Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!

Go down 
+22
MartinH
Suebeedo
Admin
Ana
Joan Milelire
ken yeo
lucky luke
Sumo
aandmkw
Sergey
remrock02
remowshake
SUSANNE
Rio
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
widukind
Kikimalou
joaovinicius16
Philter4
Kristie
Roger
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2011, 21:36

Hello everyone. Here you have a picture of the group of animals I received today from Mojö. Tomorrow I'll start a new thread with more pics of the figurines Very Happy

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 Imagen10

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2011, 21:41

Great Joan cheers It seems Mojö is a "collector friendly" company. Can't wait to see some bigger and closer pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2011, 21:48

Abu Rai wrote:
Hello everyone. Here you have a picture of the group of animals I received today from Mojö. Tomorrow I'll start a new thread with more pics of the figurines Very Happy

...Congrats, Joan! All of them very good models!

cheers
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2011, 22:03

Abu Rai wrote:
Tomorrow I'll start a new thread with more pics of the figurines Very Happy
So, in less than 2 hours... Laughing

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2011, 22:23

I love the look of the Bison and jaguar very much!! The mammoth looks fantastic too. bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2011, 22:36

Joan fantastic, I can not wait to see pictures of the subjects individually on all sides. From what I saw, there are a few really nice detail is perfect, but "low-cap" for a great introduction to the subject .
I look forward to the Black Panther, I love it already cheers sunny cyclops
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2011, 22:50

First of all Mr. James Connolli, from Mojö, told me that he is reading all comments and he is very thankful for it! Of course he is happy with the nice comments but if you see something that you don't like he will considere our oppinion and use to improove the figures!

Congratulations Juan! cheers
All your figures look very nice! I'm very curious about the bison and wolf!
I'll keep posting pictures here to get not confuse!
Loved to see a closer pic of your hyena! Suspect :)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2011, 23:16

Roger wrote:
First of all Mr. James Connolli, from Mojö, told me that he is reading all comments and he is very thankful for it! Of course he is happy with the nice comments but if you see something that you don't like he will considere our oppinion and use to improove the figures!

Congratulations Juan! cheers
All your figures look very nice! I'm very curious about the bison and wolf!
I'll keep posting pictures here to get not confuse!
Loved to see a closer pic of your hyena! Suspect :)
There is something about the lion's nose I don't quite like, too pointy? I can't put my finger on what it is. I would say the lion needs more of a chin - here's a good picture
Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 African_Male_Lion12

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2011, 23:28

HKHollinstone wrote:

There is something about the lion's nose I don't quite like, too pointy? I can't put my finger on what it is. I would say the lion needs more of a chin - here's a good picture
Loose lips and weak underjaw

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2011, 23:33

skysthelimit wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

Loose lips and weak underjaw
Yes Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Mar 2011, 23:43

Thanks Robert and Harriet, you are geting the right feeling! Very Happy
Anyway my lion and smilodon are not final products! Next days we will have a walk arround from these two figures!
About the chin and lower jaw I agree completly, in this walking pose noses get pointy, it happens with our domestic cats, anyway I think also that the nose should be shorter, but slightly!

Maybe it's better we concentrate in the giraffe, that's female reticulated giraffe of the same size of Schleich female!
Ask your comprehension for my pictures but here goes a closer pic of the head!affraid :)

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 Mojo4b
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 01:46

The size of the giraffe is exactly the same of the Schleich female reticulated giraffe in catalogue!
The fur is sculpted gracefuly, slightly less shiny and elements of the head with a delicate sculpt,the chin is detailed, broader lips, thiner horns and ears!have a long and furry tail, not attached to the legit is Martin who loves furry tails? Wink Loved see thiner legs but maybe safety rules again!
Another perspective of this gentle lady!

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 Mojo4c
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 08:35

She seems pretty perfect to me in sculpting, maybe some things about the paint work... The spots on the neck where they meet the mane, there shouldn't be such a gap I don't think
Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 Giraffareticulat12

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 08:42

HKHollinstone wrote:
The spots on the neck where they meet the mane, there shouldn't be such a gap I don't think
And the stripe on her spine goes all the way down to the base of her tail, that should be changed. Otherwise, it's very nice animal... cheers

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 09:01

skysthelimit wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
The spots on the neck where they meet the mane, there shouldn't be such a gap I don't think
And the stripe on her spine goes all the way down to the base of her tail, that should be changed. Otherwise, it's very nice animal... cheers
Yes, Robert's right there shouldn't be a line there - It's really hard finding a picture of a Giraffe's back but here's one:
Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 Giraffes

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 12:08

Thanks again Harriet and Robert!
Developer will love to know it and your oppinions are surely welcome!cheers
Harriet, I'll show to Mojo a photo of your AAA girafe if you don't mind! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 14:26

Roger wrote:
Thanks again Harriet and Robert!
Developer will love to know it and your oppinions are surely welcome!cheers
Harriet, I'll show to Mojo a photo of your AAA girafe if you don't mind! Very Happy
I don't mind Embarassed Very Happy

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 14:27

Just don't ask her to send a giraffe Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 15:02

skysthelimit wrote:
Just don't ask her to send a giraffe Laughing

...or ask him to send her a giraffe???
I hope he don't read this!!! pale Embarassed Wink
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 15:04

Laughing

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 16:53

Roger, I am quite of the same opinion as Harriet and Robert, we see too the spine, the spots should be larger, it lacks the tail and some on the legs, but the model is pleasant.
On the nose you should put a little gloss ....?
And the great stain on the back is ugly to my taste ...
Wink cyclops

I am a bit amused to see what it could give ........???? Embarassed

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 Moyo_g10

silent

It is clear, Harriet and AAA is the top model, but produce it in series shook really too complicated ...... Damage sunny cheers queen
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 17:19

[quote="lucky luke

I am a bit amused to see what it could give ........???? Embarassed

silent
It is clear, Harriet and AAA is the top model, but produce it in series shook really too complicated ...... Damage sunny cheers queen [/quote]

Laughing Thanks Luke! ...but no monkeys or apes in catalogue!SadWink

You are right, Harriete's giraffe is perfect! Only Harriet can be more perfect than her giraffe! pale drunken Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 17:31

lucky luke wrote:
On the nose you should put a little gloss ....?
Thank you Luke and Roger. I saw a video of Safari ltd painters, painting one of their giraffes, they were amazingly quick.
I don't think the nose needs to be glossy, Giraffes noses are quite hairy really.

Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 18:18

HKHollinstone wrote:
I saw a video of Safari ltd painters, painting one of their giraffes, they were amazingly quick.

harriet, where can we see that video? (I'm beginning to paint my sumatran rinho and I'd like to be so quick clown Cool Laughing

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Mar 2011, 18:44

Abu Rai wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
I saw a video of Safari ltd painters, painting one of their giraffes, they were amazingly quick.

harriet, where can we see that video? (I'm beginning to paint my sumatran rinho and I'd like to be so quick clown Cool Laughing
Laughing Very Happy
It was on you tube, I can't remember what it was called.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!   Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next