute, but I hadn't wanted to collect them formerly. Then one has appeared as a gift and made me to get more of them. I prefer OF on other scales, but as for the MW I'm focused more on CM. Their factory paintjob (logically) is not that good due to their small size. And it's wonderful what some artist are able to do in this scale. During this week I should get MW foal, so I will have the tiniest horse I've ever seen.
I'm happy you like my posts, there are still some additions to share - next post will be full of Breyer Companion Animals - and I also got some horses in January. So stay tuned Wink

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 5:19 pm

Hi there,
I FINALLY forced myself to share my Breyer Companion animals I got during autumn. I'm really behind with updating my threads, but there's so much going on at college + I have new job...

I really like some of Breyer animals, Breyer surely produces not only stunning horses, but beautiful dogs (and cats and others) as well. Now available only in sets I have very few of them, and they're mostly second hand buys. The first one was this "happy dog":
Its eyes are funny, maybe a bit silly, but it looks definitely very enthusiastic. The mold referred to as Black Labrador was sculpted by Susan Carlton Sifton.
This one is from ASPCA Benefit set in cross-bred colours, maybe a lab/pitt cross? I like her, nice companion to trotting ponies.

Together with her I bought also a cat:
Stretching cat aka Calico cat by Kathleen Moody in a blue tabby.
The colour is very nice, though she is yellowed from one side:
I guess the stretching tom cat by Schleich is more detailed, this cat is rather stylized. But I was definitely very happy that I got at least one dog and cat by Breyer.
And then, ultimate must have appeared on a German website. The Red Irish Setter, NIB!
It was retired in 2006, so the unpacked one is quite a rarity, and they had more breeds in stock, but they sold out very quickly, before I changed my mind which of them to purchase, most of them were gone. Luckily the setter was still there.
The sculpt is by Kitty Cantrell, who sculpted most of Stone Horses and some Breyers as well. It is very elegant and athletic.
Its colour could be darker, a rich tone of chestnut or mahagony though.

It has the vital, smart, loyal and slightly melancholic expression I remember from a setter I used to know:

And a typical delicate head shape:
She was definitely my holy grail, I would never expect I can get one.
Setters will always have special place in my heart thanks to personal experience with this magnificent breed, so I'm really really happy I could add such a representant of the breed to my collection.
But she wasn't the last Breyer Companion Animal I got. A collector in a facebook group offered two small animals. Another cat and a Corgi!
It was also sculpted same as the Lab by Susan Carlton Sifton, and it's really cute.
There is not a lot of Corgis among animal replicas, and this one is very nice, I like the colour variant I got very much.
He still needs a name, I'm thinking about something royal as this breed became famous thanks to British Queen who have several Corgis.

The kitty who came with him was the second feline mold Breyer has, also by Kathleen Moody, known as Silver Tabby (based on first released colour). But mine is white.
So I challenged myself with white on white photo.

She is smaller than the stretching one.

Its eyes are strange, but I saw also the blue eyed grey tabby variant from ASPCA set whose eyes were creepy.

So this is my small none-equine Breyer collection.
Thank you for your attention!

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 5:48 pm

These pictures are awesome and show us rare models of domestic animals.

Big congratulations. cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Breyer and other newcomers   My first Breyer and other newcomers - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

My first Breyer and other newcomers
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next