Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+25
AlienMantis
lucky luke
Leoo Past
Shanti
durzon
pipsxlch
Stripedhyena
Babdo
75senta75
Saarlooswolfhound
jarda
Taos
Virtem
Joliezac
Roger
bmathison1972
Jill
Balaenoptera
landrover
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
widukind
Chris Sweetman
sunny
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

Brand Identification topic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 6:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I got this humpback from eBay. It is a very good sculpt but I have no idea about brand or how old it is. The seller's listing said it's from the 70's but I doubt that, I think 90's is more likely. I asked the seller if they had more info about it but they never replied. It's made of hollow vinyl I think and is a monochrome light grey colour. Trying to find info on it on the internet but nothing so far, however I have seen two listings of lots including this figure on WorthPoint so it's not super rare. Any info on brand would be much appreciated!

Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 2:44 pm

Male Hamadrias baboon in hollow plastic (it seems to be two halves assembled by small "screws" located inside the legs). The size is big, a little bigger than the last mandrill Safari Ltd.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 2:11 pm

Never seen before

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 7:39 pm

I don't either! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 19, 2023 7:41 pm

Who would know the brand of this old compo polar bear please? (usual compo models scale)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 6:18 pm

NO idea

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 20, 2023 10:12 pm

Thank you Andreas! :)
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 1:36 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
An antique complete set of miniature birds (about 3'5cm long) in its original box (includes cards). From Japan.
Many of my tiny celluloid animals from Japan come in wooden boxes just like this. There is never any writing on them to indicated who made them, though, unfortunately. Not any help I know, but I too am curious. I have bought the box before hoping there was something on it to tell me.

I am wondering if anyone recognizes these horses (yes, still looking for tiny horses). This is the only picture of them the seller has, they do not mention a size but they look small, and the description says "no brand." Apparently they are new in those little plastic bags.

EDIT: Found them, they are Toymany and currently available on Amazon

Also wondering if anyone can tell what this little critter is? It looks like it has a striped tail?

Last edited by Jill on Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am

..looks like a cat! :)
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 4:32 pm

Any insect collectors able to help me identify this birdwing butterfly? Made of soft flexible plastic, wingspan about 15 cm. Appears to have been attached to a string at some point. No markings except 'made in China'

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 4:40 pm

Balaenoptera wrote:

Any insect collectors able to help me identify this birdwing butterfly? Made of soft flexible plastic, wingspan about 15 cm. Appears to have been attached to a string at some point. No markings except 'made in China'

Hi Balaenoptera - I had this figure for years and never knew the manufacturer. I bought mine at a toy store in Arizona years ago (1999-2001 or so). I had 4-5 figures, all using the same sculpt but painted after different species. The species were recognizable based on color, although the wing shape was inaccurate for most of them.
When I cleaned up the arthropod part of my collection a while ago, I purged all these.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 6:26 pm

I can't see yours here but Wild Republic sold something similar and those rubbery figures were not marked with the brand name.

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 14, 2023 10:08 pm

Thank you both. I looked at those Wild Republic butterflies, they are very similar but shape doesn't match exactly. But it could well be from another series by Wild Republic/K&M
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 11:06 am

Balaenoptera wrote:
Thank you both. I looked at those Wild Republic butterflies, they are very similar  but shape doesn't match exactly. But it could well be from another series by Wild Republic/K&M

Yes, your specific model is not in this catalogue page but I think the concept is quite similar and Wild Republic has released so many series we still don't know yet.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 12:42 pm

these are all the same thing, probably just slight variation in paint. I had all the species in the catalogue and they all were suspended from strings. K&M doesn't mark everything of theirs.

this is interesting; I hunted for years and never knew who made them. Now that I know they are Wild Republic I am tempted to put them back into my collection (but I don't think I will since they are very large, mostly inaccurately sculpted (the shape is only correct for the birdwings), and none are unique).

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 5:18 pm

Wild Republic seems the most likely then. bmathison, if you decide you want to add this to your collection, mine is up for trade.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 15, 2023 8:11 pm

Balaenoptera wrote:
Wild Republic seems the most likely then. bmathison, if you decide you want to add this to your collection, mine is up for trade.

Thanks for the offer but, if I wanted it I already have it ;-)
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 7:44 pm

Maybe a stupid question, but... Does anyone know if the mini figures in the CollectA tubes are marked like this on the belly? Thanks
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 8:11 pm

Stripedhyena wrote:
Maybe a stupid question, but... Does anyone know if the mini figures in the CollectA tubes are marked like this on the belly? Thanks

The insects are not. if this is a CollectA mini, it might be a knockoff
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 8:20 pm

What does it put in the insects' bellies, please?
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 10:33 pm

My CollectA Reptiles and Amphibians minis are marked CollectA China (C) 2021 with the species name. My Wildlife minis are marked in the same way, but with (C) 2017. There are quite a few knock-offs of the CollectA minis.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 10:44 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
My CollectA Reptiles and Amphibians minis are marked CollectA China (C) 2021 with the species name. My Wildlife minis are marked in the same way, but with (C) 2017. There are quite a few knock-offs of the CollectA minis.

The Mini Insects are marked the same. Also with a CE mark.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 9:22 am

Ok, many thanks for your help! :)
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2023 6:40 pm

I saw these pop up on eBay. They are listed as Safari Ltd, but I can't seem to find these on TAW... They say 1996 on the bottom in the picture but not Safari.

Does anyone recognize these? Link HERE

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2023 7:12 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
It feels like déjà vu, but I can't remember. Does anyone have any ideas?

Identified as PetitCollin (France) cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next