Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+25
AlienMantis
lucky luke
Leoo Past
Shanti
durzon
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
Babdo
75senta75
Saarlooswolfhound
jarda
Taos
Virtem
Joliezac
Roger
bmathison1972
Jill
Balaenoptera
landrover
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
widukind
Chris Sweetman
sunny
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Brand Identification topic - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 10:58 pm

Yes, the giraffe is a bit smaller than the Starlux giraffe it used to imitate

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 12:48 am

beautiful imitations!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 11:41 am

Do you think they have been painted? It seems there are painting remains..
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 2:25 pm

No, it’s not the first time I came across animals of this series and they are always like that
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 4:06 pm

Interesting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 11:08 pm

Any idea?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 11:26 pm

Never seen them
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 1:19 am

Caracal wrote:

are they made from a soft polythene? they remind me of that material and usually the paint comes off easily on that surface. Maybe that is why they have 'colour' in their recesses?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 7:46 am

sunny wrote:
Caracal wrote:

are they made from a soft polythene? they remind me of that material and usually the paint comes off easily on that surface. Maybe that is why they have 'colour' in their recesses?

I didn't get them in a single batch. Every time I saw them, they were in this state. So I don't think they were ever painted.
It reminds me more of the figurines made in the 70s to imitate Chinese ivory figurines.
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

Country/State : México

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 4:26 am

Hello group, this time I found I have these photos, one that was uploaded of these buffaloes I want to know the brand or who has one that Sell ​​or exchange And I don't know the brand or where it was made, why? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 2:24 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
No, it’s not the first time I came across animals of this series and they are always like that

OK thank you,.. another mysterious mystery! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 2:29 pm

Leoo Past wrote:
Hello group, this time I found I have these photos, one that was uploaded of these buffaloes I want to know the brand or who has one that Sell ​​or exchange And I don't know the brand or where it was made, why? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hi Leoo Past! I had posted these 3 white indian buffalo cows because on my french forum we don't know the brand they are from. It is a cold case.. sorry scratch   If you want one or two, please  pm me!.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leoo Past

Leoo Past

Country/State : México

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 6:00 pm

Caracal wrote:
Leoo Past wrote:

hi Leoo Past! I had posted these 3 white indian buffalo cows because on my french forum we don't know the brand they are from. It is a cold case.. sorry scratch   If you want one or two, please  pm me!.. Very Happy
In fact, I searched the brand and nothing came out of any animal, but the Indian buffalo is really beautiful. So can you sell me a water buffalo? I already sent you a PM
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 2:38 pm

Replicas of one of the Safari Authentics boxes. Same scale and rubber. No brand, only with the name of the animal on the belly or flank (some of them do not have it written).
Anybody knows?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 6:25 pm

scratch scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 9:43 pm

Those are very cool, I especially like the little dot paw pads.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 10:01 pm

Does anyone know this elephant? It was sold as Merten, but I don't see it in their catalogues, so I am sceptical whether it is. It's made of a hard, creamy coloured plastic.

And this small fox, already shown by Annette in a different topic?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 10:19 pm

The elephant isn't a Merten for me, the material, the pose and size are far from Merten. Here they are: Two plastic and baby and a composition (it was also,produced in plastic)

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 10:27 pm

Yes, I found your elephants in the Merten catalogues. They look very different from mine.

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 1:03 am

I've never seen that elephant model before Roger. It's rather interesting with the unusual pose.

Christophe those figures are nice, in particular the baby, it's very cute.
The last pic reminds me of the plastic Timpo? model.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 10:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the Merten elephant calves are beautiful, I am still looking for them.... What scale? They are not listed in the catalog, true?
The Timpo in composition is Merten? Are there more Composite Merten in this scale?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 6:10 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the Merten elephant calves are beautiful, I am still looking for them.... What scale? They are not listed in the catalog, true?
The Timpo in composition is Merten? Are there more Composite Merten in this scale?

The scale is 1/43. The Timpo in composition isn't a Timpo, this model was also produced in plastic.

Here are the Timpos

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 8:07 pm

Merten is quite small at 1/43 then?
Thanks for the photo of the illustrations. These are very nice models and poses especially.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 8:15 pm

There is two series , on in 1/43, with numerous models and a "1/32" series with only a few wildcats that I know of.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 9:21 pm

That's right, there is a 4 cm and 6 cm series. The 6 cm series only has lions and tigers as far as I know.

All Mertens I have are marked "GERMANY". My elephant isn't so I don't think it is Merten. The question is, what is it?

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next