Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My NF animals made in Hong Kong

Go down 
+15
Stripedhyena
Bonnie
Malikye13
VexVamp
widukind
pipsxlch
sueinisloo
summerisle
WhiteLightning Wolf
Bowhead Whale
Roger
Kikimalou
Thitanium Prince
Taos
SUSANNE
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 11th 2017, 20:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AFRICAN ELEPHANT

INDIAN RHINOCEROS

POLAR BEAR

GORILLA

Here are my new NF animals: an African Elephant, an Indian Rhinocéros, a Polar Bear and a Gorilla. I also received a hippopotamus, but its upper jaw is ripped off: I will repair it before posting it here.

These animals are now in my "Contributions" page on TAI and they are ready to be added as soon as we discover the true identity of NF.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 12th 2017, 02:22

Congratulations Valérie! You have already a very interesting group of these figures. We must find a way to list them on TAI once pictures are already introduced and it shows a good batch. Strange it keeps so misterious. scratch

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 12th 2017, 08:25

Amazing cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 12th 2017, 16:25

Interesting stuff :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 12th 2017, 20:33

And here is my repaired NF HIPPOPOTAMUS. I had to make it a new upper jaw, since the previous owner ripped it off completely in the past. I used a screwed metal hook, a piece of wood, silliccone, sawdust and paint to replace it. It is also uploaded in my "Contributions" page on TAI and waiting to be put somewhere.

The only real clues I have about the identity of this company is the epoch when they were available: those animals were in stores AROUND 1984 and 1985. I bought my lion, tiger and stag in 1985 or 1984. I remember they were not packaged: they were gathered in a big box besides the seller's cash register. So, we have to look for a toy manufacturer who released its merchandise in the mid-1980's. study

On EBay, I also saw that NF didn't make only animals: they also made bendable figures of cartoon-style humans. I saw one on sale there. So, we have to look for a company that made more than one sort of toys, not just animals. These are the clues I have. study
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 12th 2017, 21:57

Poor hippo !!! But fortunately he found a new owner who has artistic skills and a warm hippo-heart cheers

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 14th 2017, 20:30

SUSANNE wrote:
Poor hippo !!! But fortunately he found a new owner who has artistic skills and a warm hippo-heart cheers

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2017, 05:28

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2017, 21:02

We have now ELEVEN NF ANIMALS. I already uploaded them all in my TAI Contributions page. If only anybody could find the exact identity of NF. As I said earlier, those animals were available in the mid-1980's.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 22nd 2017, 01:06

Bowhead Whale wrote:
We have now ELEVEN NF ANIMALS. I already uploaded them all in my TAI Contributions page. If only anybody could find the exact identity of NF. As I said earlier, those animals were available in the mid-1980's.

Tired of not finding any information about these figures, I decided to open a page on TAI just called NF. Wink Not a very orthodox method but after some thought on it, I decided that they should have a page and grouped.
As soon as we find the exact name of the brand, it could be all renamed. So, you can start using your pictures there whenever you want. Very Happy
By the way, I also renamed the name of this thread once unlikely it is Neo-Form and maybe other collectors searching for a NF marked figure can find this topic better entitled like that. Idea

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 22nd 2017, 05:11

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:

Tired of not finding any information about these figures, I decided to open a page on TAI just called NF. Wink  Not a very orthodox method but after some thought on it, I decided that they should have a page and grouped.
As soon as we find the exact name of the brand, it could be all renamed. So, you can start using your pictures there whenever you want. Very Happy
By the way, I also renamed the name of this thread once unlikely it is Neo-Form and maybe other collectors searching for a NF marked figure can find this topic better entitled like that. Idea

Applause
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 24th 2017, 21:24

OK! I'm starting right now.

