Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2807

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Roger wrote:

About the horses I'm not the best person to discuss about it, but what I know is only this, Equus ferus is the scientific name for all horses, so this is the species, for subspecies we have Equus ferus cabbalus for the domesticated horses, Equus ferus przewalskii for the Przewalskii horse and Equus ferus ferus for the Tarpan, already extinct 100 years ago, so not a prehistoric animals for sure and should be introduced in wild life series! But in this forum are many people with a much higher knowledge about horses than me and one of them are you Willy! cheers Is nice to learn with someone who have something to teach! study Very Happy
Thanks Willy and Ana! flower cheers

Yes, I forgot to say that the Pzewalski has its own scientific name: equus ferus przewalskii, as you said. It´s the only living horse which is not an "equus ferus caballus". Anyway is the same thing: "wild horses" is incorrect, you must say "Przewalski" Wink

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/26714361

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:07 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
[
Yes, I forgot to say that the Pzewalski has its own scientific name: equus ferus przewalskii, as you said. It´s the only living horse which is not an "equus ferus caballus". Anyway is the same thing: "wild horses" is incorrect, you must say "Przewalski" Wink

Thanks Sylvia, I thought tarpan and prswwalski were bouth wild horses and those you told in the other reply were feral horses! Wild for those never domesticated , anyway this question is not very important for this topic . The species classification is always composed by two names (Equus cabbalus) so I should accept it has a horse, and horses have their own series! Very Happy These trinomial names are for subspecies and these are the rules in scientific classification! :)
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2807

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 pm

Roger wrote:


Thanks Sylvia, I thought tarpan and prswwalski were bouth wild horses and those you told in the other reply were feral horses! Wild for those never domesticated , anyway this question is not very important for this topic . The species classification is always composed by two names (Equus cabbalus) so I should accept it has a horse, and horses have their own series! Very Happy These trinomial names are for subspecies and these are the rules in scientific classification! :)


Horses are "equus ferus caballus" because it was thought that "wild horses" and domestic horses were different. So domestic were Equus caballus and "wilds" were Equus ferus (Equus ferus ferus for Tarpan, and Equus ferus przewalski for Przewalski horses). But later scientists saw that they were the same, so they call horses Equus ferus in general; Equus ferus przewalski for Przewalski horses and Equus ferus caballus for all the other horses.

At least, that´s the version I know...


_________________
Visit my collection gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/26714361

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:38 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
Roger wrote:


Thanks Sylvia, I thought tarpan and prswwalski were bouth wild horses and those you told in the other reply were feral horses! Wild for those never domesticated , anyway this question is not very important for this topic . The species classification is always composed by two names (Equus cabbalus) so I should accept it has a horse, and horses have their own series! Very Happy These trinomial names are for subspecies and these are the rules in scientific classification! :)


Horses are "equus ferus caballus" because it was thought that "wild horses" and domestic horses were different. So domestic were Equus caballus and "wilds" were Equus ferus (Equus ferus ferus for Tarpan, and Equus ferus przewalski for Przewalski horses). But later scientists saw that they were the same, so they call horses Equus ferus in general; Equus ferus przewalski for Przewalski horses and Equus ferus caballus for all the other horses.

At least, that´s the version I know...


Thanks Sylvia, so I'm using the newest classification! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
The meaning of species is something conceptual, for example, all giraffes are from the same species and because of political and protection laws scientists are trying to put the various subspecies of giraffes as different species! Of course in a topic where the choice is a dog or a horse doesn't makes sense to talk about species but breeds or in giraffes in subspecies! in this situation we have a large range of animals and I need to use something that works with all animals, so I think the concept of species is eficient!
Then we will choose from a top 10 and the winner, if it has some subspecies, I will creat another topic to discuss which subspecies we want and the pose, scale etc. But in these questions it will be a friendly discussion and not a votation!
Enjoy learning is my favourite hobby!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2807

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:00 pm

You´re welcome, I always love to learn new things too!

