Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My NF animals made in Hong Kong

Go down 
+15
Stripedhyena
Bonnie
Malikye13
VexVamp
widukind
pipsxlch
sueinisloo
summerisle
WhiteLightning Wolf
Bowhead Whale
Roger
Kikimalou
Thitanium Prince
Taos
SUSANNE
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 9:48 am

Nice horses

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 04, 2023 6:12 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Yesterday, when I looked at the NF page on TAW, I saw that a few dogs (the pages are not created yet, however) have also been added to the list of NF toys. I have a question: whoever added those dogs, how did you know these models existed if you don't own them? Where did you see them? I'm very curious because these are figures I can certainly hunt down for myself!

I have this information from another collector but I don't know who added it on TAW. You can see the three uploaded dogs on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 10:47 pm

I almost got the NF German Shepherd one day, on Ebay. But my bid was outbidded by some $%?& Ebay Sniper at the last minute...
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NF Bendable Polar Bear

NF Bendable Tiger

NF Bendable Zebra

Hi! Yesterday, via Ebay. I received the rest of the NF Bendable series (with a few doubles, of course, which you will soon see in my market page). Here are three of them for now: the POLAR BEAR, the TIGER and the ZEBRA. They are all on Toy Animal Wiki, on both company and species page.

Except for the Zebra. Oh! It is on the NF page. But I was totally unable to put it on its SPECIES page. Why? Because, while trying to edit, I could not find the content of the gallery anywhere, in the "Edit Sourse" pages. I tried, and tried and tried. Nothing. Can anyone help me, please?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:35 pm

NF Bendable Giraffe

NF Bendable Stag

NF Bendable Camel

And here is the rest of the series. Now, our Toy Animal Wiki NF BENDABLE SERIES is complete. As I said earlier, only the Zebra is not on the species page yet because I was unable to put it there.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:51 pm

They're so funny. If they're complete I will makea little gallery. Which species do you want me to put the zebra? Laughing

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 10:59 pm

Roger wrote:
They're so funny. If they're complete I will makea little gallery. Which species do you want me to put the zebra? Laughing
I think it is supposed to be a Plains Zebra. The stripes on the rear are horizontal, so it cannot be a Grevy's. Anyway, the regular NF Zebra figure also is a plains zebra, so it is somehow logical the bendy counterpart also represents the same species.

For the gallery: do you want me to take a group picture?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2023 11:35 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
I think it is supposed to be a Plains Zebra. The stripes on the rear are horizontal, so it cannot be a Grevy's. Anyway, the regular NF Zebra figure also is a plains zebra, so it is somehow logical the bendy counterpart also represents the same species.

I agree 100% and it is now listed as a Plains zebra.
Can you take a banner like picture? If you do, with the figures spreading in landscape mode, I will use it. Very Happy

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 12:31 am

Congratulations on completing your collection Valerie!
They are very cute and all with fun expressions. I think the zebra looks happy Very Happy.
The polar bear is rather hard to guess at first that it is a bendable figure. They also look pretty small figures!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 12:20 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 9:32 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

Can you take a banner like picture? If you do, with the figures spreading in landscape mode, I will use it. Very Happy

I just thought of something: the regular figure line includes a gorilla and a black panther. What if a black panther and a gorilla also exist in the bendable line? It's true I have never seen them, but it doesn't mean they don't exist. So, I think I will wait and make more research before taking a group photo. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 9:52 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

I just thought of something: the regular figure line includes a gorilla and a black panther. What if a black panther and a gorilla also exist in the bendable line? It's true I have never seen them, but it doesn't mean they don't exist. So, I think I will wait and make more research before taking a group photo. What do you think?

I think you might be right.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 9:55 pm

sunny wrote:
Congratulations on completing your collection Valerie!
They are very cute and all with fun expressions. I think the zebra looks happy Very Happy.
The polar bear is rather hard to guess at first that it is a bendable figure. They also look pretty small figures!

Yes, it is a very unique set indeed.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 10:25 pm

Yup! Just as I suspected: the BLACK PANTHER and the GORILLA both exist in the bendy line. I have just seen them on Ebay, with a whole collection of bendies from the same series (and with a lot of doubles and triples). There, they are marked "T.T.T." and "Made in Indonesia", but that is barely a surprise: those molds, even if they were first used by N.F., were also used by Imperial. A few NF bendies are even marked by both "NF" and "Imperial" (yes, it is true!). So, I'm not that surprised to see them used by a third manufacturer. Just like the AAA molds that have been used also by either Safari ltd and Toy Major.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 12:32 am

Great job finding that information. There's a convergent way of business during all those decades, it is fun to learn about it.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 26, 2023 6:11 pm

I managed to find my NF draught horse.Think its a copy of a Breyer model.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 11:08 pm

Taos wrote:
I managed to find my NF draught horse.Think its a copy of a Breyer model.

Congratulations! And yes, I think it is a copy of Breyer. Their Lipizzaner is a copy of a Breyer mold also.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 12:34 am

That whole set of horses are Breyer copies, and of some molds you don't usually see copied like the classic Arabian mare by Maureen Love which I think is pretty interesting!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 2:10 am

Jill wrote:
That whole set of horses are Breyer copies, and of some molds you don't usually see copied like the classic Arabian mare by Maureen Love which I think is pretty interesting!

Which one is a copy of the arabian? The Orlov Trotter?
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 2:05 pm

There is a topic that we do not talk too much about. That is how we have come to have this passion for animal figures (beyond the preferences in species, brands, materials and periods that each one of us have). And I think it is the root of why we are here in this forum, something purely emotional, psychological and even Freudian ...

I remember, when I was very little boy, that in front of my school there was a candy and sweets store. I remember that in the window of the store (which was something like a narrow shelf between the glass that separated the store from the street and a grille with circular modules) were held these animals, more typical of a horror movie than a serious collector, between the bags of candy. Today I know they are extra-cheap versions of NF... But I know, for example, that my fascination for tiger figures with a very saturated orange color comes, in large part, from the memory of this tiger looking at me behind the crystal. The first Schleich had not yet arrived in Spain, which would be (along with AAA and Bullyland) the brand that would bring some quality to the popular animal toys of my time. How naive I was to think that Schleich was the best! I would still live in that naivety for almost 3 decades, now I know that there were wonderful figures as early as 1900....

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 10:19 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 7:29 pm

I can't tell for the tiger but let me tell you the rhino is really something Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 7:42 pm

That rhino is stuff for nightmares affraid

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 7:48 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I can't tell for the tiger but let me tell you the rhino is really something Shocked

Yeah...it's an NF version of Halloween. But don't you think it has a great kitsch charm?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2023 9:16 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Yeah...it's an NF version of Halloween. But don't you think it has a great kitsch charm?

affraid Of course cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

My NF animals made in Hong Kong
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next