Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+74
rogerpgvg
Caracal
Stripedhyena
sunny
Babdo
Hippocollector
Morek
Phexedrine
goatherder
Leoo Past
thebritfarmer
Jill
spor
MansoBoricua
Paleochris
spacelab
ikessauro
halichoeres
Neptune
HeartHorses
George
NandO
Bowhead Whale
Roy-Swetsie
Farm collector
Bonnie
castlerigg
Duck-Anch-Amun
Advicot
Mitsukuni
Steve170
mest
Pardofelis
angtyson97
landrover
bmathison1972
Taos
Sylvius
elephas_maximus
JRoberto
Ana
WhiteLightning Wolf
AlienMantis
hawkins_zh
Noémi
WILLYBACOMAN
Rhamphorhynchus
sbell
Tarunyada
Ice_twin
Oryx7557
widukind
Wilorvise
Dutch Bear
NightLioness
Saarlooswolfhound
Tiermann
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Cscshop2013
smallscaleworld
pipsxlch
costicuba
farmerguy
QuollMate
schleich61
LeeAnn
blackdanter
DaveScriv
Jennypurr
Chris Sweetman
Roger
jarda
75senta75
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Brand Identification topic - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 3:15 pm

The tiger's number is 14382. You are right, '07 is the year he was made. Smile

smallscaleworld

Country/State : Hampshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 5:29 pm

The chocolate-brown cow and horse are 'OO Gauge' Crescent figures for model railway layouts, i think one or two of the larger ones may be Crescent too, but you'll have to wait for Dave or Chris to have a look! I also recognise the dog at the front but can't remember what he came with!

The flatter ones in the middle-ground look like home casts?

eBay - smallscaleworld
Back to top Go down
Cscshop2013

Country/State : Hampshire, England

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Many thanks LeeAnn and smallscaleworld.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Plastic dolphin   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 7:44 am

Can anybody help me. I have in my collection this unmarked hardplastic dolphin. And i hope to find some more informations about him :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyMon May 25, 2015 8:29 am

A singing dolphin cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Unknown Vintage-like figures, buffalo, deer, warthog, donkey etc.    Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 8:50 pm

I found these at an antique store while visiting my sister a while back. A few of theme appear to be like train set models or Christmas/holiday décor? Anyways, the buffalo, boars, and donkey are marked as Rae and made in Hong Kong, the bear is marked as made in hong kong, and the rest are a mystery. I was just curious if anyone knew a brand or what they may be for? (i.e. decorations model train scenery animals etc. I may be interested in getting rid of some if anyone finds them interesting, but I think I want to keep the small stags and deer in the first pic for my ertl farm set.

these are really fragile like plastic, kind of like the old style they used for holiday décor.

these are the same, but obviously their style is cartoony so I have no idea what they may be.

The doves/pigeons are the same plastic described above, the pheasant is more like your "normal" ertl plastic (if anyone is familiar with their chickens from their playsets), the frogs are ward rubbery plastic, the turtles are ceramic, and the rest is slightly more substantial plastic, sort of like a safari toob but obviously a little different.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. These were an impulse buy just because I was curious and I hope I can figure out what these guys are.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 11:14 pm

No idea but interesting catches Paige :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 4:29 am

Great and interesting find, - I love to see that kind of impulse-shopping cheers
Arrrh, those doves, - and the deer in the first picyure are lovely Very Happy

The donkey looks like the Britains donkey...maybe a copy ?

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 7:04 am

Warthogs and bisons are Prior models Wink
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 5:53 pm

Thanks Kiki, Susanne and Andreas! Wow, the buffalo and warthogs are from the 1960s! affraid Thanks for the info. And possibly a britains copy... I checked the company RAE on the Toy animal wiki but the donkey and bear there aren't the same models. However the models on the website are from the 1970s. Thanks guys for the help, but does anyone know if they are valuable at all? (I'm not a money grubber, but I don't really collect this type of thing and would open to a trade or something if someone were interested, the only things I'm really interested in keeping are the doves, and small stags/deer and maybe a bison and warthog if no one is interested). Anyways, thanks again for the help guys! Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 7:06 am

I do not know what RAE is, so I can't check scratch

Anyway, I grab the opportunity to show my two beloved Britains donkeys :

The grey one is from my childhood, and has the impressive name : "Donkey" Laughing As you can see, he is so played with that there is no structure left on his sides Laughing
The brown one is marked 1970, but I think the grey one is older ?