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/26714361

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:15 pm

MD1985 wrote:
the kudu is my favourite animal since im back from Africa, so they will be on nr1 with all my animal lists Very Happy


...But Martijn my friend! Schleich produced in 2011 nice kudus family! And Papo produced in 2010 gorgeous kudu model (but a scale is too big). And you need one more from Mojo? Laughing Laughing Laughing Me is the "Bear-man", our Martin is "Giraffe-man" and you will be "Kudu-man"! Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Hmmmm! I think Sergey wants Martijn voting in a bear!!!What a Face Isn't it Sergey? Laughing ...and I am what, the crocman???
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2807

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:36 pm

I supose I could be the "equinegirl" ^^

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/26714361

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Roger wrote:
Hmmmm! I think Sergey wants Martijn voting in a bear!!!What a Face Isn't it Sergey? Laughing ...and I am what, the crocman???

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
...It,s enough black bears debates! Though on my energies only ONE black bear now in the top - Ursus Thibetanus aka Hymalaian bear. Look at this:
- Ursus Thibetanus - Me, Kiryuha, Harriet - 3 votes
- Ursus malayanus (Biruang) - Me, Ana - only 2 votes
- Spectacled bear - Atabini, Jean luke - only 2 votes
- Sloth bear (Melursus Ursinus) - Phil - only 1 vote

So - don,t worry Crocman-Roger about "bear conspiration"! Laughing Laughing Only ONE black bear will be in the top. So sorry for me... Sad Sad Sad Laughing Laughing

_________________
My topic on STS
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Sergey wrote:
Roger wrote:
Hmmmm! I think Sergey wants Martijn voting in a bear!!!What a Face Isn't it Sergey? Laughing ...and I am what, the crocman???

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
...It,s enough black bears debates! Though on my energies only ONE black bear now in the top - Ursus Thibetanus aka Hymalaian bear. Look at this:
- Ursus Thibetanus - Me, Kiryuha, Harriet - 3 votes
- Ursus malayanus (Biruang) - Me, Ana - only 2 votes
- Spectacled bear - Atabini, Jean luke - only 2 votes
- Sloth bear (Melursus Ursinus) - Phil - only 1 vote

So - don,t worry Crocman-Roger about "bear conspiration"! Laughing Laughing Only ONE black bear will be in the top. So sorry for me... Sad Sad Sad Laughing Laughing

Much more clever Sergey, so you will not split the votes between many bears! There are lot of species of crocodiles not in brand's ranges, sometimes some crocodiles are not identified in terms of species, but my story in this forum teached me that nobody wants a crocodile! Sad Sad Sad But I will continue anyway! Whatever is the choice I hope everybody gets proud and glad with it and feels that it is your own choice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2807

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:02 pm

How are the votes now?

Onager has 2 votes, me and Susanne :)

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/26714361

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:07 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
How are the votes now?

Onager has 2 votes, me and Susanne :)

First 3 places: Sable antelope, bongo and clouded leopard. Onager is not in top 10! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30647

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Roger wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:
How are the votes now?

Onager has 2 votes, me and Susanne :)

First 3 places: Sable antelope, bongo and clouded leopard. Onager is not in top 10! Very Happy

Arrrrw Crying or Very sad

CM on, all you horsey girls Basketball Basketball Basketball queen
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:21 pm

I'm thinking in near future to ask Mojo to let us choose a figure for horse series, what do horsegirls think of it???:)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14753

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:20 am

Rogbear... No no no scratch Crocger cheers

So... because I don't want to let my dear Sergbear crying, because I don't want to let this moon bear be the top10 bear and... Because I'm the crazy french macaque geek

1 - Malayan bear
2 - red river hog
3 - Cassowary

tongue

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11295

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:31 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Rogbear... No no no scratch Crocger cheers

So... because I don't want to let my dear Sergbear crying, because I don't want to let this moon bear be the top10 bear and... Because I'm the crazy french macaque geek

1 - Malayan bear
2 - red river hog
3 - Cassowary

tongue
Christophe you'll have to edit your previous vote from "Sable Antelope" to "Malayan Bear" bounce

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2807

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:36 am

Roger wrote:
I'm thinking in near future to ask Mojo to let us choose a figure for horse series, what do horsegirls think of it???:)

Uhm, very difficult to say... Maybe a Brumby or an Asturcón.