Huh... could anyone explain to me what's going on, please? It's impossible for me to add the NF Lion in the Taxonomy page. Why? BECAUSE THE AFRICAN LION TITLE IS NOT LINKED TO ANY PAGE. In other words, I have absolutely no access to the African Lion's gallery. Could someone fix that, please? I tried to link it like the other ones, by adding the [[ and ]] around the title ([[ and ]] were missing totally). But it wasn't enough. "African Lion" is written in red. It's better than the previous black, but it's supposed to be blue. And it's supposed to be linked to the gallery... Sad
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 24th 2017, 22:27

OK, now the NF lion is added on Taxonomy's page, with lots of tryal and error. But there is still an issue with the African Lion title. It needs to be fixed, please.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 24th 2017, 23:10

Bowhead Whale wrote:
OK, now the NF lion is added on Taxonomy's page, with lots of tryal and error. But there is still an issue with the African Lion title. It needs to be fixed, please.

It is fixed now! Very Happy
About adding lions, we should never right just "Lion" on animal name. We should always write the exact subspecies. When we don't know, we just write "African lion" unless there are obvious evidences that it is not. study

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyDecember 1st 2017, 21:26

Alright! Now, we still need more NF animals for TAI. Anyone has any?
Back to top Go down
summerisle

Country/State : England

PostSubject: ...Giraffe   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 14th 2018, 20:16

Hi. Not sure if anybody is still interested in this old thread but these NF animals have been a great bewilderment to me over the years. Growing up in the 80s in the U.K. the NF logo was only too apparent (right wing group) and as children we couldn’t believe these toys had the same logo Crying or Very sad

My mother has always told me she bought them when I was two (1978/9) and they were loose. Supplied to us by the famous Liverpool Lewis’ department store.

I have the Giraffe that I didn’t see listed, and also I’ve added the Hippo as my one is still intact so you guys can see the original snout.

Still a great mystery though.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 14th 2018, 20:45

Welcome on forum, summerisle! We love when old threads are revived. Mainly those about something we want to know more about. Very Happy Thanks a lot for your additional information and for sharing the hippo and giraffe with us. May I use your pictures at Toy Animal Wiki to enrich the NF page? Very Happy

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 14th 2018, 23:28

Hi, thanks. Yes please do. I’m glad I could provide a small blast of nostalgia
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2018, 01:16

summerisle wrote:
Hi, thanks. Yes please do. I’m glad I could provide a small blast of nostalgia

I did, thanks! Now the toy your Mother bought is part of the most important online source for toy animal collectors and now they are actors of this ark of nostalgia. You can see, for instance, your treasured giraffe in this page among lots of others. Very Happy Please let us know if there are more blasts of nostalgia to be shared. bounce

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyNovember 15th 2018, 08:23

summerisle wrote:
Hi. Not sure if anybody is still interested in this old thread but these NF animals have been a great bewilderment to me over the years. Growing up in the 80s in the U.K. the NF logo was only too apparent (right wing group) and as children we couldn’t believe these toys had the same logo Crying or Very sad

My mother has always told me she bought them when I was two (1978/9) and they were loose. Supplied to us by the famous Liverpool Lewis’ department store.

I have the Giraffe that I didn’t see listed, and also I’ve added the Hippo as my one is still intact so you guys can see the original snout.

Still a great mystery though.

Welcome here. Never seen figurines are always interesting :)

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyJanuary 31st 2019, 23:14

I didn't know NF made a giraffe!!!
Back to top Go down
sueinisloo

Country/State : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyOctober 1st 2019, 05:19

Hello everyone
I just found your forum whilst attempting to research my NL elephant. My elephant seems to be slightly different to the other examples listed here in that he is made of soft rubber/plastic and has bendy legs and trunk. He is about 2" high and 4" long with trunk fully extended. He is marked N F and made in Hong Kong. There is also a register #. I know this is an old thread, but l just thought l would add to the NF "puzzle"
I like vintage stuuff and found my little guy in a second hand shop , so l don't have any history to help this thread re dating. Regards. su
Back to top Go down
sueinisloo

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyOctober 1st 2019, 05:22

Oops sorry me again l just realised that l wrote NL in the above post (first sentence) l meant NF. su
Back to top Go down
sueinisloo

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyOctober 1st 2019, 05:55

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 EmptyOctober 1st 2019, 06:33

sueinisloo wrote:

Excellent ! thsi incredible elephant would have a place in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] topic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My NF animals made in Hong Kong
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next