Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+25
AlienMantis
lucky luke
Leoo Past
Shanti
durzon
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
Babdo
75senta75
Saarlooswolfhound
jarda
Taos
Virtem
Joliezac
Roger
bmathison1972
Jill
Balaenoptera
landrover
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
widukind
Chris Sweetman
sunny
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

Brand Identification topic Empty
PostSubject: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 10:06 pm

Same type of plastic as Hausser 1:32 figures.

I don't know the seller's story, it was many years ago. It's clearly someone who amateurishly built an animal box with 1:25 and 1:35 scale Hausser figures and some Britains. The mystery is that the wildebeest and impala are not, as far as I know, in any Hausser catalog but they have all the trademark features.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 11:51 pm

it looks like they have glue under their hooves, which means they could have been sold as part of some plastic scenery display - like tourists buy, or from a card diorama display box

I removed my ibex from a plastic diorama that was made as a souvenir for tourists

Have you removed them to inspect the other side?
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 2:21 pm

sunny wrote:
What year did the Britains eagle come out, that gives a timeline anyway.

The Britains Eagle was introduced in 1971 and was deleted in 1998.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 2:38 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 10:24 pm

I'd guess that they aren't Hausser Elastolin. Elastolin made a different gazelle for their 70 mm plastic series and if they made the same species in their 56 mm series, they normally used the same sculpt. The models in the Elastolin plastic 56 mm series are normally also fully painted, whereas the gnu and gazelle in your box aren't. And in my opinion, the Elastolin sculpting is more detailed. While the gnu and gazelle in your photos are very good, they are just a little more stylised.

I don't know what brand they are though.

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 2:41 am

They have all the features of the Hausser 1:32 figures... And there are many models that were only published in this scale: hippopotamus, rhinos, leopard, flamingos and pelicans, chimpanzees, crocodiles, turtles...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
So far my idea is that they are a prototype of impala and wildebeest that must have been presented in some model or exhibitor. In fact, I remember seeing as a child through a window of a toy store in Madrid a model with a train crossing a lake in which there were some Hausser flying flamingos in H0 scale and that were never published
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 11:07 am

What I mean is that if Elastolin made a species in both 70 mm and 56 mm, they usually used the same sculpt (though you are right, not always), so you'd expect the 56 and 70 mm gazelles to be the same. From an economic perspective that makes a lot of sense. There were no chimp, hippos, crocodile, anteater and Bactrian camel calf in 70 mm. There was an adult Bacterian camel in both scales and they had indeed the same sculpt.

The style is a matter of opinion. I think Elastolin modelled the fur and skin in more detail. If we compare the gazelle with for example the red deer, we see that the deer has very subtle grooves to show its fur:

The prototype theory is tempting, but it is uncommon that prototypes are cast in plastic and painted. To do this, they would need to develop the mould, which is costly. Cheaper to make a prototype in clay (or whatever material they used) without the need for making a mould. I'd say it's much more likely that you find a model by an unknown maker that made models in the style of Hausser Elastolin than prototypes. For example, this website shows a few models that are similar in style but aren't not Elastolin (similar to/ähnlich Elastolin). Some (German?) manufacturers tried to imitate the Elastolin style.

Just my two cents. But whatever they are, they are great models and undoubtedly rare.

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 11:24 am

You are right about the economic aspect of the mold but there were those H0 flamingos I quoted earlier... Maybe a small series was made for X purpose or scale models or promotional sets... It's a mystery, I wish in fact as you say they belonged to a manufacturer who made a Hausser style collection, because that would mean there could be a lot more models and species.
Anyway, the antilope in my photo is an impala, and let's remember that the Hausser gazelle has no signs of fur like the doe you attach.... That is the reason for my doubt... scratch
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 9:13 pm

Yes, you are right, it's an impala. I wish we knew more about the companies that made Hausser-like models. Perhaps it would clarify things.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 9:29 pm

Whatever what they are it is an incredible catch
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 9:31 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
In fact, I remember seeing as a child through a window of a toy store in Madrid a model with a train crossing a lake in which there were some Hausser flying flamingos in H0 scale and that were never published

HO scale? I thought Hausser Elastolin only produced figures in 40mm, 54mm & 70mm.

Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 9:31 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Whatever what they are it is an incredible catch

Agree Very Happy

Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 9:52 pm

Chris Sweetman wrote:
Stripedhyena wrote:
In fact, I remember seeing as a child through a window of a toy store in Madrid a model with a train crossing a lake in which there were some Hausser flying flamingos in H0 scale and that were never published

HO scale? I thought Hausser Elastolin only produced figures in 40mm, 54mm & 70mm.

Hausser-Elastolin-Preiser have a lot of H0 animal figures.
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 12:20 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:
Stripedhyena wrote:

Hausser-Elastolin-Preiser have a lot of H0 animal figures.

True Preiser have lots of HO animal figures and use former Elastolin moulds scaled down to HO.

Hausser-Elastolin went bust in 1983 and to my knowledge never produced HO stuff in their company's life time.

Following this bankruptcy the surviving moulds were purchased by Preiser.

sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 3:29 am

Can you take a photo of the other side of the gnu and impala?
and underneath as well.

I noticed that the paint jobs on them were a bit 'spotty' with some bits missing. They didn't look rubbed off, just missing in general.

Can you get a clearer pic of that by any chance Ricardo?

and the glue at the base of the feet is also interesting and could point as to their origin.

Were these made in South Africa for tourists??
though generally African souvenirs are made of local products like wood. With very little plastic.
When I grew up in Zambia there were no local souvenirs outside of the wood carvings and animal products.

Mass imported souvenirs made in China specifically for the Zambian tourist industry did not exist Wink
From my memory Wink

Any plastics in the country came from imports from China. Mostly little toys, plus Chinese candy (White Rabbit sweets). And also flock toy imports as well. Flock and pipe cleaner plushes.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 9:32 am

Sunny, I found the box inside one of the 10+ boxes I was going through a few days ago, they are no longer very accessible, I will take the pictures you ask for in the future.
I doubt they have anything to do with an African souvenir, my theory is still that they come from Europe (I insist that the texture, the type of plastic and the watercolor type paint finish is identical to the 1:32 Hausser figures). In any case the possibility remains open that their origin is Asia, but I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 10:07 am

Do you remember where (in which country) you bought them?

Do we know whether Hausser Elastolin ever sold animal models glued to a box? I once got one or two Elastolin farm animals that had a similar kind of soft glue on their feet (I peeled it off). I assumed that they had been used for a diorama but now I am wondering whether it might have been original.

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 10:33 am

I bought it on eBay Germany more than 7 or 8 years ago.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 6:17 pm

If they are indeed prototypes, then that would be the place to find them.

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySat Aug 12, 2023 3:04 pm

An antique complete set of miniature birds (about 3'5cm long) in its original box (includes cards). From Japan.
I've seen this kind of winged miniatures around the forum, but anyone knows more?
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 10:41 am

I love you but I can 't help.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 7:42 pm

Do you know the material?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptySun Aug 13, 2023 7:53 pm

Looks like hard plastic
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 7:12 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
Looks like hard plastic

For me more like the larger birds

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic EmptyMon Aug 14, 2023 7:23 pm

Wow and wow ....this set of birds is really marvellous.

Big congratulations Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next