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/26714361

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30647

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 am

Roger wrote:
I'm thinking in near future to ask Mojo to let us choose a figure for horse series, what do horsegirls think of it???:)

This is a very competitive market, there are SO many already.
But as Sylvia says, there are many more

A Frederiksborger, perhaps ?

Or a lipizzaner stallion? One that really looks like a lipizzaner , the immensely powerfull, athletic, deep old type ? Not just a white/greay riding horse as most models for chidren are.

Mongolian horse ?

Fell- or Dale ponies are very unusual and beautyful also...

Ha, ha, Roger, I started out thinking there were not many that have not been made, but now I got going, - YESSS it is a brilliant idea cheers

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9631

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:54 am

Roger wrote:
I'm thinking in near future to ask Mojo to let us choose a figure for horse series, what do horsegirls think of it???:)

I think Suffolk Punch, Konik horse and maybe Fjord?
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14753

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:02 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Rogbear... No no no scratch Crocger cheers

So... because I don't want to let my dear Sergbear crying, because I don't want to let this moon bear be the top10 bear and... Because I'm the crazy french macaque geek

1 - Malayan bear
2 - red river hog
3 - Cassowary

tongue
Christophe you'll have to edit your previous vote from "Sable Antelope" to "Malayan Bear" bounce

Ok Harriet Wink

I still don't understand how it works... But I did it cheers

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30647

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:34 am

Kikimalou wrote:


1 - Malayan bear
2 - red river hog
3 - Cassowary

..... still don't understand how it works... But I did it cheers

How do I do it If I also want to change my suggestions ?
Did you edit in the original suggestions, Christophe ?

Should we let you know if we change, Roger, how is it easier for you to keep track ?
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2807

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:40 am

A wild Asturcón: See Susanne´s answer below :)

And a domestic one:

You can find some good info about those ponys here (in Spanish): http://www.mapa.es/app/zootecnia/fichas.aspx?pag=asturcon


I also thought about other breeds, but I would like a new one!



EDITED: OMG the first photo is HUGE! I don´t know how to resize it, I´m sorry Sad

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/26714361

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!


Last edited by SyLoBe on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30647

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:03 am

lol! He is HUGE, - can`t fit on my screen Laughing

Here :

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:20 am

Dear friends, who wants to change the choices, is easier for me to count if you edit in the original post, you try to find it in this 14 pages, click in edit and change what you want and post again!
Any doubt you could always pm or ask here.
Or I'll have to read all posts carefully to understand which are the choices of which one!
At the end of the day I'll close the game and tell you the top 10! My choices are the last and editing after it will be not accepted!
Have nice choices and enjoy! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 26003

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:55 am

Very good information. And i see a lot of interesting proposals.

Here are my 3 animals:

Hoatzin
Blackbuck
Rock Hyrax



Andreas
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

avatar

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-11-22
Posts : 1181

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:06 am

Great work Roger,
I changed my vote on my first message. If you need some help on counting here I am.
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:35 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Rogbear... No no no scratch Crocger cheers

So... because I don't want to let my dear Sergbear crying, because I don't want to let this moon bear be the top10 bear and... Because I'm the crazy french macaque geek

1 - Malayan bear
2 - red river hog
3 - Cassowary

tongue

affraid affraid affraid U-a-a-a-a-! Two different asian black bears are in the top! But and two cats (clouded leopard and serval!!), and cute red river hog, and sable antelope, and gorgeous Gaur...! And it,s all my FAVORITE!!! Hurray! And I think Mojo will get exclusive interesting and commercial top at the same time!


Last edited by Sergey on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:51 am

widukind wrote:
Very good information. And i see a lot of interesting proposals.

Here are my 3 animals:

Hoatzin
Blackbuck
Rock Hyrax



Andreas

Thanks Andreas, very interesting and unlucky species! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2807

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:53 am

Thank you Susanne :)

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/26714361

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:54 am

Abu Rai wrote:
Great work Roger,
I changed my vote on my first message. If you need some help on counting here I am.

