Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!

Go down 
+13
Rio
lucky luke
aandmkw
Kristie
ken yeo
MartinH
Kikimalou
SyLoBe
atabini
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Roger
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Empty
PostSubject: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Mr. James from Mojo gave me the oportunity to share with you something interesting and unique! It is not always that we see a rejected project from a brand. He wanted to share with us how hard could be to develop a model! And, for instance, he showed me this lion that reached the final stage and even with a lot of work and effort putted in it, the figure was rejected!
Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Mojo-lion0
Yes, is not as nice as the one we already know from fantastic Christophe's review here
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t2066-mojo-the-lions-family-walkaround-review-by-kikimalou
... but we know a lot of modern lions with a lower quality!
The bad part of this History is that this figure is from Mojo collection and it have to return to England, the best part is that I can't find the address: Laughing
Here goes some words and pictures of modern lions and we will see how hard is to make such a fulcral figure!
I'd loved to hear your considerations about this kind of figures...
SCHLEICH: Not counting with other series, the first wild life was made in 1989, in 1997 a 2nd generation and in 2006 a 3 rd generation here pictured...
Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Schleich-lion3
See! 2006 was only 5 years ago and this lion is much more horrible than the rejected Mojo ...and is a Schleich!
...fortunately, in 2008 Schleich launched a much better figure but with a tremendous lack of personality! Beautiful for a paradise diorama but not for a jungle!
Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Schleich-lion4
SAFARI: the North American brand launched this figure in 2006, called it an Angolan lion because of its lighter mane, is not bad at all but much better than the 3rd Schleich lion but slightly worst than the 4rd.
In 2011 there is a new larger lion in catalogue, let's see in future reviews its quality! The WW is from a completly different range should not be compared....
Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Safari-lion
COLLECTA: In 2010 a surprisingly nice lion, some dark and maybe cartoonish but I have a nice impression of it! The last place of the podium maybe! But I only know it from a sample, it replaced the strange balanced 2006 lion, a very different style but CollectA was in its first year production and the result was not nice!
Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Collecta-lion1
BULLYLAND: I'm so sorry, I don't have any Bullyland lion, those I know from shops I'm not able to buy it, are expensive and really poor figures! Anyway I was brave enough to have some as bad like the Schleich 3rd! Susanne, maybe you can help me here.
PAPO: The French brand is very known for the high quality, mainly in big cats! But not everything is perfect when talking about lions. The 2004 roaring lion is not a very good figure. It has a ridiculous small head under the mane, very strange paws, etc. Again, it was the first of the brand and it is a hard figure to make!
Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Papo-lion1
2006 is a different story. Finally a very decent lion, the King of the Jungle, a perfect tittle because 5 years later and he is still the king!
Is not a perfect figure, a short body, overbuilt paws and legs but, for example, the faraonic face and artistic mane are colossal!
By the way, the Papo lioness of the same year is the most perfect figure I know.
Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Papo-lion2
MOJO: In fact, the first Mojo lion is not the rejected but this hunting and elegant figure! In some points better than the 2006 Papo but not enough to became the new king!
We were the first to know the number 1 of Mojo and now we are the only to know the number 0! It's nice when a brand hear our opinions and with our help and levels of quality of this brand, I'm sure that very soon Mojo will have probably the best range of all!
Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Mojo-lion
Here two more pictures, in the first the rejected Mojo lion with the elegant friend from the same brand. And in the 2nd picture the rejected Mojo lion with the Schleich of 3rd generation!
Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Mojo-lions
Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Schleichmojo-lions
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:38 pm

I think he's gorgeous Roger and what a wonderful unique figurine to have in your collection! Maybe the final version is more realistic, but this rejected figure has a lovely style, I think I like him equally bounce

Last edited by HKHollinstone on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 8:42 pm

CAN SEE there is a great improvemnet for the MOJO lion
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Ohhhh, I just LOVE that rejected lion I love you I love you I love you
It is very different from other lions, - tell Mr Mojo that if he does not have use for it, it could find a very good home in Denmark Laughing Laughing

But I love the other one also. They both have a style that makes them special Mojo-models !
I surely have the Mojo-lions on my wish-list !!!!

Thankyou for your great review, Roger.
It is very impressive and a good and unusual contribution to the forum Very Happy flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Thanks friends! cheers

Harriet, have you ever tried to make a lion? :) cat
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 pm

Excellent topic... You don't have newer CollectA lion?

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Roger wrote:

No, I haven't yet

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
atabini

atabini

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:33 pm

From these pictures we can see that MOJO is doing a great work on the figurines. I do not know why they rejected the first one but it looks really nice for a collection or even a kid as a toy.

If MOJO keeps working this way and hearing our comments I think they will be number one very soon.

Congratulations Roger for having this great piece in your collection.

Alejandro
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Roger wrote:

....BULLYLAND: I'm so sorry, I don't have any Bullyland lion, those I know from shops I'm not able to buy it, are expensive and really poor figures! Anyway I was brave enough to have some as bad like the Schleich 3rd! Susanne, maybe you can help me here.

Bullyland has many. Here are two that may be comparable ? At least somewhat the same size as Schleich.

Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Bullylions'

True to Bullyland they are not very detailed Wink
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:55 pm

What a pity, that lion is awesome :)

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Thanks Robert!
No, I don't have yet the 2010 CollectA lion! As the lady of the shop usually says: - "I'm selling much better the old lion than the new!" - Of course she did, the new is not still available in Portugal! albino
He is in my wish list as the lioness, but not in the top, I think I'm not missing lions! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Thanks Susanne, Alejandro and Sylvia!!!

Susanne, sometimes I'm not very kind with Bullyland but I'm always honest! You know that I love the birds, some small mammals and few large mammals!
Anyway the lion from the left is nice enough, the roaring is is scary! affraid
I have one scariest to show later!!! affraid affraid pale
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:49 am

Very very interresting topic Roger. What an impressive rejected model Very Happy

And I must agree with the Mojo team... The new one is far better Cool

I like the Mojo philosophy, as far as I can understand : Making more realistic models and less toyish cheers
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:10 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Roger wrote:

No, I haven't yet

Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! 39051_10
i love CollectA lion Very Happy

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:55 am

Even the old one was being reject. But I like the colour!!

Here is the new 2011 lion from Safari
Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Img_1310

Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Img_1311

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:42 am

Thanks Martin and Ken for your pictures! These two were missing in this topic!
Does anyone have the first Schleich??? 14022 from 1989???

Christophe, thanks for your words, this is the spirit of the brand, anyway this is not possible to apply in all range!
I'll make a small experience with the two Mojo lions among children! I think the rejected is more popular among them but then I tell you! I hope not! :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:19 pm

The pictures here are not very good, but anyway, here Lions 14022

Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Schlions212

14004 from 82 :
Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Schlions1

I won`t be offended if somebody sends better photoes Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Shocked

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:04 pm

silent
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:05 pm

confused
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Susanne, don't get me wrong, it's not photographer's fault Wink

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:46 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Susanne, don't get me wrong, it's not photographer's fault Wink

Ok, you are forgiven Wink
I was just figuering out how to send a kick in the butt in an envelope to you and Rogerbert Twisted Evil
lol!
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:53 pm

Haha! I rather like Susanne's brown-button-nosed lion. Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
...how to send a kick in the butt in an envelope to you and Rogerbert Twisted Evil
lol!
Cool, kick in the butt... Remind me, is that a wild animal or farm life creature? lol!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Izzy wrote:
Haha! I rather like Susanne's brown-button-nosed lion. Very Happy

-Kristie

From now on their names are Robert & Roger Laughing
(Wasn`t that a cool kick in the...? Cool )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!   Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo rejected lion and other modern lions!!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Mojö Fun-
Jump to: