Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sean's collection displays updated!

Go down 
+10
NightLioness
Megaptera
TheLastStardust
Tarunyada
75senta75
landrover
barracudacat
widukind
SUSANNE
sbell
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

Sean's collection displays updated! Empty
PostSubject: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 4:49 am

So over the last little while, I have sold off a sizable part of my collection...but it still takes up lots of space. The good news is that everything fits nicely for now, and I finally reorganized the cabinets.

While I will eventually get close up photos here, I thought I'd share the photos of the cabinets overall for now...!

And I'm working from one corner clockwise. 3 of the 4 walls have something one them; one wall has a desk/photo centre and storage closet and is no fun at all!

East wall:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(the nerdy stuff shelf...!)

South wall:

West wall:

And in case people are wondering...there is not a real rhyme or reason to the organization. Some are shelves based on company, others on taxonomic themes, others are kind of random...

And already, we are planning to move the whole thing into a different room that sees more human activity so that the collection is more visible...so at some point I'll do this all over again! But until then, I will continue to add the photos of close ups of the shelves. Hopefully the move won't be for a while!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 8:23 am

Wonderful and beautyful cheers

sbell wrote:
And already, we are planning to move the whole thing into a different room that sees more human activity so that the collection is more visible...so at some point I'll do this all over again! ......!

Gosh ! Moving it all again Shocked
I can see that many models are quite fragile, so you will have to move each one very carefully Very Happy
Well. A good way to get the dust off Wink

sbell wrote:
....But until then, I will continue to add the photos of close ups of the shelves. Hopefully the move won't be for a while!

I can't wait !!! bounce bounce cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 10:10 am

Wow, a incredible collection :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 2:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Wonderful and beautyful  cheers

sbell wrote:
And already, we are planning to move the whole thing into a different room that sees more human activity so that the collection is more visible...so at some point I'll do this all over again! ......!

Gosh ! Moving it all again  Shocked
I can see that many models are quite fragile, so you will have to move each one very carefully Very Happy
Well. A good way to get the dust off Wink

Fortunately, it will just be a move within the house. It will involve moving all of the cabinets and such, so that will be a challenge!

widukind wrote:
Wow, a incredible collection :)

Thanks!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 4:36 pm

Wow! You have such an amazing array of ocean and prehistoric life. I especially love the giant white sturgeon on your top shelf. I also like how you arranged them as well since everything seems to go together. This is a fantastic display!

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 4:43 pm

Marvellous collection. Applause Applause

I see rare dinosaur models, and rare fishes too.

Big congratulations.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 6:09 pm

I have just been looking again !!! WOW ! I could look for hours !!! cheers
And everything looks so pefect together. For instance, - look at the shelf with the large sauropods : Safari, Invicta etc . It is really like a piece or art drunken

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 2:20 am

Thanks all!

So, first cabinet. Entirely Dinotales...except for some of the Dino Expos I think? And there are a few of the later Kaiyodo prehistoric capsule figures in here too...sometimes I just have to make them fit!

So that's today's shelves! I'll try to post a new cabinet (or part thereof) each day. Easier than trying to do all of it at once! Also...kind of cheating, but I'm just posting the same thing each time on the DTF, ATF and STS...just easier!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 8:46 am

Pure eye-candy cheers

I did not know there are so many dinotale models ! affraid
Actually, I did not realize that we know of that many different prehistoric critters Embarassed

Great that you show us your moldels little by little, I would be too much to see them all in one go Wink Laughing

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 10:22 am

sbell wrote:
So that's today's shelves! I'll try to post a new cabinet (or part thereof) each day.

That would be very interesting! bounce bounce bounce

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Ooooooooooooh, all these figurines drunken The overall photos of your displays just makes me drool xD So many great figurines, but really nice organized as well. My cabinets are a lot messier Laughing I'm really looking forward to see all the close-ups! But take your time, I can imagine it's going to take some time, taking/uploading all these pictures! Razz

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 5:34 pm

Tarunyada wrote:
Ooooooooooooh, all these figurines drunken The overall photos of your displays just makes me drool xD So many great figurines, but really nice organized as well. My cabinets are a lot messier Laughing I'm really looking forward to see all the close-ups! But take your time, I can imagine it's going to take some time, taking/uploading all these pictures! Razz

Thanks!