Thanks Joan, any help is very welcome! Anyway some people could change it until the end of the day here in Europe! I'll post the top 10 later anything wrong tell me! Robert is helping me too!:)

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Our member Sphyrna18 has made only one choice, in this moment any vote can make all difference, even mine! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11295

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:33 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
Thank you Susanne :)
Hey Sylvia, as Susanne shrunk your picture down you can delete the massive one from your post Very Happy

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11295

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:34 pm

ana wrote:
Roger wrote:
I'm thinking in near future to ask Mojo to let us choose a figure for horse series, what do horsegirls think of it???:)

I think Suffolk Punch, Konik horse and maybe Fjord?
Agree 100% for Suffolk Punch Ana Very Happy Very Happy

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:39 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
ana wrote:
Roger wrote:
I'm thinking in near future to ask Mojo to let us choose a figure for horse series, what do horsegirls think of it???:)

I think Suffolk Punch, Konik horse and maybe Fjord?
Agree 100% for Suffolk Punch Ana Very Happy Very Happy

This horse looks to have a very easy sculpting and its an English breed, probabily it has some market! But no brand made it before???
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11295

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Roger wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
ana wrote:
Roger wrote:
I'm thinking in near future to ask Mojo to let us choose a figure for horse series, what do horsegirls think of it???:)

I think Suffolk Punch, Konik horse and maybe Fjord?
Agree 100% for Suffolk Punch Ana Very Happy Very Happy

This horse looks to have a very easy sculpting and its an English breed, probabily it has some market! But no brand made it before???
Yes that's right Roger, I'm pretty sure no brand has made this gorgeous breed.
They're really beautiful
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Suffolk_Punch_Head2.jpg

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:52 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Roger wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
ana wrote:
Roger wrote:
I'm thinking in near future to ask Mojo to let us choose a figure for horse series, what do horsegirls think of it???:)

I think Suffolk Punch, Konik horse and maybe Fjord?
Agree 100% for Suffolk Punch Ana Very Happy Very Happy

This horse looks to have a very easy sculpting and its an English breed, probabily it has some market! But no brand made it before???
Yes that's right Roger, I'm pretty sure no brand has made this gorgeous breed.
They're really beautiful
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Suffolk_Punch_Head2.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Suffolk_Punch_Head2.jpg[/quote[/url]]

Thanks Harriet, a bodybuilt chestnut horse! Certainly we will not have the chance of ask for another figure in next mounths, but I'll try to ask for a horse, even the Mojo range of horses is very small, Schleich have the market in its hands and CollectA has a huge range with a very different style, Mojo has only 10 horses, nice for collectors that want to start collecting a new series of horses.
Next week we will have closer pics from Mojo horses and size comparisons with Schleich horses and other brands!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
Very good information. And i see a lot of interesting proposals.

Here are my 3 animals:

Hoatzin
Blackbuck
Rock Hyrax



Andreas

Thanks Andreas, very interesting and unlucky species! Very Happy

...I think we need two more tops for votes:
1. The birds (and very rare and nice Hoatzin will be #1 in this top) Wink
2. The horses (it,s separate line models - farmlife)

And independently from results of our votes it would be good and easy for Mojo to know the priorities of collectors community for it,s business plans and marceting strategy.
And why the great Schleich, Papo, Safari and Collecta don,t know anything about our GREAT FORUM???!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing



_________________
My topic on STS
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2807

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:05 pm

I love Suffolk Punch also! I only hope that if any brand makes a mold of this breed they paint it correctly: ONLY chestnut, and no white markings allowed (only very little stars) :)

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/26714361

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Sergey! We need a paporator, a safarirator, a Schleichrator and a Collectarator! Is not hard to find people with nice relations with the brand, hard is to find someone who shares it with us!
Since the moment a brand will have a STS figure, a nice figure, successful, other brands will follow the same example, the magic word is sell!

_________________
~ Rogério Crocodile MY collection of FOXES! Foxes I'm searching! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Roger wrote:
Sergey! We need a paporator, a safarirator, a Schleichrator and a Collectarator! Is not hard to find people with nice relations with the brand, hard is to find someone who shares it with us!
Since the moment a brand will have a STS figure, a nice figure, successful, other brands will follow the same example, the magic word is sell!

