Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*

Go down 
+49
Joliezac
Stripedhyena
NandO
Jill
sunny
George
rogerpgvg
Rakel
Birdsage
Mitsukuni
Duck-Anch-Amun
endogenylove
Wallace98
Bonnie
Tiermann
spacelab
RtasVadumee
Steve170
A.R.Garcia
Taos
bmathison1972
widukind
jarda
Bloodrayne
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
Caracal
Jolly Reaper
Wilorvise
Megaptera
costicuba
landrover
WhiteLightning Wolf
pm64
SUSANNE
NightLioness
sbell
lucky luke
Kikimalou
Dum_my
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Tarunyada
scot(t)
Ana
JamesPanda
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
Roger
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 11:19 am

Oh my The Isle of Jaws set I love you I love you

And you got the fab, Alien shark set! It's wonderful, which shark is the speartooth so I can catalog it in my collection

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 1:39 pm

Wonderful collection of sharks! Applause Applause

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 1:49 pm

Big congratulations, because theses box have many interesting sharks .

Very rare species!. cheers  cheers  cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 6:23 pm

Thank you everyone! I'm quite happy to have them,  I just don't have much room on my display...  Rolling Eyes no matter. Wink

Adam, the speartooth is supposed to be the dark gray front and center of the alien set. The lighter gray is a bullhead shark (or so the packaging says, many of them look like generic shark models rather than the species they claim).

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 6:26 pm

Much appreciated, thank you Very Happy
Yes they were so generic I just looked in my collection and I was like they look like my grey reef sharks so I'll put them with that species, now I can give it, its own place on the shelf.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 9:37 pm

Wonderful sharks collection with species I had never seen before! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 10:48 pm

Thank you Alain!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 10:55 pm

A few more additions I just got to photographing. First up some models from lovely Beatrice (all the k&ms in the upper 2 levels) and a a great package from our awesome NMR_Okapi! (the bottom tier of figures).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The red river hog is a gem and I am just glad that my CollectA has a friend now. Then NMR_Okapi's figures are a never before seen (at least by me) k&m gray wolf, a new species salamander and some great chameleons and iguana! HUGE thank you to them both for the splendid figures.

Next is a bit more shopping from when I when I visited a nearby town... my wallet scolded me afterwards... Rolling Eyes
The Wild Republic pets toob is not on TAW so I grabbed it. Maybe not the best figures on the market but I am happy to have them, especially the coral snake and goldfish. The Terra Acrocanthosaurus was a thrift find, well loved. The Safari zebra came home to parent its foal and the dalmatian decided to tag along. Wink And the Blip Toys/Animal Planet horse was one I first saw as a young teen, missed out on, have contemplated buying it several times on ebay, and then found it retail at Target for 3.99! Much better price and fulfills a childhood regret.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 11:05 pm

Since you joined in 2012, I think you remember how popular the red river hog was. We were all after it. We were not aware of other figures of that species and even TAW only shows the more recent CollectA. K&M continues being a fantastic brand for us collectors.

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 1:27 am

affraid affraid

Your collection is coming to jupiter ...more animals...

Red hog is really interesting cheers cheers

Variety of chameleons, Very nice dinosaur too.

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 10:07 am

Wow- your additions topic is always amazing, so many new models! drunken
And how wonderful to have found the unknown K&M Wolf, I've never seen this model too and it is beautiful! Very Happy
So many interesting little treasures, the Wild Republic Pets Toob is wonderful, and I love the little dog I love you .
And the Safari Dalmatian is a gorgeous model, with such a lovely expression! cheers cheers
And all these beauties will now have the best home in your amazing collection! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 12:14 pm

Some rare newcomers :) Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 12:38 pm

Very nice additions, the jewelled chameleon and casquehead iguana are especially interesting.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 5:24 pm

Wonderful additions and congrats!The Battat horse looks especially nice!Oh,how I miss going to thrift shops,we are still in lockdown here in the UK! Sad Sad Sad

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 7:00 pm

Taos wrote:
Wonderful additions and congrats!The Battat horse looks especially nice!Oh,how I miss going to thrift shops,we are still in lockdown here in the UK! Sad Sad Sad
Exactly the same with me! Sad One of my greatest joys is being able to walk into a shop without knowing what treasures you may discover! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 7:13 pm

The Wildrepublic tet tube looks really interesting :) I really love when users by models also for using them for TAW :)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 10:39 pm

Help! I have been invaded! By animal figures.  Very Happy Several I bought for TAW (at least that's my excuse...) but it may have backfired. Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately (for my wallet) , I found some intriguing sets recently and couldn't resist the price. I am a little disappointed in some figures, but also confused and looking for answers if anyone has any!

First up, two sets of what I thought were Nayab birds. Several of the sculpts I recognized but not the paintwork. The first set (allocated on the platforms and made of a similar material of confirmed nayabs I have) should be a peacock, crowned pigeon, mallard, spoonbill,
woodpecker, toucan, eagle or great horned owl (which?), ibis, macaw, kingfisher/hummingbird (which?), and an... african finfoot...??? (If TAW has an accurate guess as I do not!). Firstly, these seem more like the material nayab uses but the paintwork is poorer (not that it was great before).

On the lowest level were also SUPPOSED to be nayab-ish birds but seem a bit larger than average and made of heavier different material. As you can see, here are a toucan, macaw, and budgie (all Schleich copies?), an eagle or great horned owl (which? Should be the opposite of the one above), pelican, vulture(?), two parrots and a cockatoo, double ibises (one was supposed to be a kingfisher type of bird), and some sort of rainbow sparrow...?

My question is: are these nayabs in fact? And just different/cheaper versions because I have noticed on their website they have given in to retiring their actually nice "detailed" standard animal figures and only sell big brand copies... Crying or Very sad Perhaps they are cheapening further? Or are these some sort of bootlegs I mistakenly bought?  Either way I'm not totally unhappy as I planned to repaint several anyway but I am curious as to what you all think.

Then I found 2 Nayab sets on Amazon and bought them for TAW also. One set is "large" and one of "small" figures. Here goes!

Here we have a ringtail lemur, sloth, anteater, common genet, capybara, aye aye, maned wolf, koala, aardvark, red panda, armadillo, pangolin, tapir, platypus, mongoose (according to TAW), and a total mystery animal (gray and yellow mouth open figure bottom center).

Next to show the size difference the "forest" animals and some smaller friends. Large models continued: badger, spotted skunk, squirrell,  beaver, lynx, otter, rabbit, and raccoon (or raccoon dog?  Suspect). Smaller figures: wolf, fox, squirrell, spotted skunk, lynx, raccoon, beaver, badger, rabbit, wolverine, and armadillo.

And the other small figures: tree kangaroo, koala, sloth, aardvark, tapir, brushtail possum, capybara, jaguarundi, thylacine, numbat, anteater, ringtail lemur, pangolin, coati, maned wolf, common genet, wombat, red panda, platypus, otter, possum(?), quoll, palm civet, mongoose, and otter civet (again, mostly IDs by TAW if available).

Two Wild Republic/K&M sets caught my eye,  a lizard mini set and the Australia's most dangerous tube. The lizards I am working on IDs for as this set is missing from TAW, but I see a hellbender or other salamander, thorny devil, 3 horned chameleon, frilled lizard, basilisk, gecko, what I hope might could be a tuatara, and some others I am not sure about the IDs.

The tube was exciting to see! Not so exciting are the great white and bull sharks and insect/arachnids (not really my collecting field) and saltwater crocodile. Most exciting are the blue ringed octopus (bought just before Bully announced theirs), taipan, tiger, and death adder snakes!

Aaaand last but not least! (Funnily enough) I forgot to photograph the giant VW male giraffe from Beatrice to go with my calf. A giant AAA scratching tiger kitten who must have stuck his face in a fireplace before arriving. After a few frustrating online purchases and being sent the falcon instead, I finally found a seller with the proper AAA perched hawk! Now all I need are the two toucans... the angler fish is from Walmart, hollow and lower quality but a rare species to see in toys. Happened across a stunning Breyer stablemate at the same place. I am re-annexing some K&M snakes from another Australian tube, found a K&M sitting arctic fox, a very small unknown softshell turtle and then... fish! The Toy Fish Factory (now Replica Toy Fish) alligator gar, lake sturgeon(!) and an unknown brand Chinese Sturgeon! Super excited about the sturgeons as they are some of my favorite fish species.

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 10:51 pm

I plan on posting the birds and reptile set on my "what is this?" Thread as I need help with species IDs, especially since I plan on repainting most of them. I will link it here when I do it, tonight or tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 10:55 pm

that 'unknown' Chinese sturgeon is either the Colorata sturgeon, or a knockoff of it. My figure isn't handy at the moment to compare.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 11:11 pm

Hey, thanks Blaine! I checked TAW and it does look quite similar, though I assume mine is an enlarged copy? The model itself is nicely made for a bootleg, and I never would have noticed that since I have so few Japanese models.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 11:51 pm

Buying figures for TAW is the best excuse of ever. Laughing
Oh, let's start with the Nayab large animals? Wink
I am not sure I am getting it correctly, isn't the mistery animal the mongoose and the mongoose an otter?
Many things to check here, better to start set by set. Very Happy

landrover

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 11:56 pm

wow , affraid more and more and more animals....

I too had frustrating online purchases with the AAA perched hawk! It is marvellous.

The angler fish is large and nice. Many beautiful birds.....

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 11:42 am

Wow! cheers cheers Shocked affraid Very Happy
So many new additions, and so many animals to look at- it was a joy to scroll through all your many new and interesting models! Very Happy And what better excuse than to help TAW, with all these unusual figures! Very Happy
I wish I could help you more with the Nayab birds, I have the brown owl and the yellow bird with spread wings to the right of it I think, I' not sure if they are Nayab copies or not but they seem to be painted pretty similarly! Very Happy
So many interesting species too, and the Breyer stablemate is a little beauty! drunken
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 12:10 pm

Very nice additions! Congrats! I like the white tiger cub, very original pose and facial expression Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 1:36 pm

JUST OH MY GOLLY GOSH!!! The Nayab and the K&M have left me flabbergasted! I am so unbelievably jealous Razz Shocked , they are just phantasmagorical

I can't stop looking, they are just amazing!!! I love you I love you

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*   Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.* - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's new additions *Updated March 12th! Misc.*
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next