Fortunately, I've already taken the photos...it's more just the time to actually get them loaded up!

Also...funny fact...the shelves with the majority of my fish models are going to end up at the end of the postings! It makes sense in the room... Wink

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Cabinet #2!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 6:18 am

Thanks again everyone...

And with further ado, another day, another cabinet! Mostly Kaiyodo Animaltales, ChocoQ figures, Capsules/Bottlecaps, plus some other Japanese sets and miscellaneous figures (mostly Yujin, Bandai that sort of thing)

I sometimes feel like I should reorganize these somehow...but it's just kind of daunting! And, of course as always, this will be cross-posted through the DTF, ATF and STS!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 9:34 am

All these wonderful Kaiyodos!!! I am happy that i have that too :)

Is it a little shrimp in the last pic in front of the lionfish on the right side?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 9:53 am

Congrats on this lovely, amazing, and beautiful collection!! Very Happy
see forward to see the rest! <3 I also love how you display them, on those plexiglass (...?) tables/little stairs. it really brings out most of your collection that way! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 5:21 pm

widukind wrote:
All these wonderful Kaiyodos!!! I am happy that i have that too :)

Is it a little shrimp in the last pic in front of the lionfish on the right side?

It's a Yujin Mantis shrimp! I'm not huge into inverts...but mantis shrimp are worth the exception! I have the Yowies one too...

TheLastStardust wrote:
Congrats on this lovely, amazing, and beautiful collection!! Very Happy
see forward to see the rest! <3 I also love how you display them, on those plexiglass (...?) tables/little stairs. it really brings out most of your collection that way! Very Happy

Thanks! I use a variety of different acrylics/plexi things to acts as risers. Most of them are squared boxes that I think are meant for storage, but the flat, squared shape makes it easier to stack and put things on them. Some of the others aren't squared so it's tougher to stack them up.

In the larger shelves I have some proper three-tier risers and acrylic u-stands, but those are harder to track down.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 5:31 pm

Thanks, a nice model :)

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Very great collection. I like your fish models and of course the Basilosaurus:)
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 7:16 pm

Megaptera wrote:
Very great collection. I like your fish models and of course the Basilosaurus:)

Thanks! There are at least 3 Basilosaurus among the shelves...but two are pretty small!

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 7:27 pm

I can look at this for hours!
So many beautiful models, 99% are ones that I can not even pronounce the name of Laughing
Love the fibe, how organized it is, the colors, the small and big models, amazing!!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 9:07 pm

Gorgeous !!! cheers

I second Karin : I can also look for hours bounce

Please may we see the human models also ? Very Happy

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyWed Feb 28, 2018 11:43 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Gorgeous !!! cheers

I second Karin : I can also look for hours bounce

Please may we see the human models also ? Very Happy

I didn't take those photos...until now!

Here are the two tops from the first two cabinets:

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Cabinet 3!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 7:15 am

New day, new cabinet closeups! This one is a lot more random--some 'mystery' series figures, some assortments from a variety of companies, and a bunch of Shapeways figures...and the majority of my FaunaCasts models...plus some other customs and special figures!

And in the last photo, a close up of the ephemera on the book shelf below...including my various plants that I am otherwise unsure of where they can go!

(It should be noted that some cabinets have more shelves than others...just how they spaced out. Plus these ones have an extra, short cabinet on top that is separate)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 8:14 am

Interesting again!! What is the small red figurine in pic 3?

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 2:37 pm

widukind wrote:
Interesting again!! What is the small red figurine in pic 3?

That's the MPC Certaogaulus!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sean's collection displays updated!   Sean's collection displays updated! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sean's collection displays updated!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next