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 12:26 pm

Those are great donkeys! Thanks for showing them Susanne. And RAE apparently is a brand, but there isnt much on the wiki about them.

Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 5:14 pm

RAE and Prior I think used the same molds - they are Hong Kong maker and in the US many were sold bagged in pairs as a gasoline give away item, the ARCO Noah's Ark series. Buffalo and warthogs are definitely that. The red goat looks like it might be MPC brand.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 1:20 am

Thanks Tim, its great to have an idea how they sold (as twins). And that explains the Rae models a little more too, since the animal wiki doesn't have much info on them. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Oryx7557

Oryx7557

Country/State : new zealand

PostSubject: can anyone tell me what these animals are made by ??? / bears set    Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 7:16 am

so i got theses today of my local buy an sell online shop an i was just wondering if anyone can tell me what these are i know the lions are aaa but what are the birds an the bear set ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 8:39 am

Maybe Play Visions or some Safari LTD toob for the bears??

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 10:30 am

I am not sure about the brand for the bears.
I have 4 of those, but none are marked.

Andreas just recently send me this ebay add:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here on STS we have a topic on the PV bears.
They look a bit diferent i think
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On the other hand, the Safari ltd toob animals a lot lot smaller.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 11:09 am

Oryx7557 wrote:
so i got theses today of my local buy an sell online shop an i was just wondering if anyone can tell me what these are i know the lions are aaa but what are the birds an the bear set ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's a bit hard to tell from the size of the birds, but the toucan looks similar to the one sold on Tapirback here

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 11:46 am

Bears could be PEC , birds could be Nayab :) ( i am sure for the Toucan)

Back to top Go down
Oryx7557

Oryx7557

Country/State : new zealand

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 7:44 pm

thank you all for your help i was thinking some sort of safari ltd toob but i could not find anything on that so maybe something els an thank you anreas for the help on the birds i guess il have to wait til they arive to see if they are marked Very Happy thank you every one for the help cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ice_twin

Ice_twin

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Help please :)   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 12:57 pm

These came with some Schleich figures I bought, but I have no idea what make they are. Any ideas?

And these say Procon on them, and I wondered if anyone had any information about them, as i'd never heard of the brand before

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 1:06 pm

Wonderful! cheers The above animals are Jakks Discovery Scanopedia animals. They used to come with an electronic pen which you had to put to the logo on them and then you would hear some information about them. They're quite hard to find these days, if I'm correct.

Procon is actually CollectA, or that's what they used to be called.

TAi wrote:
CollectA is a large manufacturer of toy animals based in Hong Kong. Their parent company is Procon Asia, and earlier released figures include both Procon and CollectA on tags. The CollectA trademark is now predominant. They produce a full range of animal types but are best known for their extensive line of Prehistoric Life featuring many unusual species.

Hope this helped Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Ice_twin

Ice_twin

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Oww thank you Julie. :)

They're very cute, and, apart from the bear, they're animals I didn't have in my collection :)

As for the Procon animals, I never knew CollectA had a previous name. :) I couldn't find anything when googling. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 1:12 pm

Fantastic, rare finds cheers

I never even heard about Jakks Discovery Scanopedia animals before Shocked
Does anybody know how old they are ?
It looks like Ravenburger stole the idea for their TipToy-line , - or bought it perhaps ? Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Ice_twin wrote:
.......I couldn't find anything when googling. :)

Try our own [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ( Also called TAI in short) .
If type Procon in the search-function, your are redirected to CollectA.

TAI is not perfect, but with all us STS-people working on it, it is getting better every day cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next