...Our friend Kiryuha has some exclusive relations with a PRESIDENT (it,s woman) of Safari Ltd! It,s seriously! We,ll may ask him!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Sergey wrote:
Roger wrote:
Sergey! We need a paporator, a safarirator, a Schleichrator and a Collectarator! Is not hard to find people with nice relations with the brand, hard is to find someone who shares it with us!
Since the moment a brand will have a STS figure, a nice figure, successful, other brands will follow the same example, the magic word is sell!

...Our friend Kiryuha has some exclusive relations with a PRESIDENT (it,s woman) of Safari Ltd! It,s seriously! We,ll may ask him!

OK Sergey! By the way, where is Kiril? I don't see him online in these days! Try to ask him to vote too, he is n important member of the forum too!
Back to top Go down
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:40 pm

...You forgot Roger. Kiriyha already voted (from Sun Mar 06, 2011) . Look at his votes:

"My Top-3:
- Clouded leopard
- Great Hornbill (aka Calao)
- Asian Black Bear (aka Hymalayan Bear)"
A great news you've brought us Roger, by the way!"


Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rio



Country/State : South Wales, UK
Age : 26
Joined : 2010-05-07
Posts : 1138

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Equorum has made a Suffolk Punch Wink

I cannot wait to see the top animals, I think I like all the ones that people have mentioned cheers

If there ever is a horse special, we need a Norwegian Fjord Stallion that looks like a Stallion ! And a Gelderlander and Polo Pony Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Sergey wrote:
...You forgot Roger. Kiriyha already voted (from Sun Mar 06, 2011) . Look at his votes:

"My Top-3:
- Clouded leopard
- Great Hornbill (aka Calao)
- Asian Black Bear (aka Hymalayan Bear)"
A great news you've brought us Roger, by the way!"


Wink Very Happy

Thanks Sergey, I forgot, in fact in my notes there was already Kiril!
But in my mind he was missing! Anyway some of the most active members hasn't voted yet, but the most part already did it!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30647

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Rio wrote:
Equorum has made a Suffolk Punch Wink

I cannot wait to see the top animals, I think I like all the ones that people have mentioned cheers

If there ever is a horse special, we need a Norwegian Fjord Stallion that looks like a Stallion ! And a Gelderlander and Polo Pony Laughing

I agree that most fjord models just look cute cat
They are cute, though Wink

But what is a Gelderlander -horse? I have tried to google it and get a newspaper Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Rio



Country/State : South Wales, UK
Age : 26
Joined : 2010-05-07
Posts : 1138

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Sorry, they are called Gelderlands but can be called Gelderlanders. I really like the look of them in harness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelderland_horse I love you
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Rio wrote:
Sorry, they are called Gelderlands but can be called Gelderlanders. I really like the look of them in harness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelderland_horse I love you

Rio, do you want it with carriage or without???Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30647

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:21 pm

Rio wrote:
Sorry, they are called Gelderlands but can be called Gelderlanders. I really like the look of them in harness

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelderland_horse I love you

Thanks, Rio !
They are beautyful !
Only I think it is a liiitle bit a shame they have crossed all the old carriage-horses with thoroughbreds. It makes them look a lot like each others. This one has still got fantastic legs it seems Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Rio



Country/State : South Wales, UK
Age : 26
Joined : 2010-05-07
Posts : 1138

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 pm

So do I but I just think they are beautiful. I think what makes them really beautiful is that a lot of them have a bald, white, face and 4 stockings which I find so attractive !

Laughing with or without carriage, doesn't mind !
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21691

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Dear friends, we are already in the last hours of our votation! I'm already counting with the help of Robert! So, if someone changes the original votation should do it editing the original post but saying to prevent any confusion! Thanks and good luck for your choices! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012   

Back to top Go down
 
Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Mojo Fun - Collector's choice 2012
» Mojo 2012 - African wild dog
» Mojo Fun 2012 Iberian Lynx
» Mojo lions, hyena, giraffes, beaver and smilodon... and the Fun started!!!
» New American Black bear model 2012 from MOJO!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Mojö Fun-
Jump to: